Author Topic: Salat - only two times mentioned in the Quran  (Read 18685 times)

GODsubmitter

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Salat - only two times mentioned in the Quran
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 09:15:21 AM »
Very interesting point Lachini.
What is it, according to you, then, a format for the prayer and the salat, instead of traditional 5 times ritualistic Muslim prayer worship?
Thank you
God has no Religion!

God is running everything.

Peace begins with me.

Lachini

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 07:01:42 AM »
Salaam

Dear Godsubmitter

Upon your request I studied the subject from different sources and I came to the conclusion that redsulphur 1229 is right but he mistranslates some of the Quranic verses or quotes them from the  mistranslated sources.

For instance :

وَ أَقِمِ الصَّلاةَ طَرَفَيِ النَّهار : Establish worship at the two ends of the day

If the two ends of the day were the case , then طرفین must have been used. طرفین is a dual plural in Arabic meaning two ends or two edges but طَرَفَيِ means only one end and in this case one end of the day.

Surely my conclusion may be wrong and therefore I need your and the other friends' help and guidance.

May God bless you. 

progressive1993

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 06:45:22 PM »
Peace,

Salam,

The easiest pitfall of 11:114 is to "assume" that the day only has 2 parts (thus we end up looking at dusk & dawn - and since "near night" is dusk, we assume the verse is simply being repeptitive).

The day has at least 3 parts (see 20:130) - which means that 11:114 is refering to the "first 2 parts" (dawn & noon) while the last part os refering to the 3rd Salat "dusk" which is near the night.

Taraf = extremity/edge, so it definitely refers to sunset and sunrise, but the parts that are in proximity/closeness to the night - dawn and dusk.
10:41 If they deny you, say: "My works are for me, and your works are for you. You are innocent of what I do, and I am innocent of what you do."

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 04:30:23 AM »
salaam/peace all,

Taraf = extremity/edge, so it definitely refers to sunset and sunrise, but the parts that are in proximity/closeness to the night - dawn and dusk.

Isn't it amazing people dont realise that when it says adjacent/proximal/near, they dont ask, "near to what?". If they did ask this simple question, all would become clear.

Quran clearly implies a minimum of two daily salat for the mumineen/believers. Only two are named in it. There is a reasonable example of two daily in Quran itself, and in early Islamic history, they clearly show it was two. Seems convincing to me.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 12:45:43 PM »
Do you think the number of prayer per day is the most important?

How come everyone is still discussing it if it was that clear?

What about the ones who want to pray more than 2,3,5 ....:

6:52″ Do not dismiss those who implore(pray to) their Lord day and night, (Asking their creator to help them decide in this life!) devoting themselves to HIM ALONE.( They are not wasting your time!) You are not responsible for their reckoning, nor are they responsible for your reckoning.( It is their own time!) If you dismiss them, ( You are being unfair!) you will be a transgressor.?

I agree with one thing, that you should ponder the word of GOD to check for yourself, after all:

27:84″ When they arrive, HE ( GOD-your creator-) will say:? You have rejected my revelations before acquiring knowledge about them. Is this not what you did?? ?

Has GOD left it up to us?
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

nurmuhammed

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 10:26:11 AM »

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 10:48:38 AM »
I am asking you to acquire knowledge about the revelations of your lord! ( 27:84)

I am not asking you to do any "ritual".
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

Mr.Q

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 11:45:24 AM »
Has GOD left it up to us?
Peace.

Of course He has!  ;)  He has left it up to us to use our reason and intellect to the best of our ability and to follow and apply the Quran in our lives to the best of our ability and understanding, with sincerity.

I think that is a big part of our Test - to follow others without knowledge or understanding or to follow only that with which we have a reasonable understanding of for ourselves. If that is only twice? Then do that. If you find 3 times, then do that and if you find 5 then do that too and put your trust in God and always be willing to listen to other points of view and understandings to keep learning.

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2012, 11:14:24 PM »
Of course He has!  ;)  He has left it up to us to use our reason and intellect to the best of our ability and to follow and apply the Quran in our lives to the best of our ability and understanding, with sincerity.

I think that is a big part of our Test - to follow others without knowledge or understanding or to follow only that with which we have a reasonable understanding of for ourselves. If that is only twice? Then do that. If you find 3 times, then do that and if you find 5 then do that too and put your trust in God and always be willing to listen to other points of view and understandings to keep learning.

Salaam all,

I agree to each and everything what Q wrote... oops! I mean what Mr. Q wrote.  :)

May Allah guide us all to His true path  :pr
mmKhan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51

mirjamnur

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2012, 07:57:10 AM »

i like it so much :) thanks for your wise words