Author Topic: God's Holy Name  (Read 9210 times)

GODsubmitter

• Advanced Truth Seeker
Re: God's Holy Name
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2012, 09:18:29 PM »
And also read and study this!

It is important, I hope it will clarify something:

How Old is the Torah?

http://www.beingjewish.com/mesorah/ageoftorah.html
God has no Religion!

God is running everything.

Peace begins with me.

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2012, 11:39:56 PM »
Salaam,

This may help inshaAllah.

Quote from: mmKhan
Names of Allah

7:180 وَ لِلّٰہِ الۡاَسۡمَآءُ الۡحُسۡنٰی فَادۡعُوۡہُ بِہَا ۪ وَ ذَرُوا الَّذِیۡنَ یُلۡحِدُوۡنَ فِیۡۤ اَسۡمَآئِہٖ ؕ سَیُجۡزَوۡنَ مَا کَانُوۡا یَعۡمَلُوۡنَ
7:180    And to God belong the most beautiful names, so call Him by them; and leave alone those who deviate His names. They will be punished for what they used to do.

For Allah there are beautiful names. For example Rasool has a beautiful name that does not mean  Rasool is a name. Similarly Allah is not the name but Allah simply means God.

Second point in 7:180 is "fad-oohu biHA" HA is used for plural [or feminine], as you may know in Arabic there is singular, then dual, then comes plural. That means Allah has atleast 3 names or more as per 7:180.

5:72 لَقَدۡ کَفَرَ الَّذِیۡنَ قَالُوۡۤا اِنَّ اللّٰہَ ہُوَ الۡمَسِیۡحُ ابۡنُ مَرۡیَمَ ؕ وَ قَالَ الۡمَسِیۡحُ یٰبَنِیۡۤ اِسۡرَآءِیۡلَ اعۡبُدُوا اللّٰہَ رَبِّیۡ وَ رَبَّکُمۡ ؕ اِنَّہٗ مَنۡ یُّشۡرِکۡ بِاللّٰہِ فَقَدۡ حَرَّمَ اللّٰہُ عَلَیۡہِ الۡجَنَّۃَ وَ مَاۡوٰىہُ النَّارُ ؕ وَ مَا لِلظّٰلِمِیۡنَ مِنۡ اَنۡصَارٍ
5:72    Rejecters indeed are those who have said: "Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary." And the Messiah said: "O Children of Israel, serve God, my Lord and your Lord. Whoever sets up partners with God, then God will restrict the Paradise from him, and his destiny will be the Fire; and the wicked will have no supporters."

Please note the word Allah in Arabic text. No one use the word "Allah" for Maseeh [may be Arabs, but it is not only referring to Arabs]. Here you can note that Allah simply means God, it is not the name of Allah. Please check 5:73 also.

17:110 قُلِ ادۡعُوا اللّٰہَ اَوِ ادۡعُوا الرَّحۡمٰنَ ؕ اَیًّامَّا تَدۡعُوۡا فَلَہُ الۡاَسۡمَآءُ الۡحُسۡنٰی ۚ وَ لَا تَجۡہَرۡ بِصَلَاتِکَ وَ لَا تُخَافِتۡ بِہَا وَ ابۡتَغِ بَیۡنَ ذٰلِکَ سَبِیۡلًا
17:110    Say: "Call on Allah or call on AlRahmaan; to whomever you call on to Him are the best names." And do not be too loud in making your contact prayer, nor too quiet; but seek a path in between.

Similar as in 7:180 "to HIM belongs the best names" call Allah or call AlRahmaan, to WHOM you call, HE has the best names. This shows that AlRahmaan is also not the name of Allah.

To understand it better we have to keep in mind 19:65 always

19:65 رَبُّ السَّمٰوٰتِ وَ الۡاَرۡضِ وَ مَا بَیۡنَہُمَا فَاعۡبُدۡہُ وَ اصۡطَبِرۡ لِعِبَادَتِہٖ ؕ ہَلۡ تَعۡلَمُ لَہٗ سَمِیًّا
19:65    "The Lord of the heavens and the earth and what is between them. So serve Him and be patient in His service. Do you know any similar name that He has?"

No one has similar names as Allah has.

59:23 ہُوَ اللّٰہُ الَّذِیۡ لَاۤ اِلٰہَ اِلَّا ہُوَ ۚ اَلۡمَلِکُ الۡقُدُّوۡسُ السَّلٰمُ الۡمُؤۡمِنُ الۡمُہَیۡمِنُ الۡعَزِیۡزُ الۡجَبَّارُ الۡمُتَکَبِّرُ ؕ سُبۡحٰنَ اللّٰہِ عَمَّا یُشۡرِکُوۡنَ
59:23    He is God; there is no other god besides Him. The King, the Holy, the Peace, the Faithful, the Supreme, the Noble, the Powerful, the Dignified. God be glorified; far above what they set up.

Do you think these are the names of Allah?  :nope:  Please note the words "AlMalik" and "Al'Azeez" from the aayat above.

12:50 وَ قَالَ الۡمَلِکُ ائۡتُوۡنِیۡ بِہٖ ۚ فَلَمَّا جَآءَہُ الرَّسُوۡلُ قَالَ ارۡجِعۡ اِلٰی رَبِّکَ فَسۡـَٔلۡہُ مَا بَالُ النِّسۡوَۃِ الّٰتِیۡ قَطَّعۡنَ اَیۡدِیَہُنَّ ؕ اِنَّ رَبِّیۡ بِکَیۡدِہِنَّ عَلِیۡمٌ
12:50    And the king said: "Bring him to me." So when the messenger came to him, he said: "Go back to your lord and ask him what was the matter regarding the women who cut their hands? Indeed, my Lord is aware of their plans."

"AlMalik" is used for others, so it cannot be the name of Allah.

12:51 قَالَ مَا خَطۡبُکُنَّ اِذۡ رَاوَدۡتُّنَّ یُوۡسُفَ عَنۡ نَّفۡسِہٖ ؕ قُلۡنَ حَاشَ لِلّٰہِ مَا عَلِمۡنَا عَلَیۡہِ مِنۡ سُوۡٓءٍ ؕ قَالَتِ امۡرَاَتُ الۡعَزِیۡزِ الۡـٰٔنَ حَصۡحَصَ الۡحَقُّ ۫ اَنَا رَاوَدۡتُّہٗ عَنۡ نَّفۡسِہٖ وَ اِنَّہٗ لَمِنَ الصّٰدِقِیۡنَ
12:51    He said: "What is your plea that you tried to seduce Joseph from himself?" They said: "God be sought! We know of no evil on his part." The wife of the governor said: "Now the truth must be known, I did seek to seduce Joseph from himself and he is of the truthful ones."

"Al'Azeez" is also used for others, so it is also not the name of Allah.

Here comes the BIG question, then which are the names of Allah? And what are they?

59:24 ہُوَ اللّٰہُ الۡخَالِقُ الۡبَارِئُ الۡمُصَوِّرُ لَہُ الۡاَسۡمَآءُ الۡحُسۡنٰی ؕ یُسَبِّحُ لَہٗ مَا فِی السَّمٰوٰتِ وَ الۡاَرۡضِ ۚ وَ ہُوَ الۡعَزِیۡزُ الۡحَکِیۡمُ
59:24    He is God; the Creator, the Initiator, the Designer. To Him belong the most beautiful names. Glorifying Him is everything in the heavens and the earth. He is the Noble, the Wise.

He is Allah, WHO? "AlKhaliq", "AlBaari", "AlMusawwir", what are these words? These are the names of Allah, for HIM belongs the most beautiful names that no one else has.

Please note "lahu [for him is 'singular']" in the above aayat.

May Allah increase us in knowledge and guide us to His true path  :pr
mmKhan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51

GODsubmitter

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2012, 11:22:55 AM »
God has no Religion!

Peace begins with me.

Deacondave

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2012, 09:37:50 PM »
Dude, do even the enlightened Muslims know nothing about Jews? A Sanhedrin that executed one person every 50 years was considered a barbaric court among in Jewish tradition.

GODsubmitter

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2012, 10:48:29 AM »
Dude, do even the enlightened Muslims know nothing about Jews? A Sanhedrin that executed one person every 50 years was considered a barbaric court among in Jewish tradition.

Exactly!

... and law processes used to last for weeks to find ways to absolve people because Rabbis did not want to condemn anyone since God is the only judge who might condemn...     ;)
 :peace:
God has no Religion!

Peace begins with me.

boricuaboi85

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2012, 09:00:41 PM »
Many people Don't know that God Almighty has a personal Name!
Allah is not the personal "name" of God, it is simply a name of God.

The personal name of God is the tetragrammation YHWH), which is said to be lost in pronounciation, and is not pronounced by most modern day Jews (as not to take his name in "vain")
However there is a poetic form of it which is simply YH, pronounced YAH,(Psalm 68:4) as in Hallelu-Yah (praise God), Zakariah (God remmemberd), Elijah/Eliyas (My God is Yah) Eliyash3 (God is salvation)
Throughout the bible, God tells us to sanctify/Extol/bless his name. He tells us to sing praises to hi name!
" Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Extol Him who rides on the clouds, By His name YAH, And rejoice before Him. (Psalms 68:4 nkjv)

I think the modern day "prohibition" for not saying God's name, is illogical! Not saying God's name at all is taking his name in vain! If God gives you a letter of his name, would you not praise that letter?
Thus i would think that praising God's name, even if wrongly pronounced, is not taking his name in vain.

The most common prononciations are "Yahweh" and "Jehovah" (e.g Jehovah witnesses)
I personally think at the moment that "Yahuwah is a better prononciation, because the Y-H-W is probably pronounced as Yahu, (as in the prophetic name "EliYahu" (My God is Yah).
Thus the only letter's prononciation in question is the Het at the end. My thinking again still resides with "Yahuwah" as the prononciation.

Hallelu-Yah!

I think another reason that many modern Jews do not pronounce YHWH is because the vowel marking are lost and they cannot say it.  All we know is that the word was a play on words of being Such as "Ehyeh, Hoveh, and Hayah"  which are all forms of  "To Be."  One Rabbi, Rabbi Arthur Green that says that this name represented God's name as "I am-was-will be."  Which gets a bit unwieldly in conversation.  However, according to the Torah, when Moses asked God's name, God replied, "Ehyeh-asher-Ehyeh" which mean "I will be what I will be."  I find this very interesting and I think it says, if a true accounting of the interaction between Moses and God, a lot about Deity.
To God belong the East and the West. Wherever you turn the glory of God is everywhere: All-pervading is He and all-knowing. (Al-Baqara 2:115)