News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

:: Was Muhammed name of a Prophet? ::

Started by mmkhan, September 18, 2012, 03:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmkhan

Salaam Man of Faith and Khalil,

Please go through this thread from beginning, these questions has been answered already.

-->      مُحَمَّدٌ in 33:40
-->      مُحَرَّمٌ in 6:139
-->      مُنَزَّلٌ in 6:114
-->      مُتَبَّرٌ in 7:139
-->      مُّمَرَّدٌ in 27:44
-->      مُعَلَّمٌ in 44:14

These words are written in exactly same way, then why only Muhammadun is name and others are not? Just think about it.

May Allah increase our knowledge and guide us on His path  :pr
mmKhan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51

kgwithnob

Quote from: mmkhan on May 20, 2013, 03:20:34 PM
Salaam Man of Faith and Khalil,

Please go through this thread from beginning, these questions has been answered already.

-->      مُحَمَّدٌ in 33:40
-->      مُحَرَّمٌ in 6:139
-->      مُنَزَّلٌ in 6:114
-->      مُتَبَّرٌ in 7:139
-->      مُّمَرَّدٌ in 27:44
-->      مُعَلَّمٌ in 44:14

These words are written in exactly same way, then why only Muhammadun is name and others are not? Just think about it.

May Allah increase our knowledge and guide us on His path  :pr
mmKhan
The red highlight above is from me.

Dear mmkhan,

It seems that you don?t know much about the rules and regulations governing the Arabic language. You just write down a bunch of words out their context, from The Qur?aan, claiming that, because they SOUND just the SAME in your ears, then they all must belong to the same group, linguistically. You're just following your whim and conjecture on issues you have little or no knowledge about, none whatsoever.

In 48:29 I purposely, and in big lettering, highlighted the PROPER name ?MUHAMMAD? and the pronoun ?HIM? that was used to refer to the Prophet, pbuh, in the verse, i.e. the part that talks about ?those who are with HIM?. You disregard the whole meaning and context of the verse and follow your own impulsive gibberish.

Peace,
Khalil   

mmkhan

Quote from: kgwithnob on May 20, 2013, 05:45:03 PM
The red highlight above is from me.

Dear mmkhan,

It seems that you don?t know much about the rules and regulations governing the Arabic language. You just write down a bunch of words out their context, from The Qur?aan, claiming that, because they SOUND just the SAME in your ears, then they all must belong to the same group, linguistically. You're just following your whim and conjecture on issues you have little or no knowledge, none whatsoever.
Peace brother,

Red: This is not from alQuraan, but what I wrote is indeed from alQuraan. Allah never said in His Book that Arabic Language rules and regulations which was made by humans is the way to understand the aayaat of alQuraan. But Allah said, He guides whom He wills... How? This is an interesting question, you have to understand this point.

AlKitaab is nothing but referring to alQuraan's TEXT, which is very important, and alKitaab is the guidance for alMuttaqeen 2:2. If you ignore that and run behind man made rules and regulations which Allah never confirmed, then you have to answer to your Lord what you have done. And surely, here you follow your own wishes. Do you see this difference bro?

Quote from: kgwithnob
In 48:29 I purposely, and in big lettering, highlighted the PROPER name ?MUHAMMAD? and the pronoun ?HIM? that was used to refer to the Prophet, pbuh, in the verse, i.e. the part that talks about ?those who are with HIM?. You disregard the whole meaning and context of the verse and follow your own impulsive gibberish.

Peace,
Khalil   
Why didn't you read previous pages of this thread to get your answer on this. I did not disregard it, I said in my previous post
Quote from: mmKhanSalaam Man of Faith and Khalil,

Cool down brother, how can you blame me with "I disregard the whole meaning and context of the verse", "I follow my own impulsive gibberish" and "I am following my whim and conjecture" without studying this thread in full? Even if you do so, I will ask you to seek Allah's help and guidance on this subject, inshaAllah, He will show you the right path.

May Allah increase our knowledge and guide us on His path :pr
mmKhan
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

kgwithnob

Quote from: mmkhan on September 18, 2012, 03:35:23 PM
I am wondering how this can be solved. I never found any names in AlQuraan ending with this tanween either two of them, as in Muhammed i.e.,

How about the verses 11:42, 11:45, 26:106, 37:75, 71:21, and 71:26 below. I hope you didn't miss them on purpose.

وَهِيَ تَجْرِي بِهِمْ فِي مَوْجٍ كَالْجِبَالِ وَنَادَىٰ نُوحٌ ابْنَهُ وَكَانَ فِي مَعْزِلٍ يَا بُنَيَّ ارْكَب مَّعَنَا وَلَا تَكُن مَّعَ الْكَافِرِينَ

وَنَادَىٰ نُوحٌ رَّبَّهُ فَقَالَ رَبِّ إِنَّ ابْنِي مِنْ أَهْلِي وَإِنَّ وَعْدَكَ الْحَقُّ وَأَنتَ أَحْكَمُ الْحَاكِمِينَ
إِذْ قَالَ لَهُمْ أَخُوهُمْ نُوحٌ أَلَا تَتَّقُونَ    
وَلَقَدْ نَادَانَا نُوحٌ فَلَنِعْمَ الْمُجِيبُونَ
قَالَ نُوحٌ رَّبِّ إِنَّهُمْ عَصَوْنِي وَاتَّبَعُوا مَن لَّمْ يَزِدْهُ مَالُهُ وَوَلَدُهُ إِلَّا خَسَارًا
وَقَالَ نُوحٌ رَّبِّ لَا تَذَرْ عَلَى الْأَرْضِ مِنَ الْكَافِرِينَ دَيَّارًا

Peace,
Khalil

mmkhan

Quote from: kgwithnob on May 20, 2013, 07:41:21 PM
How about the verses 11:42, 11:45, 26:106, 37:75, 71:21, and 71:26 below. I hope you didn't miss them on purpose.

وَهِيَ تَجْرِي بِهِمْ فِي مَوْجٍ كَالْجِبَالِ وَنَادَىٰ نُوحٌ ابْنَهُ وَكَانَ فِي مَعْزِلٍ يَا بُنَيَّ ارْكَب مَّعَنَا وَلَا تَكُن مَّعَ الْكَافِرِينَ

وَنَادَىٰ نُوحٌ رَّبَّهُ فَقَالَ رَبِّ إِنَّ ابْنِي مِنْ أَهْلِي وَإِنَّ وَعْدَكَ الْحَقُّ وَأَنتَ أَحْكَمُ الْحَاكِمِينَ
إِذْ قَالَ لَهُمْ أَخُوهُمْ نُوحٌ أَلَا تَتَّقُونَ    
وَلَقَدْ نَادَانَا نُوحٌ فَلَنِعْمَ الْمُجِيبُونَ
قَالَ نُوحٌ رَّبِّ إِنَّهُمْ عَصَوْنِي وَاتَّبَعُوا مَن لَّمْ يَزِدْهُ مَالُهُ وَوَلَدُهُ إِلَّا خَسَارًا
وَقَالَ نُوحٌ رَّبِّ لَا تَذَرْ عَلَى الْأَرْضِ مِنَ الْكَافِرِينَ دَيَّارًا

Peace,
Khalil

Peace Khalil,

Not only "Nooh" but also "Loot", "Hood", "Saleh", "Shuaib" are also used with tanween, so they might not the names. It is like:

2:67 وَ اِذۡ قَالَ مُوۡسٰی لِقَوۡمِہٖۤ اِنَّ اللّٰہَ یَاۡمُرُکُمۡ اَنۡ تَذۡبَحُوۡا بَقَرَۃً ؕ قَالُوۡۤا اَتَتَّخِذُنَا ہُزُوًا ؕ قَالَ اَعُوۡذُ بِاللّٰہِ اَنۡ اَکُوۡنَ مِنَ الۡجٰہِلِیۡنَ
2:67 And when Moses said to his people, "Indeed, Allah commands you to slaughter a cow." They said, "Do you take us in ridicule?" He said, "I seek refuge in Allah from being among the ignorant."

Here the word Baqara is not a name and also note that "fatha tanween" is used on word baqara that means a cow or any cow. And when it is pointing to a particular one, then it will be said as:

2:68 قَالُوا ادۡعُ لَنَا رَبَّکَ یُبَیِّنۡ لَّنَا مَا ہِیَ ؕ قَالَ اِنَّہٗ یَقُوۡلُ اِنَّہَا بَقَرَۃٌ لَّا فَارِضٌ وَّ لَا بِکۡرٌ ؕ عَوَانٌۢ بَیۡنَ ذٰلِکَ ؕ فَافۡعَلُوۡا مَا تُؤۡمَرُوۡنَ
2:68 They said, "Call upon your Lord to make clear to us what it is." [Moses] said, "[Allah] says, 'It is a cow which is neither old nor virgin, but median between that,' so do what you are commanded."

Here "dhamma tanween" is used on the word Baqara to point out a particular one among cows, but still it is not referred as name. This is how Allah explains, alhamduliAllah :hail

Hope you get what I am saying inshaAllah.

mmKhan

kgwithnob

Quote from: mmkhan on May 20, 2013, 09:22:54 PM
Not only "Nooh" but also "Loot", "Hood", "Saleh", "Shuaib" are also used with tanween, so they might not the names. It is like:

It seems that there is no way to have a logical dialogue with you, but let me ask you one last question. Who is the prophet that was given The Qur'aan, and what is his name?

Peace,
Khalil

Earthdom

Quote from: mmkhan on May 20, 2013, 07:38:00 AM
There is no first and last messenger and prophet. Allah sends them whenever people need them.

Peace @mmkhan
33:40."Muhammad is not fathers of yours, but he is  رَسُولَ of Allah and Khattam al Nabbiyin".

You said if "Muhammad" is just a title name, then who is the Qhattam al Nabi (closer of all Nabi)? Yesus?
Yes word Muhammad can be literally means "commendable".But it's normal, if a person's name adopted from the words.

Even we're reject hadith.This means we aren't fully or radically trashed the hadith.May hadith already distorted in term of fiqh, but not so in historical shira'.

Quote from: kgwithnob on May 20, 2013, 10:40:56 PM
It seems that there is no way to have a logical dialogue with you, but let me ask you one last question. Who is the prophet that was given The Qur'aan, and what is his name?

Yes, if some Christians or Jews, ask us question. "Who is your prophet?", "How is historical background of the Quran?".

It's funny, if we answered them by say "We don't know".

mmkhan

Quote from: kgwithnob on May 20, 2013, 10:40:56 PM

Peace,
Khalil

Peace Khalil,

That's OK with me... Please take a look this for answer to your question.

mmKhan

mmkhan

Quote from: Earthdom on May 21, 2013, 03:46:43 AM
Peace @mmkhan
33:40."Muhammad is not fathers of yours, but he is  رَسُولَ of Allah and Khattam al Nabbiyin".

You said if "Muhammad" is just a title name, then who is the Qhattam al Nabi (closer of all Nabi)? Yesus?
Yes word Muhammad can be literally means "commendable".But it's normal, if a person's name adopted from the words.
Peace Earthdom,

Your translation is wrong. Please take a look at this for detailed answer, inshaAllah.

Even we're reject hadith.This means we aren't fully or radically trashed the hadith. May hadith already distorted in term of fiqh, but not so in historical shira'.
You should say "I" instead of "WE" brother. I don't have any place for hadith nor for so called historical shariah.

Yes, if some Christians or Jews, ask us question. "Who is your prophet?", "How is historical background of the Quran?".

It's funny, if we answered them by say "We don't know".
Nope! That's not funny if you say "I don't know", but this is funny to claim to be a muslim and care about people more than Allah. I personally don't care about people, but I care about my Lord, Allah. What if He don't like it if I say something, is important that what people think.

BTW, you can take a look at the link given in my post above this.

mmKhan

Man of Faith

Peace,

Do not care about people?

God bless you
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]