Author Topic: The reading of the the verse 2:187 (Siyam / fasting)  (Read 235 times)

jkhan

• Truth Seeker
Re: The reading of the the verse 2:187 (Siyam / fasting)
« Reply #20 on: Today at 05:43:42 PM »
Peace,

We can not consider that part of the verses. God explains, repeats and brings complementary information in each verse, as for salat / zakkat.

Every verse should be considered and cross referenced... That's what I pointed out Maryam and zakaria irrelevant...
Siyam is complete in verses 2:183-187..try to grasp it with further studies... May God bless you

jkhan

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #21 on: Today at 05:48:14 PM »
Focus only on what is said in the verse:

continue / complete  siyam,

what are we doing during siyam : you are devoted in the temples

and do not approach women sexually  while you are devoted in the temples.

nothing to add.

Pls try to understand  that there is no siyam duirng night whatever the meaning You get for siyam... So only siyam during day (nahar)...  So no chance of sex... Just try to get basic when God use 'Uhilla' that is to say Halal for you your own wife during night to approach... Why specify it is halal at night then imagine what is during day... No need to highlight night and say halal... Apply more common sense in that... Then you will grasp...

jkhan

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #22 on: Today at 05:56:13 PM »
Another verse :

7:31    O Children of Adam, dress nicely at every temple, and eat and drink and do not indulge; He does not like the indulgers.
In ancient time, a sanctuary was a most frequent place where people went to undertake religious rituals, sacrifice, prayer, and the giving of votive offerings, making vowes and accomplish them.. Some sanctuaries, additionally, acted as meeting places, trading places, political centres, and so on. ... Many places and things were considered sacred in antiquity.... Further sanctuaries were place of refuge and rest especially in peace.. This was common throughout the world in ancient times... These sanctuaries were part and parcel of yester year people and it was imperative for their life and all regardless of their belief respected sanctuaries and it was not place to fight in general ..
It such a place to visit in tidy dress and a place where you happen to eat and drink abundantly by looking at what is happening there... Even mostly free or paid... Children of Adam means anyone regardless of faith... So all are welcome in sanctuaries of God and eat n drink... As long as they obey and respect the sanctuaries ...

In addition to that... I think I talked about this in my old threads... Order of revelation is perfect for me.. No idea who preserved it... It has to be in any way QURAN is around.. Common sense is that before instructed anything to do the way of doing it must be given.... If God said to fast in an earlier verse then it is meaningless unless people knew when to fast and what to do..  So order of revelation is is key... Chapter 2:183-187 is revealed well before all other fasting occurences revealed... For example.. If God revealed fast consecutive shahrain as punishment then first he should know what is fasting .... So God revealed 2:183-187 then only all siyam... Look below link for order of revelation...

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Chronological_Order_of_the_Qur%27an