Author Topic: Language to use during Salat?  (Read 2551 times)

Mr.Q

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Language to use during Salat?
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 09:25:43 AM »
I'm having a similar problem at the moment, trying to figure out what to pray during my salaah and how to pray it.

Just remember it's not the form that is most important. What really matters the most is to be reverent, humble and sincere in our remembrance of Him.

God willing you will find your way in this. Keep studying, examine all the words and views on it, and follow the best according to your reasoned understandings.

I mostly kneel during mine and recite sura 1 followed by prostrating and then pray to God using some relevant verses of Quran for what is going on in my life and to give thanks for the things and events in my life.

youssef4342

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 10:24:35 AM »
I'm pretty sure that Zakarriyah was not doing his salat in Arabic  3:39

Why language is irrelevant!
http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9603266.0
Facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/310518545650653/

"Fear not those who can kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear the one who can destroy both the soul and the body in hell." (Matthew 10:28)

Eli?abide

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 06:26:08 AM »
I'm not so sure about the irrelevance of language. Language makes up our mind, or at least has an strong influence on it. Unfortunately, meanings and concepts change, no matter if words are preserved. And on account of it, I'm afraid we can't be sure about what undertestood Muhammad while hearing, for instance, the word "qalam" or "hajj". Sometimes, I wonder if I should "pray" in silence, triying to beg pardon for my sins, to thank God's mercy and to clean my soul.
Nevertheles, I pray in Spanish, but I'm learning arabic -thought I'm pretty sure I'll never ever be fluent!!
Peace

KDC501

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 07:53:39 AM »
Language is irrelevant when it comes to praying. If you are a sincere monotheist and you put your faith in God and God alone, he will hear and accept you prays.

Peace,

Kevin

Eli?abide

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 11:02:51 AM »
Nice answer, indeed. I agree intention ist the key.