News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Coping without Salat

Started by dawngorgeous, January 17, 2012, 02:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMOP

Quote from: Kaiokenred on January 18, 2012, 04:42:19 PM
Why would you need to connect with Allah who's closer than your jugular vein? :confused:

Have you ever meditated?

There are degrees of clarity to the mind. Even as God is closer than your own heart and veins, the atheist experiences total disconnection. The opposite is the experience of samadhi: total absorption in the love for God.

And the difference between these two states is colossal. If you don't meditate, don't knock it. Without an understanding of what you are talking about, you can only babble. These are states of ecstatic bliss that are attainable by any who will to attain them. You see no benefit to being in a 24/7 state of serene bliss? That's the result of focused meditation and self-purification.

Cortical thickness improvements in meditators

Or more in your face:

This guy did not bat an eyelid.

:peace:
As you fall asleep and wake up to a new day
So shall you enter your grave and arise to the last

"Now no person knows what delights of the eye are kept hidden for them - as a reward for their deeds" (32:17)

Kaiokenred

Quote from: IAMOP on January 19, 2012, 11:02:57 AM
Have you ever meditated?

There are degrees of clarity to the mind. Even as God is closer than your own heart and veins, the atheist experiences total disconnection. The opposite is the experience of samadhi: total absorption in the love for God.

And the difference between these two states is colossal. If you don't meditate, don't knock it. Without an understanding of what you are talking about, you can only babble.

:peace:

Meditating isn't connecting to Allah imo. I think that by fasting in the Ramadhan and meditating ( just like Muhammad who did so ) you can enter your subconsciousness for a while and know the truth.
?Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.? - Buddha

dawngorgeous

Peace JLM,

I think my point is that we either believe Salat is prayer or assembley.  I believe it is assembley, but how on earth do we assemble three times a day everyday, and what do we talk about?  It is at this point that I think, I do believe Salat is assembley, but it seems there is something missing from the equation.  I will keep reading (the Koran) and pondering.

Peace.

Kaiokenred

Quote from: dawngorgeous on January 19, 2012, 04:42:39 PM
Peace JLM,

I think my point is that we either believe Salat is prayer or assembley.  I believe it is assembley, but how on earth do we assemble three times a day everyday, and what do we talk about?  It is at this point that I think, I do believe Salat is assembley, but it seems there is something missing from the equation.  I will keep reading (the Koran) and pondering.

Peace.

But those aren't the only 2 definitions ffs. Do you need some fucking glasses or something?                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
?Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.? - Buddha

dawngorgeous

Kaiokenred,

Two words spring to mind:  Anger Management.

Kaiokenred

Quote from: dawngorgeous on January 20, 2012, 07:12:47 AM
Kaiokenred,

Two words spring to mind:  Anger Management.

Four words spring to mind: Stop Whining Like a Bitch.

MaverickMonotheist

Quote from: Kaiokenred on January 20, 2012, 07:17:19 AM

Four words spring to mind: Stop Whining Like a Bitch.

Lol, dude.  That's five words.

dawngorgeous

Kaikenred,

Can you show me where you have made a valid contribution to this discussion.  I think your current behaviour on these boards warrants a little peep in the Koran to get a bit of guidance on how to behave and conduct yourself.  If you are willing to behave like a decent human being I will be willing to talk to you, but while you are behaving like the devil's messenger, then please decline from addressing me.  I will now ignore anything you write unless of course you give me an indication that you are prepared to be reasonable.

Dawn.

Kaiokenred

Quote from: MaverickMonotheist on January 20, 2012, 08:17:40 AM
Lol, dude.  That's five words.

Nope, a and bitch counts as one, imo. Not sure, english isn't my native language.

Kaiokenred

Quote from: dawngorgeous on January 20, 2012, 08:33:28 AM
Kaikenred,

Can you show me where you have made a valid contribution to this discussion.  I think your current behaviour on these boards warrants a little peep in the Koran to get a bit of guidance on how to behave and conduct yourself.  If you are willing to behave like a decent human being I will be willing to talk to you, but while you are behaving like the devil's messenger, then please decline from addressing me.  I will now ignore anything you write unless of course you give me an indication that you are prepared to be reasonable.

Dawn.