Author Topic: Inheritance according to Qur?an  (Read 121903 times)

Recluse

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Inheritance according to Qur?an
« Reply #570 on: April 21, 2016, 07:53:13 AM »
The problem is not "wrong interpretation", but our own attitude towards this book called Qur'an. And the disadvantage of women is not only related to inheritance of course; women are mere posessions of men according to the Qur'an.. because that was the reality back then. It still is the reality in the Persian Gulf, and in parts of Pakistan, Egypt and many other countries. So when it comes to women, I think we can all agree that Saudis are the best 'Muslims' in this respect..

Peace

Recluse

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #571 on: April 21, 2016, 07:59:25 AM »
Yes I question nearly everything.

Why shouldn't we question everything? Why has the Creator given us these amazing faculties called mind, intellect and conscience, if we are not supposed to use them, or question/ponder about everything in life?

If we are sincerely seeking the truth and asking sincere questions, why would a merciful God throw us into Hell? Even if we made certain mistakes or arrived to certain wrong conclusions in our sincere quest for truth? Blind belief and acceptance of anything is the easiest thing in the world to do, blind belief or acceptance is not a virtue, and it does not benefit us, God or anyone else...

Any fool can do that, just shut off your intellect and conscience. If a real "prophet" came today many people on this forum would blindly reject him and tell him that they will only follow what their forefathers have been following for 1400 years. They would call that prophet a kafir/infidel...

Peace

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #572 on: April 21, 2016, 08:58:05 AM »
If a real "prophet" came today many people on this forum would blindly reject him and tell him that they will only follow what their forefathers have been following for 1400 years. They would call that prophet a kafir/infidel...

Yes, they do.

Be safe
Amenuel
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-1
« Reply #573 on: April 21, 2016, 09:44:25 AM »

And it seems only to deal with fiscal matter as it clumsily partitions a greater deal to males as if money is all that is worth anything.

So indeed, you, who question everything, are indeed buying he arrangement made to the Qur'an done male rule through some centuries ad take it as unchallenged law.

So, indeed, your attitude is not better than that of themany you criticize for taking for granted the views elaborated by humans and diregarding the real wording of the Qur'an. Youcertify their sayings. But the text on inheritance to males and females is indeed very straightforward, the anilulation too obvious to see, but still you cling to it, something that is doneby many who blame the Qur0nfor saying this or tht but that if somebody refutes that "this or that" and shows this or that but somethig quite different, get vary angry and cling to the worst interpretaci?n that can be had.

Not that it surprises me.

Salaam

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #574 on: April 21, 2016, 10:36:41 AM »
Are you dealing with rhetorics or joking or did you not read my post or think about my stance, huruf?

I disprove of the interpretation you claim I do. You likely misinterpreted my words.

What surprises you? I have sound arguments, do I not? Point out any logical fallacy please.

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #575 on: April 21, 2016, 10:43:52 AM »
Redundant post.

Recluse

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #576 on: April 21, 2016, 01:43:48 PM »
Redundant post.

?verfl?dig? :!

Just kidding, but I actually recognized the Swedish word you mentioned in another thread without having to look it up;'skurkstat' ...because it sounds very much like Dutch; 'schurkenstaat'. Interesting..

Noon waalqalami

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #577 on: April 21, 2016, 08:24:33 PM »
The problem is not "wrong interpretation", but our own attitude towards this book called Qur'an. And the disadvantage of women is not only related to inheritance of course; women are mere posessions of men according to the Qur'an.. because that was the reality back then. It still is the reality in the Persian Gulf, and in parts of Pakistan, Egypt and many other countries. So when it comes to women, I think we can all agree that Saudis are the best 'Muslims' in this respect..

Women aren't mere possessions of men, off topic spamming thread.
I disagree -- Saudis are most ignorant and clueless about the book.
It is straight forward women are not disadvantaged on inheritance.

4:11 ىوصىكم instructs you الله the god فى in اولادكم offspring yours للذكر to the male (i.e. gender) مثل similitude حظ apportion الانثىىن the two (females)

1/2 two daughters (1/4 each); 1/2 two sons (1/4 each)
1/2 two daughters (1/4 each); 1/2 three sons (1/6 each)

فان so if كن be/are (feminine pl.) نساء nisāan/womenfolk فوق fawqa/above اثنتىن two فلهن so for them ثلثا third dual (1/3 x 2 = 2/3) ما what ترك left

2/3 three daughters (2/9 each); 1/3 two sons (1/6 each)
2/3 three daughters (2/9 each); 1/3 three sons (1/9 each)

2/3 four daughters (1/6 each); 1/3 two sons (1/6 each)
2/3 four daughters (1/6 each); 1/3 three sons (1/9 each)

وان and if كانت kānat/be she واحده one فلها so for her النصف the half

1/2 daughter; 1/2 son
1/2 daughter; 1/2 two sons (1/4 each)
1/2 daughter; 1/2 three sons (1/6 each)

4:176 ىستفتونك seek ruling your قل say الله the god ىفتىكم gives ruling you فى in/concerning الكلاله al-kalala (the sibling heir; no spouse; no child) ان if امرو person هلك perished لىس not is له for said person ولد offspring وله and for said person اخت sister فلها so for her نصف half ما what ترك left وهو and he ىرثها inherits her ان if لم not ىكن that be لها for her ولد offspring

1/2 sister; 1/2 brother
1/2 sister; 1/2 two brothers (1/4 each)
1/2 sister; 1/2 three brothers (1/6 each)

فان so if كانتا kānatā/be dual اثنتىن ith'natayni/two (females) فلهما so to them dual الثلثان the third each (1/3 + 1/3 = 2/3) مما from what ترك left

2/3 two sisters (1/3 each); 1/3 brother
2/3 two sisters (1/3 each); 1/3 two brothers (1/6 each)
2/3 two sisters (1/3 each); 1/3 three brothers (1/9 each)

وان and if كانوا be they of اخوه ikh'watan/siblings رجالا rijālan/menfolk of ونساء wanisāan/and womenfolk (3+ sisters) فللذكر so to the male مثل similitude حظ apportion الانثىىن al-unthayayni/the two (females)

3/5 three sisters (1/5 each); 2/5 two brothers (1/5 each)
3/5 three sisters (1/5 each); 2/5 three brothers (2/15 each)
3/5 three sisters (1/5 each); 2/5 four brothers (1/10 each)

2/3 four sisters (1/6 each); 1/3 two brothers (1/6 each)
2/3 four sisters (1/6 each); 1/3 three brothers (1/9 each)
2/3 four sisters (1/6 each); 1/3 four brothers (1/12 each)

ىبىن shows الله the god لكم for you ان lest تضلوا stray ye of والله and the god بكل in every شىء thing علىم knower

See complete summary...

Also like to ask posters to stay on topic; thread is on inheritance verses according to Qur'an not about self doubt, futility, or opinions on how to divide wealth etc., perhaps open different topic, this thread is long enough already...

Peace

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-1
« Reply #578 on: April 22, 2016, 12:08:21 AM »

And it seems only to deal with fiscal matter as it clumsily partitions a greater deal to males as if money is all that is worth anything.

Yo said that in your mail. Frothat I understand that you are attributing to the Qur'an favouring males over females. But the Qur'an does ot do so, however since the time of he abasids the jurisprudence has twisted the clear an straightforward words of th Qur'an to inject into a it asumptions and conjecctures that are not there, and if you say that the Qur'an favours males then you are doing the same.

If it is not that what you meant, make it clear because Icould not fet any other thing from what you wrote.

Salaam

Recluse

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #579 on: April 22, 2016, 07:51:17 AM »
Yo said that in your mail. Frothat I understand that you are attributing to the Qur'an favouring males over females. But the Qur'an does ot do so, however since the time of he abasids the jurisprudence has twisted the clear an straightforward words of th Qur'an to inject into a it asumptions and conjecctures that are not there, and if you say that the Qur'an favours males then you are doing the same.

If it is not that what you meant, make it clear because Icould not fet any other thing from what you wrote.

Salaam

The Qur'an is most definitely treating females like objects of men... they are to always "obey" their husbands, they can even be beaten, they get less inheritance than men, they are not equal witnesses in court and so on and so forth. Come on Huruf, be honest with yourself. I'm sure God loves honesty, don't you think :)

Peace