News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

"Eve was created because Adam had needs," Islamic Sex manual faces ban in Malays

Started by WhereIsTheTruth, November 07, 2011, 06:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhereIsTheTruth

A controversial manual by the head of an Islamic sect that teaches wives obedient and submissive sex faces a ban from the Malaysian government, with those in possession paying a hefty price for it.
The 115-page "Islamic Sex," written by the founder of the Obedient Wives Club, contains passages on how couples should physically and spiritually approach sex.

UK's The Guardian quoted a spokesman for the home ministry as saying the government's Islamic affairs department has recommended a ban after studying the manual, on grounds that it may confuse Malaysian Muslims about what constitutes acceptable religious teaching.

People caught in possession of the book could be fined up to 5,000 ringgit (P68,877), while anyone who makes copies for sale could be imprisoned for three years and fined 20,000 ringgit (P275,509).

The book claims most women only satisfy 10 percent of their husbands' sexual needs.

Club leaders, who believe a wife should serve as a "good sex worker" and a "whore" to her husband, showed the book to journalists last month to dispel misconceptions that it was obscene and demeaning to women.

They said the book, which contains no explicit photographs, was intended to be a spiritual guide read exclusively by club members to help them better understand sex.

But many Malaysians denounced the club, which they said makes a mockery of modern gender roles in a country where women hold prominent posts in government and the private sector.

The Guardian said the club is believed to have at least 800 members in Malaysia and has branches in Indonesia, Singapore, Jordan and Britain.

Many members are in polygamous marriages, insisting the practice helps husbands to avoid committing adultery.

Eve for Adam

Rohaya Mohamad, 46, the club's international vice-president - and a mother of eight, claimed Eve was created "because Adam had needs."

"Men have [sexual] needs which they can't control. And if the needs are not fulfilled, men will find another woman. God created them like that," she said in an interview with Malaysia's The Star.

She said one reason the club was started was because not all women are trained to be good in bed.

"We want to teach them how to perform better than a first-class prostitute," she said.

?You ask him first what he likes, then you ask yourself what you like. You can?t have two heads in the house," she added.

Darlan Zaini, co-founder of the Singapore club, added that in Islam, "if the husband wants sex and the wife is not in the mood, she has to give in to him. If not, the angels will curse her. This is not good for the family."

Rohaya is a high-flying businesswoman with Global Ikhwan Sdn Bhd, a multi-million-ringgit company with businesses in Australia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and Europe.

She studied medicine at the University of Wales in Cardiff. She is the third wife of Mohamad Ikram Ashaari, 45, son of the late Al-Arqam founder Ashaari Mohamad.

Obedient Husbands Club?

When asked about starting an Obedient Husbands Club, Rohaya said she would ask her husband.

?I will ask my husband if he wants to start one," she said.

http://www.webcitation.org/query?url=http://www.gmanews.tv/story/237616/odds-and-ends/islamic-sex-manual-faces-ban-in-malaysia&date=2011-11-06

Should this book be banned according to you?
Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it

My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to God, Lord of the worlds.

Student of Allah

Shalom,

WOW !!!!!!! I am more than convinced that EVOLUTION is the answer to where we come from. Hell is justified, only the best of creation gets to stay in paradise, not the rest of the primates. Anyways, I don't believe in banning books. Truth stands out clear from error.

PEACE
------------------ Student of Allah
[url=http://studentofallah.blogspot.com/]"Student of Allah"'s blog[/url]

WhereIsTheTruth

Quote from: Student of Allah on November 07, 2011, 07:08:17 AM
Shalom,

WOW !!!!!!! I am more than convinced that EVOLUTION is the answer to where we come from. Hell is justified, only the best of creation gets to stay in paradise, not the rest of the primates. Anyways, I don't believe in banning books. Truth stands out clear from error.

PEACE
------------------ Student of Allah

The best answer to an asshol* is silence.

Peace

My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to God, Lord of the worlds.

huruf

There has always been an antifeminine manifest reaction, whenever  women emancipation has made inroads. Even a reaction tinged with intelectuality and promoted by females, saying things like those promoted by that Malasian association.

Their tenets are so contrary to and healthy thought not to say to the Qur'an, so idiot in sum, that trying to make any debate ahnging on them is to dignify them.

It is a propaganda operation, to remind that we always live out of the favour of those who may consider us females worth condescending to pretend that we are equal. That we live on lent rights and considerations. Trying to subvert the feeling of self-worth of women, for whatever it is worth.

Slaam

Emil

So much for believing in man..............I find it offensive that a woman does not think men can control their lust. Sexual discrimination.......Whereisthetruth, as a woman can you please explain to me: why is it that women punish themselves when they should instead blame the man? This is a genuine question, something that I have never understood....."oh no, if I don't perform in bed my husband will cheat on me and it is my fault because I am lousy"

I don't get it...........

WhereIsTheTruth

Quote from: Emil on November 08, 2011, 06:53:55 AM
So much for believing in man..............I find it offensive that a woman does not think men can control their lust. Sexual discrimination.......Whereisthetruth, as a woman can you please explain to me: why is it that women punish themselves when they should instead blame the man? This is a genuine question, something that I have never understood....."oh no, if I don't perform in bed my husband will cheat on me and it is my fault because I am lousy"

I never met any woman who thought like that or punished herself, thats why i think this club is sick. If you think about it, this sex book which they wrote is actually more insulting to men than women since it assumes that men are horney slaves of sex .. that a man is not a human but a penis. Indeed this sick malaysian club is more insulting to men than women.

Indelwyn

Quote from: Emil on November 08, 2011, 06:53:55 AM

Exactly what my husband says! All this talk of needing extra wives and sex slaves and pleasure mates as well as a market in heaven with women for men to sleep with on demand. My hubby says it makes men look like a weak species controlled by sick desires and this is why women hate men, but not all of us are like this. He gets more mad then me sometimes and says he is offended and he is capable of love and a one on one relationship.

Emil, I don't blame myself. I think it is sad women do. I see sex as a 50/50 and in loving your partner you will want to satisfy them, but no need for blame. Why is not the men worried about not being able to perform well? They make it sound like women don't cheat for that reason...lol little do they know.

I myself know of a women who is happy her husband married another so she could have more time with her secret lover.

I love the line.. "better than a first class Prostitute?..lol OMG! Who conducted that study???!!!
"Victory is changing the hearts of your opponents by gentleness and kindness."- Saladin

Emil

Quote from: Indelwyn on November 08, 2011, 04:10:35 PM
Exactly what my husband says! All this talk of needing extra wives and sex slaves and pleasure mates as well as a market in heaven with women for men to sleep with on demand. My hubby says it makes men look like a weak species controlled by sick desires and this is why women hate men, but not all of us are like this. He gets more mad then me sometimes and says he is offended and he is capable of love and a one on one relationship.

Emil, I don't blame myself. I think it is sad women do. I see sex as a 50/50 and in loving your partner you will want to satisfy them, but no need for blame. Why is not the men worried about not being able to perform well? They make it sound like women don't cheat for that reason...lol little do they know.

I myself know of a women who is happy her husband married another so she could have more time with her secret lover.

I love the line.. "better than a first class Prostitute?..lol OMG! Who conducted that study???!!!

Salam sister

First class prostitute.....well the only way I can give this manual a smallest tiny weeny amount of credit is if there is mentioning that the woman should also enjoy lovemaking. But I suspect there is nothing of the sort, so this manual should be filed under "R"'as in "rubbish".

What on earth did you do to your kid? I hope those are not nicotine patches.... ;D

Jafar

Quote from: WhereIsTheTruth on November 07, 2011, 06:27:00 AM

"We want to teach them how to perform better than a first-class prostitute," she said.

Go Ladies!! Yeeehaaa!!

Darlan Zaini, co-founder of the Singapore club, added that in Islam, "if the husband wants sex and the wife is not in the mood, she has to give in to him. If not, the angels will curse her. This is not good for the family."

This might be the root cause of the problem.. how could an amateur who is not 'in the mood' could perform better than 'first-class professionals'? The club should teach its members on how to be 'always in the mood'.. just like 'professionals' do..  ;D

Obedient Husbands Club?

When asked about starting an Obedient Husbands Club, Rohaya said she would ask her husband.

?I will ask my husband if he wants to start one," she said.

Definitely they *must*.. turning those 'weak' husbands into 'first class gigolo' as well.. ;D

I think all ladies in this forum would agree me.. right ladies?

http://www.webcitation.org/query?url=http://www.gmanews.tv/story/237616/odds-and-ends/islamic-sex-manual-faces-ban-in-malaysia&date=2011-11-06
Should this book be banned according to you?

Definitely no.. :D

Salam / Peace

Indelwyn

Quote from: Emil on November 08, 2011, 06:05:08 PM
Salam sister

What on earth did you do to your kid? I hope those are not nicotine patches.... ;D

LOL. My daughter Lilyana, put stickers on him. I heard the two of them giggling and went in, this is what  I found. I had to take a picture :)
"Victory is changing the hearts of your opponents by gentleness and kindness."- Saladin