Author Topic: Legacy  (Read 1658 times)

Farabi

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Legacy
« on: December 02, 2014, 02:23:27 AM »
Legacy or inheritance is something crucial on a family. Sometime a family can be broken for fight over a legacy. So, how can it be done?

A male had twice than the female did. Why it should be that way? Well, based on my opinions, a male is leader on a family becase they are stronger and spent more on money. Male have to take care of his family, son and daughter, and sometime, theyre parent too.

So, how do we do that? If we recount the percentage will it be more than 100%?

Here is the simple rule, male twice than female. The more the male on that family the tinier her part was. The less the male on her family the bigger her part was, but it still half of her siblings has.

Lets say, a family had 2 male and 1 female. How do you count that? It simple, just remember the rule. There is, 2 of 2, and 1 of 1. Lets say the family had name A, B, and C. Where C is female.

A got 2
B got 2
C got 1

There is 5 in total. A got 40%, B got 40% while C got 20%. Dead simple eh? And if you accumulate it, it always 100%.
At first I thought I'll be neutral by replacing my emotional attachment, what then happened was, I switch my side from the other extreme to the other one. I had no idea what is neutrality.

Farabi

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Legacy
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 04:29:15 AM »
Let me add more example, what about 3 male, can we apply the same rule? Of course you can.

A got 2, B got 2, C got 2. The total would be 6. A got 33% B got 33% and C got 33%. It can be applied to any number of children you had. Need some more example? 1 male with 4 female.

A 2
B 1
C 1
D 1
E 1

Total: 6

A got 33% B to E got 16,6%.
See? The ratio of twice of female can still be achieved while the calculation did not breach 100%.

Its prety simple to be built as a javascript code for an online calculations.
At first I thought I'll be neutral by replacing my emotional attachment, what then happened was, I switch my side from the other extreme to the other one. I had no idea what is neutrality.

Mazhar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 11:56:07 PM »

Farabi

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 04:07:42 AM »
Daughter not Son is the central theme of Inheritance.

Ok I get it, I re read the quran. I think my case above was only for some part of the case. The quran said about when all of the children was all female or more than 3 or so, I cant remember.

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 04:34:40 PM »
The inheritance law leaves me drained every time! :-\
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Farabi

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 09:04:02 PM »
The inheritance law leaves me drained every time! :-\

What is that idiom mean?

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 12:20:46 AM »
So far not a single explanation about the inheritance law has satisfied me. Not talking about yours. Last week also we discussed it on this forum. Still I feel there is something wrong with the official verse. It seems too much like one size fits all formula, but we know that our life stories arent always same. Hence, the law doesn't make sense to me.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-1
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 04:19:33 AM »
I also feel there is a lot more to it, but it will take some fresh way of meeting the text, which right now might be difficult for most of us because we are in fact to much caught in the mold in which we should put it when reading it. However, in good time, we should get that fresh look which will unlock its treasures, at least the treasures for this time and people. In sha Allah.

Salaam