News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

So what does salat=meeting actually look like?

Started by dawngorgeous, January 26, 2012, 04:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawngorgeous

@all the Salat=assembly, meeeting  purveyors, please would you take it one step further and explain how salat would then look in our everyday lives.  How would we for example, fit in three meetings per day, especially as one would be very early in the morning.
Peace,
Dawn,

Kaiokenred

Salat doesn't mean assembly. It doesn't mean prayer either. And are you really believing ALL the verses in Quran as they're translated? The current  Quran we all read is definitely corrupted, that's an irrefutable fact. You have to get the oldest Quran writings and you'll see it's quite different from the books published nowadays. Those times you mentioned don't mean like do this in " certain time " but it's be *translation of Salat * from dawn to afternoon or similar to that.
?Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.? - Buddha

dawngorgeous

Peace Kaikenred,

I see what you mean.  So how does one get hold of the oldest Koran writings?  And more to the point, if these are available and more accurate than those we currently use, why have they not been made available?

Dawn.

Kaiokenred

Quote from: dawngorgeous on January 26, 2012, 09:34:43 AM
Peace Kaikenred,

I see what you mean.  So how does one get hold of the oldest Koran writings?  And more to the point, if these are available and more accurate than those we currently use, why have they not been made available?

Dawn.

Oldest Quran writings are saved in museums I think. People think that using the new ones is the same that's why they don't care and probably we can't access the old ones. As to why they have not been made available? Imams, Ulamas and these kind of leaders want to rule as much as they can even if it's just a little, that's why they were the ones  who likely changed it and almost everyone is convinced the new ones are good and you don't have to look at the oldest copy. That's just a theory so I dunno but I'd greatly rely on my intelligence on learning the truth rather then just accepting everything it's written.
?Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.? - Buddha

dawngorgeous

Peace Icelostnowfound,

Thank you for the links.  I will get reading.  @Kaiokenred, believe me I am using my intelligence and reading, reading, reading.  It's like a major mystery.  Somehow though, I suspect the answer is right under my nose.  I am currently not bowing and prostrating because I feel there is more to salat than this - that salat is all part of putting the Koran into practice, just not clear how.

Peace.

Kaiokenred

http://mentalbondageinthenameofgod.wordpress.com/
http://servantofthelight.com/

Read these two sites. There's a lot of good stuff in here. Yep some things and definitions are different but I find them a lot more reasonable than any ritual people claim is a part of Islam.

dawngorgeous

Peace Kaiokenred,

I shall get reading.  Thanks for that.

Dawn.

GODsubmitter

Thank you 1CELOSTNOWFOUND for the links and your studies in PDF!   :bravo:

May Allah reward you for your efforts!  :sun:

Peace
God has no Religion!

God is running everything.

Peace begins with me.