Author Topic: Which is your favourite interpretation(into English) of the Quran?  (Read 94 times)

Ervin

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Salam.

I was just wandering which interpretation of the Quran do you like the best? In case you haven’t checked out different interpretations of the Quran into English, I would suggest to do so and than come back and let us know which one, if you wish to do so.

I am not literate in Arabic, I can only speak southern Slavic language spoken by Bosnians, Montenegrins, Croatians and Serbs( which is pretty much one same language) and obviously English. However, from the research that I have done on the time internet it seems that the Monotheist group version on the Quran is so different from other versions that it seems flawed. However, like I said, I don’t know Arabic( apart from some words) so it’s harder for me to work this out.

Thanks
My real name is also Ervin

Mazhar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Which is your favourite interpretation(into English) of the Quran?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 11:55:52 PM »
Salam.

I was just wandering which interpretation of the Quran do you like the best? In case you haven’t checked out different interpretations of the Quran into English, I would suggest to do so and than come back and let us know which one, if you wish to do so.

I am not literate in Arabic, I can only speak southern Slavic language spoken by Bosnians, Montenegrins, Croatians and Serbs( which is pretty much one same language) and obviously English. However, from the research that I have done on the time internet it seems that the Monotheist group version on the Quran is so different from other versions that it seems flawed. However, like I said, I don’t know Arabic( apart from some words) so it’s harder for me to work this out.

Thanks

May be you find all alike.
https://www.islamawakened.com/

Ervin

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Which is your favourite interpretation(into English) of the Quran?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 06:17:30 AM »
Peace Mazhar and thanks.

I had a look at that link and they all say in Fatiha ...Merciful Compassionate, or some other word that means those two. Now, the monotheist group interpretation says Almighty Merciful. How can Compassionate also mean Almighty? Or how come pretty much all of them interpret one way and the monotheist group interprets differently? And it’s not only this word? There are other places where the interpretation just doesn’t make sense to me.

My real name is also Ervin

Layth

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-3
Salam Ervin,

The reason for the difference is because we choose to study the Quran while allowing it to speak for itself.

Most translations are simply a copy of each other - so if one makes a mistake, the rest will most likely repeat the same.

Here is why Alrahman is translated as "Almighty":

https://free-minds.org/al-rahman-al-raheem-most-important-pair
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)