News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Can we pray for our christian friends?

Started by Ervin, November 16, 2011, 05:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jafar

Quote from: Bigmo on November 28, 2011, 03:13:26 AM
The problem with many new Koranist who come from a Sunni/Shia background is that they still have many aspects of sectarian Islam in them. They don't understand that it takes some time before the Sunni/Shia influence fades from them. They talk in many ways just like a salafi does. They come from a background where kufr, haram and shirk are used generously and they assume that the Koran sees it that way when in reality it does not.

Yup.. 100% agree...

Little they realize that:
1. islam is not a religion or sect
2. moslem is attainable through virtues & deeds and not through membership of certain religion or sect.
3. there are moslems nearly within every religion or sect.

Salam / Peace

Iznagen

Quote from: Bigmo on November 28, 2011, 03:13:26 AM
The problem with many new Koranist who come from a Sunni/Shia background is that they still have many aspects of sectarian Islam in them. They don't understand that it takes some time before the Sunni/Shia influence fades from them. They talk in many ways just like a salafi does. They come from a background where kufr, haram and shirk are used generously and they assume that the Koran sees it that way when in reality it does not.

The problem with many Muslims (if you would have read the Quran, you'd understand that it is what Allah has called us) is that they prejudge with no knowledge whatsoever (ex: you and Jafar). You are very wrong in what you have said anyway. It does not matter, we will both fully be judged and we will see who used to invent and lie.
(6:116) And if you obey the majority of those on the earth they will lead you away from the path of God; that is because they follow only conjecture, and that is because they only guess.

ggg

Quote from: Ervin on November 16, 2011, 05:17:14 AMCan we pray for our christian friends?

You can surely pray to Allah for everybody so that Allah would guide him/her.

but the BIG problem is, that you can not take christians as friends  :D

5:51 O you who believe, do not take certain Jews and Christians as friends; these are friends of one another. Those among you who ally themselves with these belong with them. GOD does not guide the transgressors.

worse is, catholics are not only disbelievers of the people of book, but also mushriks since they associate Messiah to Allah

9:31 They have set up their religious leaders and scholars as lords, instead of GOD. Others deified the Messiah, son of Mary. They were all commanded to worship only one god. There is no god except He. Be He glorified, high above having any partners.

therefore they are  simply shit acc. to Quran

9:28 O you who acknowledge, those who have set up partners are impure, so let them not approach the Restricted Temple after this calendar year of theirs. If you fear poverty, then God will enrich you from His blessings if He wills. God is Knowledgeable, Wise.

If you are a true follower of Quran and not a follower of fake messengers such as RK and sahabas like EY (the American kurd) think on the above words of Allah.

peace

Abdul-Hadi

Greetings and Peace, all  :group:

My comments in purple, AQ quotes in red.

Quote from: ggg on November 28, 2011, 05:49:47 PM
You can surely pray to Allah for everybody so that Allah would guide him/her.

but the BIG problem is, that you can not take christians as friends  :D

5:51 O you who believe, do not take certain Jews and Christians as friends; these are friends of one another. Those among you who ally themselves with these belong with them. GOD does not guide the transgressors.

5:51  O you who believe, do not take the Jews and the Nazarenes as allies [awliyāa], for they are allies to one another; and whoever takes them as such from among you is one of them. GOD does not guide the wicked people.

Khalīlan means friend, and is found in 4:125, 17:73, 25:28, and 43:67. There is a vast difference between friend and ally. There is no prohibition against having friends of different faiths. Remember, where no prohibition exists:

7:32 Say: "Who has made unlawful the nice things that GOD has brought forth for His servants and the good provisions?" Say: "They are meant for those who believe during this worldly life, and they will be exclusive for them on the Day of Resurrection." It is such that We explain the revelations for those who know.

5:87 O you who believe, do not make unlawful the good things that GOD has made lawful to you, and do not aggress; GOD does not love the aggressors.

Further, we are instructed to invite to the deen. It is difficult to invite if separated from those needing invitations.

41:33 And who is better in saying than he who invites to GOD, and does good works, and says: "I am one of those who have submitted."

The label of religion doesn't matter. There are multitudes of monotheistic Christians--and many other faiths as well.

3:67 Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Nazarene, but he was a monotheist who submitted; he was not of the polytheists.

worse is, catholics are not only disbelievers of the people of book, but also mushriks since they associate Messiah to Allah

Not all Christians are Catholic. Even those nominally within the fold of Catholocism may privately hold different beliefs. We are not the judge of any--and with strangers, our opinions matter even less. We should attempt to master ourselves and, ISA, invite others.

9:31 They have set up their religious leaders and scholars as lords, instead of GOD. Others deified the Messiah, son of Mary. They were all commanded to worship only one god. There is no god except He. Be He glorified, high above having any partners.

therefore they are  simply shit acc. to Quran

I do not find this in AQ. What I find is this:

2:62 Surely those who believe; and those who are Jewish, and the Nazarenes, and the Sabians, whoever of them believes in GOD and the Last Day and does good works; they will have their recompense with their Lord, and there is no fear upon them, nor will they grieve.

6:108 And do not insult those who call on other than GOD, lest they insult GOD out of ignorance. And We have similarly adorned for every nation their works; then to their Lord is their return and He will inform them of what they had done.

42:13 He has decreed for you the same system He ordained for Noah, and what We inspired to you, and what We ordained for Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: You shall uphold this system, and do not divide in it. Intolerable for the polytheists is what you invite them towards. GOD chooses for Himself whoever He wills; He guides to Himself those who repent.

Do you see? Those who follow the teachings of Jesus (peace upon all prophets) or any other prophet is guided. There are many people in many different "religions" who follow teachings without taking partners beside ALLAH. ALLAH knows best who submits to ALLAH.

9:28 O you who acknowledge, those who have set up partners are impure, so let them not approach the Restricted Temple after this calendar year of theirs. If you fear poverty, then God will enrich you from His blessings if He wills. God is Knowledgeable, Wise.

7:157 "Those who follow the Gentile messenger prophet whom they find written for them in the Torah and the Gospel; he orders them to kindness, and prohibits them from vice, and he makes lawful for them the good things, and he makes unlawful for them the evil things, and he removes their burden and the shackles that are upon them. So those who believe in him, and support him, and help him persevere, and follow the light that was sent down with him; these are the successful ones."

If you are a true follower of Quran and not a follower of fake messengers such as RK and sahabas like EY (the American kurd) think on the above words of Allah.

peace

I've recently found out that my brother rejects trinity and does not take any partners besides ALLAH.  :) I believe in the COMPLETE instructions of ALLAH. Much mischief occurs due to taking things out of context.

May ALLAH see fit to guide all seekers. ALLAH knows best.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord make his face to shine upon you,
and be gracious to you.
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
and give you peace.

:peace:

~Abdul-Hadi

Ervin

Peace. Well said Bigmo and Abdul Hadi. Your understandings are more in line with my understanding of the Quran. However sometimes i have to ask and if helps a lot when you can get someone who speaks Arabic and who is willing to say it as it is.

I would alo ask everyone to check out the thread that i posted earlier. The thread is How do we know who are those that God had condemned. Again Arabic speaking brkthers and sisters maybe have an answer.

Thanks
My real name is also Ervin

Paradox Uncreated

And if Allah guided someone, because you prayed, would you fall flat on your face? I am not saying that it is impossible, but like the story of noah, don`t be like the ignorant.  So are you supposed to pray all the time for the people of the earth? Ofcourse the angels in heaven pray for those in the earth, but I don`t think that is ritual prayer, more like hope.
Ritual prayer for everyone is not your duty. Prayer serves to be conscious of one God. Monotheistic awareness. The quran says "those who pray and purify themselves". Indeed if you take in the words of prayer, you start a process of purification, and monotheistic awareness. Once you are there, and are correcly aware, you can ask yourself if prayer for others, is something you`d do in that state of mind.

Peace.
Paradox Void is the infinitely superior.

Paradox Void is an attribute of God, or any other entity it should point to, which is the same entity.
Designer of all dimensions. Former of forms, shaper of shapes. According to truth.
Peace.

Jafar

Quote from: ggg on November 28, 2011, 05:49:47 PM
9:31 They have set up their religious leaders and scholars as lords, instead of GOD.

This description fit perfectly with the common sunnis/salafis/wahhabis/shiites and any other sectarians isn't it? (e.g. catholics, orthodox, rabbanic judaism etc..)

Nonetheless.. I continue my good friendship and relations with them.... and send greetings, wishes and pray for them too..

As it's incorrect to fight sectarian behavior with another sectarian behavior....

Salam / Peace

Bigmo

Quote from: Ervin on November 28, 2011, 07:39:36 PM
Peace. Well said Bigmo and Abdul Hadi. Your understandings are more in line with my understanding of the Quran. However sometimes i have to ask and if helps a lot when you can get someone who speaks Arabic and who is willing to say it as it is.

I would alo ask everyone to check out the thread that i posted earlier. The thread is How do we know who are those that God had condemned. Again Arabic speaking brkthers and sisters maybe have an answer.

Thanks

Right. The way the Koran understands Iman and kufr is not the same way as most Muslims or Jews or Christians do. This is because the Koran does not seperate between the prophets. So to say a person is Jewish if his mother is Jewish is not old Testament talk. This is Rabbinic talk. To say that only through Jesus is their salvation is not Gospel talk, but Trinitarian talk. To say a believer is one who believes in the 5 pillars of Islam is not Koranic talk, but sectarian Islam talk.
88:21 22; And so, exhort them your task is only to exhort; you cannot compel them to believe

IAMOP

Quote from: Bigmo on November 29, 2011, 09:49:18 AM
Right. The way the Koran understands Iman and kufr is not the same way as most Muslims or Jews or Christians do. This is because the Koran does not seperate between the prophets. So to say a person is Jewish if his mother is Jewish is not old Testament talk. This is Rabbinic talk. To say that only through Jesus is their salvation is not Gospel talk, but Trinitarian talk. To say a believer is one who believes in the 5 pillars of Islam is not Koranic talk, but sectarian Islam talk.

Exactly!

There are THREE groups in mankind, NOT the illusory 300000000000 zillion different sectarian divisions:

1 - The foremost: Those exclusive in seeking truth & good deeds
1 - The companions of the right hand: Following the foremost and seeking truth and doing good deeds but in a more passive fashion
0 - Companions of the left hand: No comment!

So basically a person is a 1 or a 0. And they can be an active or a passive 1, but as for 0s there is no distinction, it doesn't matter: injustice is injustice.
A person can go between these categories whenever they please but there are specific rules. Once you are a companion of the left hand twice there is no turning back (3:90 amongst others).
Peace
As you fall asleep and wake up to a new day
So shall you enter your grave and arise to the last

"Now no person knows what delights of the eye are kept hidden for them - as a reward for their deeds" (32:17)

Ervin

Peace. I understand that it says not to take Christians as alies and not to be friends with disbelievers but  then in 60:8 says that its ok but only if they are not fighting against you.

60:8  Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.

Now all the professionals I am dealing with, who can and want to help me with things are not Muslims. What if for instance  you need to go to court and there are  no Muslim solicitors, should you represent your self even if youdont  have any clue about how to do it. Should you just go to fourth, represent your self and put faith in God?
I mean does not verse 60:8 meant that if they don't fight you then you can take them ad allies?

Thanks

My real name is also Ervin