News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

lesbians?

Started by dawngorgeous, November 05, 2011, 07:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawngorgeous

Peace All,
What does one say to one's 17 year-old who is at boarding school, has an attraction to a girl and is convinced she is lesbian?

Noon dhe plume

114:1 قل say أعوذ I seek refuge برب in Lord الناس the mankind
114:2 ملك King الناس the mankind
114:3 إلها Deity لناس the mankind
114:4 من from شر evil الوسواس the whisperer الخناس the one who retreats
114:5 الذي the one who يوسوس whispers في in صدور breasts الناس the mankind
114:6 من from الجنة the jinn والناس and the mankind

All lustful attractions are temporary to the psyche wear out like a drug requiring higher doses.
Once realized one can control their mind and ignore the thoughts dispatch them to the abyss.

Peace and best for your daughter.

KDC501

Quote from: dawngorgeous on November 05, 2011, 07:10:14 AM
Peace All,
What does one say to one's 17 year-old who is at boarding school, has an attraction to a girl and is convinced she is lesbian?

I would  hope its a phase and I would pray that she would find the right path. Homosexuality is against God's design of the male and female species.

26:165 "Are you attracted to the males of the worlds?"
26:166 "You leave what your Lord has created for you of mates? You are an intrusive people!"

7:80 And Lot, when he said to his people: "Do you commit lewdness to an extend that none in the worlds had surpassed you?"
7:81 "You come to men with desire instead of women; you are a transgressing people."

Engaging in such acts is a gross offensive in God's eye. God made Eve not Steve. I can't see how anyone can move from the attractive qualities of the opposite sex to that of the similar sex! It makes me sick just thinking about it.

Peace,

Kevin

Paradox Uncreated

If she doesn`t believe in heaven or hell, and that homophilia is transgression and following of satan, then there is not much one can do.

I don`t know if you followed my posts on paradox-meditation. You can always try to get her to meditate, and see if that helps the "attraction" (spirit). But sometimes they WANT to cultivate this attraction, so the meditation will then be useless.

Ofourse the meditation usually requires one to get into the whole esoteric mindset. Which is a journey in itself.

If she actually believes in God, you can try to explain that God is a paradox that cannot be expressed. Awareness of transcendence helps against spirits. But the best thing is to directly meditate on it.

Peace.
Paradox Void is the infinitely superior.

Paradox Void is an attribute of God, or any other entity it should point to, which is the same entity.
Designer of all dimensions. Former of forms, shaper of shapes. According to truth.
Peace.

Emil

Paradox Uncreated

Kissing up to fotballers, not minding the lame drawings of mohammed, and now attributing sayings to God.. 
Emil, I think you aren`t quite serious about Islam. ;)

Paradox Void is an attribute of God, or any other entity it should point to, which is the same entity.
Designer of all dimensions. Former of forms, shaper of shapes. According to truth.
Peace.

KDC501

Nobody is saying to hate gay people. I say hate what they practice. The practice of homosexuality is what should be scorned  and not the people. We shouldn't discriminate against gay people just because of what they do. However just because we don't discriminate against them doesn't mean that we accept what they do. We don't. And it is quite clear in the Quran that we shouldn't accept homosexuality as a practice. Homosexuality is a gross sin and against God's design. So again I say to all, God made Eve not Steve.

Peace,

Kevin

Abdul-Hadi

Greetings and Peace, all  :group:

Quote from: dawngorgeous on November 05, 2011, 07:10:14 AM
Peace All,

@dawngorgeous

Tell her that you love her, but you also don't believe in homosexuality. Also tell her that she will always be your daughter and that you will not drive her away. Don't judge her--feel honored that she trusts you enough to confide in you. Tell her that you hope that she will do what is right and not what is convenient. Tell her that you want what is best for her, and that this is not good for her in the long term.

If she follows the deen of islam, present a position grounded on that. Ask her how it would fit in with her religious values. If she doesn't presently follow the deen, you may choose to mention that making such an attraction known to others will affect her socially for a long time--especially if the attraction is not mutual! Keeping such a thing private is like wrapping fire with paper.

Remind her that any sexual act with a partner that is not monogamous is inherently risky. If she still chooses to pursue the relationship, be patient. Don't browbeat her with unwanted lectures. Just because you don't approve of her lifestyle doesn't mean that you don't want to talk with her or see her! ISA, things will work out for the best.

Btw, three bisexual women that I personally know are now monogamously married (to men!).

May ALLAH see fit to change us all for the better.

:peace:

~Abdul-Hadi

Emil

Quote from: Paradox Uncreated on November 06, 2011, 02:34:20 PM
Kissing up to fotballers, not minding the lame drawings of mohammed, and now attributing sayings to God.. 
Emil, I think you aren`t quite serious about Islam. ;)

Salaam Paradox

You and I do not seem to live in the same universe because your universe seems to be spinning around you. I am sorry the kids laughed at you when you were little, I am sorry that you have to live in such a horrendous place like Norway where people have forgotten God.

I am dead serious about Islam, my friend. I am trying to make it work in a world where things are far beyond more complex than the world you seem live in. I dont get the kissing up to footballers bit, but with the drawings of prophet Muhammed I think you need to look beyond your computer world and into the world of art to truly understand what it is all about. By saying I am attributing sayings to God when I post a picture where it says that God does not hate gay people, well prove to me then that this is not true.

You used to ask people to read this book before discussing with you? Well, I humbly ask you to not discuss anything with me until you return to earth.

Quote from: KDC501 on November 06, 2011, 03:45:21 PM
Nobody is saying to hate gay people. I say hate what they practice. The practice of homosexuality is what should be scorned  and not the people. We shouldn't discriminate against gay people just because of what they do. However just because we don't discriminate against them doesn't mean that we accept what they do. We don't. And it is quite clear in the Quran that we shouldn't accept homosexuality as a practice. Homosexuality is a gross sin and against God's design. So again I say to all, God made Eve not Steve.

Salam Kevin

My point brother is that we can hate gays (I certainly do not like gays) but we cannot say Allah hates gays. I see it quite black and white.
1. There are transgressions which have punishments as per Quran
2. There are things which are forbidden as per Quran
3. There are things where we are asked to follow what we personally feel is a sin/forbidden/guidance, but that is a personal opinion. For example if I am gay and I cannot find anything to prove that I am in fact lewd by acting out on my homosexuality, then the ONLY one who can judge me or even give me a hint that it is a sin is Allah. If I feel hijab is definately part of Islam I can wear one, ONLY Allah can tell me if I am wrong.
If any of my "personal preferences" trancends into a clear violation of Allah's guidance such as oppression my fellow brothers and sisters can step in and stop me.

In other words, there is no clear violation being gay. We do not know where homosexuality comes from, the evidence sofar is that you are born with it, and that makes it the work of Allah. I rather religiously love and personally dislike.

To tell you the truth I do not like homosexuality, but I do realize this is my wordly opinion, not my religious opinion.

Quote from: Abdul-Hadi on November 06, 2011, 08:42:54 PM
Greetings and Peace, all  :group:

@dawngorgeous

Tell her that you love her, but you also don't believe in homosexuality. Also tell her that she will always be your daughter and that you will not drive her away. Don't judge her--feel honored that she trusts you enough to confide in you. Tell her that you hope that she will do what is right and not what is convenient. Tell her that you want what is best for her, and that this is not good for her in the long term.

If she follows the deen of islam, present a position grounded on that. Ask her how it would fit in with her religious values. If she doesn't presently follow the deen, you may choose to mention that making such an attraction known to others will affect her socially for a long time--especially if the attraction is not mutual! Keeping such a thing private is like wrapping fire with paper.

Remind her that any sexual act with a partner that is not monogamous is inherently risky. If she still chooses to pursue the relationship, be patient. Don't browbeat her with unwanted lectures. Just because you don't approve of her lifestyle doesn't mean that you don't want to talk with her or see her! ISA, things will work out for the best.

Btw, three bisexual women that I personally know are now monogamously married (to men!).

May ALLAH see fit to change us all for the better.

:peace:

~Abdul-Hadi

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Paradox Uncreated

Quote from: Emil on November 07, 2011, 04:45:48 AM
Salaam Paradox

You and I do not seem to live in the same universe because your universe seems to be spinning around you. I am sorry the kids laughed at you when you were little, I am sorry that you have to live in such a horrendous place like Norway where people have forgotten God.

I am dead serious about Islam, my friend. I am trying to make it work in a world where things are far beyond more complex than the world you seem live in. I dont get the kissing up to footballers bit, but with the drawings of prophet Muhammed I think you need to look beyond your computer world and into the world of art to truly understand what it is all about. By saying I am attributing sayings to God when I post a picture where it says that God does not hate gay people, well prove to me then that this is not true.

You used to ask people to read this book before discussing with you? Well, I humbly ask you to not discuss anything with me until you return to earth.

I think that the situation is the same in Sweden, but you are romanticising your view on reality. And that is only a part of your problem. You fail to see reality, and instead choose to live in a makebelieve world. This is the very opposite of Islam.
Islam is not a popularity contest. You don`t cheer on a team, to gain benefits. It`s about truth, being truthful.
Your "complex" world, is probably because you are confused, and think you need to do these things. Instead, the world can be quite simple, and listen to ones own nature. (And protect from spirits by being godconscious, which I doubt you have understood my posts on, or even acknowledge.)
My enemy is satan. And you are arguing against me.. Do you believe in satan? :)

Calling the mohammed-drawings art, just shows how far from reality you really are. I was a hacker in my teens. I guess you are referring to that with "my computer world". While I live in quite a divine world these days, no doubt something you cannot comprehend, my computer world of my teens, was quite filled with art, and intelligence, and freedom of expression. You can look up "demoscene" if you like, and educate yourself on computer art, so you don`t make so ignorant statements.

And if God puts gays in hell, that would definately be hate. No, even worse. "It`s better that God hates you, than works against you". - Quran. God actually works against them here. :) And from what I have seen, they deserve it.
And no injustice shall be done.

I was thinking about stopping my posts there, but there still seems to be something on my mind. How the hell can an adult male sit and talk about children laughing at me, and use expressions like computer world. Like he sure isn`t one of those loosers.  That makes me upset. Really fires up an old conflict, which I ofcourse rarely see these days. People are all using computers these days, so it`s a remark indeed from the times of "computer users are weird". Now instead of wanting to crush this guys head with a sledgehammer, I am going to work this out in words.

First of all, all the time you spendt with your friends, pretending your ignorant ways are better, living in your make-believe world, where the ignorant are the superior, where fotballers are to be kissed up to, and more recently where completely lame drawings are art, which you defend, and homophilia is "normal" :) Lol, yeah I am drawing a picture myself here, and thinking it is pathetic. I don`t really need to say anymore.

You obviously live far away from any religious truth. THIS is where I LIVE. You are like the beast, who attacks a piece of meat, you could never comprehend the state of mind, of the gnostic I am.

GO ON, live your live in your ignorant pathetic state and think it is superior. While on my level of reality, you are insignificant. (I wouldn`t even call that being alive.)

Peace.