News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

What are your thoughts on the Zabur (Psalms)

Started by 777☆Gnosis☆777, April 12, 2012, 01:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nestor

Quote from: 777☆Gnosis☆777 on April 12, 2012, 01:13:55 AM
Well what are your thoughts :! ?

My favorite chapters of Psalms: 91,23,51,146, and 142

Psalm 91:
1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Zaboor are an important part of AlKitab
يا اهل الكتاب, لا تغلوا في دينكم ولا تقولوا على الثالوث الا الحق. انما المسيح عيسى ابن مريم رسول الثالوث وكلمته القاها الى مريم وروح منه. فامنوا بالثالوث ورسله ولا تقولوا "ثلاثة", انتهوا, خيرا لكم.

Adam The Warner

Beautiful. They are important. We should belief also in the Torah, Psalms and the Gospel.

Most of the people don't belief in them. And there are even some that try to twist the words of the Quran into their own desired interpretation of it.

Tell me, if you say that you follow the Quran: Who are the children of Israel? Who is David? Who is Jacob. etc. All these answers can be found in the Torah/Psalms and Gospel.

Why do you think the Quran is revealed? It's a reflection of the previous scriptures and followers of it?
May He the Hearer grant us victory in the worldy life, and Hes abundance of Light on the Day of Judgement, and may He the King of kings grant us the eternal Paradise. Peace.

Man of Faith

Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

HP_TECH

Quote from: Man of Faith on July 07, 2016, 08:00:38 AM
Do not forget the 10 directives.

In your humble opinions is the Torah solely the 10 directives given to Moses or does include all the 5 books Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy?

Thanks in advance MOF, Nestor, Adam The Warner
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

Man of Faith

The 'Ten Directives' are ten to the number. This was a remedy to evade being affected by Satan. Unfortunately "some people" distorted the two first directives and strengthened the third, but that is another question.

"Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" is not belonging to the directives above but was help on how to judge in this world. This was for balance, for example trade fairly or only have a proportional punishment for a person who does injury to a community. An example is if one man of a neighbor village does slay one of yours you do not go there fully armed and slay their whole village in revenge. To be full of revenge is a common human instinct and we often wish to return the sin seven times. If we follow the ten directives we do not need this phrase as it is already implicit in the directives, and one directive is "do not kill".

The directives are in order to prevent ten instinctive impulses from coming forth in us to prevent us from spiritually develop. They are all related to Satan thus.

One directive says: "Do not steal", but what does it involve? Just thievery or is it to dubiously acquire things? If you obtain any item at the expense of another you fail to uphold the directive.

Another example is "Do not commit adultery", but what is adultery anyway? Just the sex act or does it involve "activation of the related instinct"? Jesus said: "Do not even look at a woman with desire". The actual detrimental (sin) effect is from the activation of your instinct (i.e.. you get sexually aroused) and it will generate "sexual frustration" in you. Even before you copulate you have adulterated in your mind.

"Do not covet your neighbor's things". Any time you feel you like to have what someone else has it is activation of this instinct to have what others have. It will cause us to strive harder sometimes putting aside morality in order to achieve (dubious methods). You might work harder than is sound, concentrate too much on the worldly at the expense of the spiritual. Bingo, you follow the instinct (Satan). You may even forsake your friends and family in some cases. Remember stories in where the children testified: "Our father was never there for us, he just worked".

One has to contemplate on the source or background to the directives and not what they explicitly say. It is the background to such as "do not kill" which is interesting. What drives us to kill and then tackle the root of the problem. Does it not start with a pale face that turns red? It is not the emotions that begin it all? In the real interpretation of Quran Rabb made written "Is it better to contemplate their application or to enforce their strictness...?" (for a large part of chapter two is about the directives totally missing in the sectarian one).

Look at the philosophical background to them and avoid breaking a single one of them, even "do not covet your neighbor's things" which may be one of the hardest directives of them all and what people miss, even if it might seem innocent and not directly harm anyone.

Be well
Amenuel
Website reference: [url="http://iamthatiam.boards.net"]http://iamthatiam.boards.net[/url]

HP_TECH

Wow you didn't even try to answer my question smh

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

Timotheus

Quote from: Man of Faith on July 09, 2016, 03:03:34 AM
The 'Ten Directives' are ten to the number. This was a remedy to evade being affected by Satan. Unfortunately "some people" distorted the two first directives and strengthened the third, but that is another question.

"Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" is not belonging to the directives above but was help on how to judge in this world. This was for balance, for example trade fairly or only have a proportional punishment for a person who does injury to a community. An example is if one man of a neighbor village does slay one of yours you do not go there fully armed and slay their whole village in revenge. To be full of revenge is a common human instinct and we often wish to return the sin seven times. If we follow the ten directives we do not need this phrase as it is already implicit in the directives, and one directive is "do not kill".

The directives are in order to prevent ten instinctive impulses from coming forth in us to prevent us from spiritually develop. They are all related to Satan thus.

One directive says: "Do not steal", but what does it involve? Just thievery or is it to dubiously acquire things? If you obtain any item at the expense of another you fail to uphold the directive.

Another example is "Do not commit adultery", but what is adultery anyway? Just the sex act or does it involve "activation of the related instinct"? Jesus said: "Do not even look at a woman with desire". The actual detrimental (sin) effect is from the activation of your instinct (i.e.. you get sexually aroused) and it will generate "sexual frustration" in you. Even before you copulate you have adulterated in your mind.

"Do not covet your neighbor's things". Any time you feel you like to have what someone else has it is activation of this instinct to have what others have. It will cause us to strive harder sometimes putting aside morality in order to achieve (dubious methods). You might work harder than is sound, concentrate too much on the worldly at the expense of the spiritual. Bingo, you follow the instinct (Satan). You may even forsake your friends and family in some cases. Remember stories in where the children testified: "Our father was never there for us, he just worked".

One has to contemplate on the source or background to the directives and not what they explicitly say. It is the background to such as "do not kill" which is interesting. What drives us to kill and then tackle the root of the problem. Does it not start with a pale face that turns red? It is not the emotions that begin it all? In the real interpretation of Quran Rabb made written "Is it better to contemplate their application or to enforce their strictness...?" (for a large part of chapter two is about the directives totally missing in the sectarian one).

Look at the philosophical background to them and avoid breaking a single one of them, even "do not covet your neighbor's things" which may be one of the hardest directives of them all and what people miss, even if it might seem innocent and not directly harm anyone.

Be well
Amenuel

Peace

in my understanding, of your understanding .. this is messy lol...
you think that the torah/tauwrat is ten directives? correct me if i am wrong..
do theese ten  directives mention the examples given in the quran?

peace
What could i say that is better than what God has already informed us of?
Follow God
Seek His guidance, the only guidance
Glory and Praise be to God, rabbil Aalameen

HP_TECH

Quote from: Man of Faith on July 09, 2016, 03:03:34 AM
What drives us to kill and then tackle the root of the problem. Does it not start with a pale face that turns red? It is not the emotions that begin it all?

Is there room for faces like mine that are not pale and do not turn red in your caucasian world?

Quote from: Timotheus on July 09, 2016, 11:21:12 PM
Peace

in my understanding, of your understanding .. this is messy lol...
you think that the torah/tauwrat is ten directives? correct me if i am wrong..
do theese ten  directives mention the examples given in the quran?

peace

I am trying to figure out what he thinks the torah is as well....
The 10 directives reoccur throughout the Bible but are described primarily in the Old Testament in Exodus chapter 20.
http://biblehub.com/nasb/exodus/20.htm

It's just 10 instructions to the people and if you look at the command of the sabbath and verse 11, we can tell this is a lie the corruptors have forged against Allah.

46:33
50:38

Allah is not jealous and He the Exalted was not tired by the Creation and did not rest.
The errors in the Torah are apparent!

16:24

Allah claims the Sabbath was only for those that transgressed in it. My current understanding is that a people forbade themselves work on the sabbath(whatever it may be 7th day) claiming that Allah also rested on the 7th day(Glory be to Him above what they associate with Him!). So then Allah tested these people by appointing for them the very sabbath which they had invented and commanding them to not transgress in it. Allah tested their hearts for fear of Him. They relentlessly transgressed in this sabbath which they had invented after they witnessed that fish was only present on the sabbath they had invented and when there was no sabbath no fish. Instead of saying "Allah indeed we were wrongdoers in that which we have invented and the evil we associated to you, if not you forgive us certainly we will be among the losers" and then had remained patient your Lord might have forgiven them.

So woe to the fool that upholds the fabricated sabbath, when Allah has revealed the Quran which is clear on who it was prescribed for!!

JavaLatte

Quote from: HP_TECH on July 10, 2016, 02:18:37 AM
Allah is not jealous and He the Exalted was not tired by the Creation and did not rest.

Indeed. I'm glad you understand about those, brother. Praise be to Allah.

QuoteThe errors in the Torah are apparent!

Perhaps because that is not the real Torah.

I think the real Torah supposed to have the same rhythm with the Qur'an.

Peace.
[33:72] Verily, We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they refused to bear it and they were afraid of it; but man bear it - verily, he was transgressing, ignorant.

Timotheus

Peace,

God tells us to trust in his revelations.
God informs us that in the torah is the judgement of God

God did not rest, no he ceased (creating)
Also jelousy is obviously a poor choice of words..

however..

you all do realize that the torah was not written in english right? and certainly not by King James.

when i read the torah, and look into the meaning of the words, i think the truth is there.
It is just misinterpreted.

Same situation with the quran. its not written in english..

both are written in languages that have surely changed alot since they were revealed. But God is sufficient to protect his revelations
What could i say that is better than what God has already informed us of?
Follow God
Seek His guidance, the only guidance
Glory and Praise be to God, rabbil Aalameen