Author Topic: What's the difference between Quranist, God Alone and Quran Alone  (Read 7466 times)

hawk99

• Advanced Truth Seeker
What's the difference between Quranist, God Alone and Quran Alone
« on: September 08, 2012, 10:22:02 AM »
Peace,

I see these three different terms used and I wonder what's the difference between them.
I for one consider myself to be one of the God Alone muslims.
One reason is because I believe in the articles of faith:

God
Messengers of God
The Holy Books
The Angels of God
The Day of Judgment
The Ultimate Plan

The Holy Books are included in the articles of faith, therefore can you be
a Quranist or Quran alone muslim and adhere to the belief in the other
Holy Books?

Help me understand

Peace   O0

The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
Re: What's the difference between Quranist, God Alone and Quran Alone
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 10:58:09 AM »
Peace hawkninetynine.

I am a " believer". I follow the deen/system/ religion of Adam, Noah, Abraham, the Patriachs, Moses, Jesus, Muhammed and all the prophets and messengers of God. The Deen/system/religion is " Submission and total loyalty to GOD Alone".

All these prophets and messengers have asked us to " Repent" and " Redeem ourselves back to God s kingdom" , not to accept any other  deen/system/ religion, for it is " Idol worship" or " shirk".

A" believer" believes the " Message" brought by the prophets and messenger., follows GOD Alone, and trusts in God to guide him/her.

May the Lord guide all those who seek Him Alone.

Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say: I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

Magnus

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 01:29:45 PM »
There are many kinds of believers.
"God alone" sounds like another way of saying monotheism.
What "Quran alone" means must come down to how one defines the Quran: I happen to think that the preserved Quran is no more or less than a sequence of words in the Arabic language. I would argue that those with a less strict view of what the Quran actually is run a great risk of adhering to something other than the actual Quran, though they deny this.
"Quranist" seems contrived to separate from "traditionalist". I don't know, I don't like it much.
I think Muslim are those who actually submit to God. Many claim to do just that, while they are following their own desires instead.
It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

hawk99

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 04:01:50 PM »
Peace,

Thank you good logic for your explanation.  Do you know of any differences between the three.
 (Quranist, God Alone and Quran Alone)

Peace  Magnus,
There are many kinds of believers.
"God alone" sounds like another way of saying monotheism.

Wouldn't  Quranist and God alone muslims consider themselves monotheist as well.

Peace   O0

loxbox13

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 06:21:09 PM »
Peace,

Thank you good logic for your explanation.  Do you know of any differences between the three.
 (Quranist, God Alone and Quran Alone)

Peace  Magnus,
Wouldn't  Quranist and God alone muslims consider themselves monotheist as well.

Peace   O0

No matter what difference they have,  they all the ssame,  in one thing,  freedom of thinking,  liberated, just as ibrahim (Liberman) was

so , quranist, god alone, quran alone,  are the freedom of thinking and analysing, so it's the same thing,  it depends on the level of intelligence, or knwledge of language or honesty

Bigmo

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 09:43:30 PM »
Peace,

I see these three different terms used and I wonder what's the difference between them.

God
Messengers of God
The Holy Books
The Angels of God
The Day of Judgment
The Ultimate Plan

Holy Books?

Help me understand

Peace   O0

Quranist are either one of those parties

1. They only accept the Quran as a religious source.
2. They accept the Quran and previous scriptures.
3. They accept the Quran and Islamic rituals but not hadiths.
4. They accept the Quran and Islamic rituals and hadiths that does not contradict the Quran.
5. Not necessarily among any but switch according to specific issues. Most Quranist tend to be in this category, at least the ones here are.

None believe in abrogation. None believe in accepting what contradicts an explicit verse from the Quran.

Now there should be another criteria but this is still a work in progress and that is nothing should be made binding that is not supported by an explicit verse from the Quran. Some Quranist still have a problem with this. This usually are the ones who still follow the Islamic rituals and hadiths that do not contradict the Quran. They still do not want to acknowledge Quranist who don't want to follow the Islamic rituals since they are not stated as such in the Quran. They want to make those rituals binding as they are (like the 5 salat). Without an explicit verse from the Quran they will not able to since many Quranist will demand that evidence from the Quran.

Also the ones who only accept the Quran have a hard time accepting those who follow other sources as well since they see that as an attack on the Quran's self sufficiency. However they have to come up with an answer about the previous scriptures the Quran talks about abundantly. They usually claim these scriptures we have today are not the ones the Quran is talking about. But this is not supported by any Quranic or historic evidence. Because the verses in the Quran about the previous scriptures are explicit, they find that the only argument to go with is questioning whether these scriptures still exist today. We have to understand that there is a difference between following something and following something that contradicts the Quran.

If you believe in abrogation and believe that the sunnah as it is in Islamic sources can add legislation that is binding, than you will not get far with Quranist. Even with the ones who accept hadiths since those ones still will not accept what contradicts the Quran. This is what seperates a Quranist from a Sunni/Shia follower. Abrogation and binding authority. These sects can accept what contradicts the Quran and can make binding what the Quran never did.

Code 19 is another good example where some have tried to make binding what the Quran was not explicit about. They rely on implicit verses. Implicit verses will not get you far. There is nothing wrong with following code 19 or any other mathematical code, as long as you don't contradict the Quran. But you can't make binding what is not explicit in the Quran. It is wrong for the 19ers to attack those who don't wish to follow it, but its also wrong to attack them for following it. If they don't contradict the Quran than there is no reason not to follow it. The Quranist persuasion is for the whole of mankind. We have different backgrounds and different personalities and different ways of thinking, The Quran however shall unite us.

Like I said, this is still a work in progress. But this is how the Quranist persuasion will develop.

So what is explicit? Its what the vast majority of Quranist can agree with. Not what some agree with.

No abrogation and only an explicit verse of the Quran is binding and under no circumstance should anything that contradicts an explicit verse of the Quran be accepted.
88:21 22; And so, exhort them your task is only to exhort; you cannot compel them to believe

Abdul-Hadi

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 10:18:36 PM »
Greetings and Peace, all  :group:

Peace,

God
Messengers of God
The Holy Books
The Angels of God
The Day of Judgment
The Ultimate Plan

Holy Books?

Help me understand

Peace   O0

They are all labels, with different meanings to different people.  Usually detractors say "Quranist" dismissively about any that deny extra-Quranic hadith.  While some people try to reclaim the word in a positive sense, it has an ordure about it.  "GOD Alone" is also a label, albeit one that emphasizes the focus is on ALLAH and not the Message.  As noted in OP, "GOD Alone" also touches upon the brotherhood of ALL monotheists, regardless of Message. "Quran Alone" emphasizes the rejection of extra-Quranic hadith.  Personally, I don't care for this label either, because it sounds like one worships AQ.  :&  It is a beautiful Message, but the focus should *never* be other than ALLAH.

A Quran alone muslim adheres to the belief in other books because the Message is the same (human meddling aside).  This also means that a Christian who is a monotheist upholds, knowingly or not, all other Messages.  Likewise to a follower of Judaism who is monotheistic and follows the Torah.  All monotheists are essentially the same.

A muslim that denies that there are other forms of the Message outside of AQ is incorrect per AQ.  There are Messages outside of AQ--each effective for a particular audience. 

Of the three labels, "GOD Alone" is best.  Other possible names are monotheist or muslim (small m).  Is not a monotheist a muslim?  :hmm 

Have you heard that one who points a finger at another points four fingers back at themself?  :)  Let us strengthen ourselves in the Deen and invite seekers, and not antagonize others who find strength in other Messages.

ALLAH knows best.

:peace:

~Abdul-Hadi   

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 10:45:29 PM »
Peace hawkninetynine.

I do not know the difference. It depends on their sincerity. Only God knows the innermost thoughts.

Also He is the only one who judges and shows us what " we dispute" on the day of judgement.

i agree with you " God Alone" is the uniting factor. Especially when He is the Only one who guides.

Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say: I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

Ayisha

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 01:20:34 AM »
I wonder if any would be considered Muslims by God?  :angel:
In the name of God, The Compassionate, The Merciful.
Praise be to God, Lord of the Universe,
The Compassionate, The Merciful,
Sovereign of the Day of Judgement!
You alone we worship, and to You alone we turn for help.
Guide us to the straight path,
The path of those You have favoured,
Not of those who have incurred Your wrath,
Nor of those who have gone astray.

hawk99

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 02:39:11 AM »
Peace all,

They are all labels, with different meanings to different people.  Usually detractors say "Quranist" dismissively about any that deny extra-Quranic hadith.   Personally, I don't care for this label either, because it sounds like one worships AQ.  :&  It is a beautiful Message, but the focus should *never* be other than ALLAH.
Of the three labels, "GOD Alone" is best.  Other possible names are monotheist or muslim (small m).  Is not a monotheist a muslim? 
ALLAH knows best.
~Abdul-Hadi   

Am I reading correctly when you type: that "Quranist" is a pejorative
term used to describe those who do not accept hadith?  In other words, it is not a
description embraced, but a title given?

Have you heard that one who points a finger at another points four fingers back at themself?  :)  Let us strengthen ourselves in the Deen and invite seekers, and not antagonize others who find strength in other Messages.
ALLAH knows best.
~Abdul-Hadi   
Yes I've heard of the finger pointing, I am guilty of that, we must invite in the best possible way.

Peace   O0