Author Topic: Would you like to marry a hadither?  (Read 11995 times)

Nazzam

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Would you like to marry a hadither?
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2013, 04:06:41 AM »
The Hadith appear as contradictory to those who don't take the time to study them and their context. For example, anyone can say that even the Quran contradicts itself:

1.) "Verily! You (O Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam) guide not whom you like, but All?h guides whom He wills. And He knows best those who are the guided." (Al-Qasas 28:56)

"Not upon you (Muhammad ) is their guidance, but All?h guides whom He wills."(Al-Baqarah 2:272)

-vs-

2.) It is He Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam) with guidance and the religion of truth (Isl?m), to make it superior over all religions even though the Mushrik?n (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of All?h) hate (it). (At-Tawbah 9:33)

وَإِنَّكَ لَتَهْدِي إِلَىٰ صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ{And verily, you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) are indeed guiding (mankind) to the Straight Path (i.e. Allah's religion of Islamic Monotheism).}

I dont see any contradiction there :)

But you as a sunni do, which says enough. You are blaspheming, but thats your freedom of coarse.

Futheron, your lack of English and logics, is astonishing.

Guidance is from God. How can the prophet guide? By proclaiming that which has been sent to the prophet with guidance :)

You see? No hadith, nothing.

Whatever, I am out of here  :jedi:

Scrappy-doo

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2017, 04:30:29 PM »
Peace diamantinehoneybunch,

I was stating an overall approach to life, not in the case of a person looking for a soul-mate.
I agree with you that one should marry the person that most likely resembles themselves.
like with like, kind with kind.  When I got married we were both sunni, but at heart we are
both seekers.  In your quest, keep your list of qualities you prefer, and stick with them after
due consultation with others who's judgement you trust.  I would say that a spouse is 60%
of your happiness, therefore don't look for somebody to change but look for that special
person who is a fit.  Finally, put God first, ask God for his help, then relax and be patient.

How about the story of Moses and how he got married

[28:23] When he reached Midyan's water, he found a crowd of people watering, and
noticed two women waiting on the side. He said, "What is it that you need?" They said,
"We are not able to water, until the crowd disperses, and our father is an old man."

[28:24] He watered for them, then turned to the shade, saying, "My Lord, whatever
provision You send to me, I am in dire need for it."

[28:25] Soon, one of the two women approached him, shyly, and said, "My father
invites you to pay you for watering for us." When he met him, and told him his story,
he said, "Have no fear. You have been saved from the oppressive people."

Moses Marries

[28:26] One of the two women said, "O my father, hire him. He is the best one to hire,
for he is strong and honest."

[28:27] He said, "I wish to offer one of my two daughters for you to marry, in return
for working for me for eight pilgrimages; if you make them ten, it will be voluntary on
your part. I do not wish to make this matter too difficult for you. You will find me, GOD
willing, righteous."

[28:28] He said, "It is an agreement between me and you. Whichever period I fulfill,
you will not be averse to either one. GOD is the guarantor of what we said."

May God grant you your wishes

:peace:

Peace and Greetings! lol
Owl, who is wise!  :jedi:  ;D
Non illigitimus carborundum

Sania Haque

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2020, 08:28:22 AM »
I dont know. Although my family is a sunni, they were never the one to keep up with sectarian practice. My father hasn't prayed in 20 years except for ramadan. My mom is the only one in on our household who was able to continue salat without missing it. Now she is suffering from so many illness that it's hard for her to keep up with it. I think my father can be considered a submitter if we take his misogynist ideas out of the equations. He has never been the one to follow those stupid hadiths ( except for sexist ones of course ) he believes that we can only be gain the highest level of jannah by being righteous and just. He doesn't believe that muslims are superior than jews and Christian. His focuses more on correcting your character than praying 5 times a day and believes kindness and righteous is the only way to jannah. I just wish he wasn't a misogynist. He believes that women are given the role to serve their husbands only, women literally have to take permission from their husbands to breathe... Blah blah blah. Although he doesn't practice it on mom and me, he thinks nowadays relationships are not surviving Because women are trying to swap their roles. He is a typical conservative who is more influenced by our outdated culture than the hadiths. So my dad  claims to be sunni, is a hadithmonger ( to some extent ) and still he is doing pretty good as a husband. Would I marry a hadithmonger ? It depends really. Not all hadithers are conservative. Many hardly follow the hadiths. I would be fine marrying someone like my dad ( minus the misogynist thinking or else it's a big no )