News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

A WOMAN AS MESSENGER

Started by Kindness45, September 05, 2011, 03:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indelwyn

good point Bender.

I have to agree that I feel the reason we hear about them all being men is the status of women back then. No way would men follow a woman. Allah knew his creation was male dominated, hence the reason to clearly place a message concerning the rights of women. Hell, in most Christianity sects, only in the last 100 or so years did they come to the conclusion that women actually have souls! I do think women were used, just in a different way.. like Maryam. Besides every messenger had a mother who raised him, that makes her pretty important. Allah knows best.
"Victory is changing the hearts of your opponents by gentleness and kindness."- Saladin

Ikrame

maybe because women wouldn't be taken serious. in the past they were buried and women are still seen today as less in comparison of men but Allaho a3lam
I plan to leave this world the way i entered it.
Kicking and screaming

Bender

Salaam Indelwyn and Ikrame,

We can only speculate why there are only male messengers (or maybe if we read The Quran carefully there is somewhere a hint why there were only male messengers). But I think you two make good points. We can read in The Quran what awfull things people did and wanted to do to the male messengers, we can only imagine what people would have done to a female messenger. Imagine 2 female messengers going to Pharao. Even Musa and Haroen were afraid 20:45   قَالَا رَبَّنَا إِنَّنَا نَخَافُ أَن يَفْرُطَ عَلَيْنَا أَوْ أَن يَطْغَىٰ

And talking about Pharaoh, there is a nice verse about his wife 66:11  وَضَرَبَ اللَّـهُ مَثَلًا لِّلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا امْرَأَتَ فِرْعَوْنَ إِذْ قَالَتْ رَبِّ ابْنِ لِي عِندَكَ بَيْتًا فِي الْجَنَّةِ وَنَجِّنِي مِن فِرْعَوْنَ وَعَمَلِهِ وَنَجِّنِي مِنَ الْقَوْمِ الظَّالِمِينَ

About Meryem, she is a ayaat for the alamien thus not only for women. If i understand correctly then i think that she was a nabi, but not a messenger.
Alhamdu lillahi rabbi al-alameen

Abdul-Hadi

Greetings and Peace, all  :group:

@Bender: Good catch! AQ 16:43 leaves no doubt. Your analysis makes sense. Thanks!

Although I had stated before that some messengers ~could~ have been female, in the light of Quranic evidence I retract that statement.

:peace:

~Abdul-Hadi

SeekingYou

Male= ذكر
The question is: Does رجال = ذكر  and نساء= انثى؟

زُيِّنَ لِلنَّاسِ حُبُّ الشَّهَوَاتِ مِنَ النِّسَاء وَالْبَنِينَ وَالْقَنَاطِيرِ الْمُقَنطَرَةِ مِنَ الذَّهَبِ وَالْفِضَّةِ وَالْخَيْلِ الْمُسَوَّمَةِ وَالأَنْعَامِ وَالْحَرْثِ ذَلِكَ مَتَاعُ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَاللّهُ عِندَهُ حُسْنُ الْمَآب

الناس=People.

Beautified for people is the love of that which they desire - of women and sons, heaped-up sums of gold and silver, fine branded horses, and cattle and tilled land. That is the enjoyment of worldly life, but Allah has with Him the best return.

Didn't any one ask himself a question, If people are (Kids, men, grown ups, Women,...etc) How can they love the desire of women? Lesbians? lol

Of Course not...look for more:

يُوصِيكُمُ اللَّهُ فِي أَوْلادِكُمْ لِلذَّكَرِ مِثْلُ حَظِّ الأُنثَيَيْنِ فَإِن كُنَّ نِسَاء فَوْقَ اثْنَتَيْنِ فَلَهُنَّ ثُلُثَا مَا تَرَكَ وَإِن كَانَتْ وَاحِدَةً فَلَهَا النِّصْفُ وَلأَبَوَيْهِ لِكُلِّ وَاحِدٍ مِّنْهُمَا السُّدُسُ مِمَّا تَرَكَ إِن كَانَ لَهُ وَلَدٌ فَإِن لَّمْ يَكُن لَّهُ وَلَدٌ وَوَرِثَهُ أَبَوَاهُ فَلأُمِّهِ الثُّلُثُ فَإِن كَانَ لَهُ إِخْوَةٌ فَلأُمِّهِ السُّدُسُ مِن بَعْدِ وَصِيَّةٍ يُوصِي بِهَا أَوْ دَيْنٍ آبَاؤُكُمْ وَأَبْنَاؤُكُمْ لاَ تَدْرُونَ أَيُّهُمْ أَقْرَبُ لَكُمْ نَفْعًا فَرِيضَةً مِّنَ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا
so if the 2 females are Nissa...people said, maybe the Nissa is the married Female...(But the word Female is the gender...it is general...in every spot of a Woman's life line she is considered a Female, she can't be a Male except if she made a surgery lol) and then an Aya responds for that:

وَاللَّهُ خَلَقَكُم مِّن تُرَابٍ ثُمَّ مِن نُّطْفَةٍ ثُمَّ جَعَلَكُمْ أَزْوَاجًا وَمَا تَحْمِلُ مِنْ أُنثَى وَلا تَضَعُ إِلاَّ بِعِلْمِهِ وَمَا يُعَمَّرُ مِن مُّعَمَّرٍ وَلا يُنقَصُ مِنْ عُمُرِهِ إِلاَّ فِي كِتَابٍ إِنَّ ذَلِكَ عَلَى اللَّهِ يَسِيرٌ

Female here (انثى) Came for a married woman who gave birth...so how come the word "Female/انثى" is for only unmarried girls/women???

Let's investigate more the word نساء

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ اتَّقُواْ رَبَّكُمُ الَّذِي خَلَقَكُم مِّن نَّفْسٍ وَاحِدَةٍ وَخَلَقَ مِنْهَا زَوْجَهَا وَبَثَّ مِنْهُمَا رِجَالاً كَثِيرًا وَنِسَاء وَاتَّقُواْ اللَّهَ الَّذِي تَسَاءَلُونَ بِهِ وَالأَرْحَامَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلَيْكُمْ رَقِيبًا
So the word Nisaa is opposite to Regal نساء#رجال
But, yet we can't define regal as zokor as males, or Nisaa as Women...or we will face some errors...
What I have found till now, that the word نساء means what ever is late/weak/secondary from it's type..

A woman who is weak, frustrated in her Society is a Nisaa...
A man who is weak, frustrated and oppressed in his Society is Nisaa..

So a Stupid game on the computer, and a project you must do for a certain scientific research for example...what will be the Nisaa and what will be the Regal here o.0

~~Any thing that is secondary/weak/not in piriority/late from it's type is Nisaa...

The fact the 3/4 of the times the word Nisaa came in the Qur'an it was "Female" signs makes me reconsider lot's of stuff...

But for sure a Messenger must be from the Regal...as he/she is able to search for his/her own and is not weakened in his/her society and is self dependent .

This is just the first look upon the object, I didn't research all the Ayat till now, I was just aware that the word Nisaa can't be the Same as Female (enath).

~~I am still researching regarding this point~~

Bender

Quote from: SeekingYou on September 07, 2011, 01:38:52 AM
Male= ذكر
The question is: Does رجال = ذكر  and نساء= انثى؟

زُيِّنَ لِلنَّاسِ حُبُّ الشَّهَوَاتِ مِنَ النِّسَاء وَالْبَنِينَ وَالْقَنَاطِيرِ الْمُقَنطَرَةِ مِنَ الذَّهَبِ وَالْفِضَّةِ وَالْخَيْلِ الْمُسَوَّمَةِ وَالأَنْعَامِ وَالْحَرْثِ ذَلِكَ مَتَاعُ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَاللّهُ عِندَهُ حُسْنُ الْمَآب

الناس=People.

Beautified for people is the love of that which they desire - of women and sons, heaped-up sums of gold and silver, fine branded horses, and cattle and tilled land. That is the enjoyment of worldly life, but Allah has with Him the best return.

Didn't any one ask himself a question, If people are (Kids, men, grown ups, Women,...etc) How can they love the desire of women? Lesbians? lol

Of Course not...look for more:

يُوصِيكُمُ اللَّهُ فِي أَوْلادِكُمْ لِلذَّكَرِ مِثْلُ حَظِّ الأُنثَيَيْنِ فَإِن كُنَّ نِسَاء فَوْقَ اثْنَتَيْنِ فَلَهُنَّ ثُلُثَا مَا تَرَكَ وَإِن كَانَتْ وَاحِدَةً فَلَهَا النِّصْفُ وَلأَبَوَيْهِ لِكُلِّ وَاحِدٍ مِّنْهُمَا السُّدُسُ مِمَّا تَرَكَ إِن كَانَ لَهُ وَلَدٌ فَإِن لَّمْ يَكُن لَّهُ وَلَدٌ وَوَرِثَهُ أَبَوَاهُ فَلأُمِّهِ الثُّلُثُ فَإِن كَانَ لَهُ إِخْوَةٌ فَلأُمِّهِ السُّدُسُ مِن بَعْدِ وَصِيَّةٍ يُوصِي بِهَا أَوْ دَيْنٍ آبَاؤُكُمْ وَأَبْنَاؤُكُمْ لاَ تَدْرُونَ أَيُّهُمْ أَقْرَبُ لَكُمْ نَفْعًا فَرِيضَةً مِّنَ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا
so if the 2 females are Nissa...people said, maybe the Nissa is the married Female...(But the word Female is the gender...it is general...in every spot of a Woman's life line she is considered a Female, she can't be a Male except if she made a surgery lol) and then an Aya responds for that:

وَاللَّهُ خَلَقَكُم مِّن تُرَابٍ ثُمَّ مِن نُّطْفَةٍ ثُمَّ جَعَلَكُمْ أَزْوَاجًا وَمَا تَحْمِلُ مِنْ أُنثَى وَلا تَضَعُ إِلاَّ بِعِلْمِهِ وَمَا يُعَمَّرُ مِن مُّعَمَّرٍ وَلا يُنقَصُ مِنْ عُمُرِهِ إِلاَّ فِي كِتَابٍ إِنَّ ذَلِكَ عَلَى اللَّهِ يَسِيرٌ

Female here (انثى) Came for a married woman who gave birth...so how come the word "Female/انثى" is for only unmarried girls/women???

Let's investigate more the word نساء

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ اتَّقُواْ رَبَّكُمُ الَّذِي خَلَقَكُم مِّن نَّفْسٍ وَاحِدَةٍ وَخَلَقَ مِنْهَا زَوْجَهَا وَبَثَّ مِنْهُمَا رِجَالاً كَثِيرًا وَنِسَاء وَاتَّقُواْ اللَّهَ الَّذِي تَسَاءَلُونَ بِهِ وَالأَرْحَامَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلَيْكُمْ رَقِيبًا
So the word Nisaa is opposite to Regal نساء#رجال
But, yet we can't define regal as zokor as males, or Nisaa as Women...or we will face some errors...
What I have found till now, that the word نساء means what ever is late/weak/secondary from it's type..

A woman who is weak, frustrated in her Society is a Nisaa...
A man who is weak, frustrated and oppressed in his Society is Nisaa..

So a Stupid game on the computer, and a project you must do for a certain scientific research for example...what will be the Nisaa and what will be the Regal here o.0

~~Any thing that is secondary/weak/not in piriority/late from it's type is Nisaa...

The fact the 3/4 of the times the word Nisaa came in the Qur'an it was "Female" signs makes me reconsider lot's of stuff...

But for sure a Messenger must be from the Regal...as he/she is able to search for his/her own and is not weakened in his/her society and is self dependent .

This is just the first look upon the object, I didn't research all the Ayat till now, I was just aware that the word Nisaa can't be the Same as Female (enath).

~~I am still researching regarding this point~~

Salaam again bother  :)

Maybe you have to correct a little bit your definition for “Anissaa” and “Regal”. Please take a look at this verse: 4:98 إِلَّا الْمُسْتَضْعَفِينَ مِنَ الرِّجَالِ وَالنِّسَاءِ وَالْوِلْدَانِ لَا يَسْتَطِيعُونَ حِيلَةً وَلَا يَهْتَدُونَ سَبِيلًا

IF الْمُسْتَضْعَفِينَ means “the weak ones” or something like that THEN it’s seems for me impossible that “Regal” means “the strong one” and “Anissaa” “the weak ones”. Else you would have to translate 4:98 as: Except the weak ones from the strong ones and the weak ones from the weak ones….  This doesn’t sound very logical in my opinion.

Alhamdu lillahi rabbi al-alameen

youssef4342

Well Rajul, means Male.
An instance is when Lot tells the MEN around around his house, "elays, minkom RAJULUL Rasheed?" "is there not amongst you any upright man" (Quran 11:78)

However, there are 6 women in the bible deemed "prophetess", which might not neccessarily mean a woman messenger. It might just mean a person with a source of divine revelation, not to a particular people (since Children of Israel had judges and many prophets at one time, not just a particular one;

Judges 4:4 says: "And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time".
Facebook Group
[url="https://www.facebook.com/groups/310518545650653/"]https://www.facebook.com/groups/310518545650653/[/url]

"Fear not those who can kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear the one who can destroy both the soul and the body in hell." (Matthew 10:28)

Jafar

Quote from: Kindness45 on September 05, 2011, 03:58:35 PM
Salam,

I wonder why messengers are all MEN.

Peace

Well even the US Postal Service employ only men as their courier.. until 'recently'...
That's why it's commonly known as 'mr postman'.. while 'mrs postwoman' are rare.. even now..

But again every messengers (men or women)  came from women..
As thus; most definitely women are the messenger who deliver the messenger who deliver the message to its final address. That's applicable in both US Post Service and Heaven Post Service.. ;)

Now I wonder why mothers are all WOMEN?

Salam / Peace

huruf

Apart from bringing a message, messengers must be an example of their message to be followed. Most evils in societies derives from attitudes of abuse of power, which, just because of the possibilitie of abusing power, men are proner to it than females. If a messenger must be an example, it is obvious that those who need most tobe given examples are males, not females. So there is logic in men being taught clearly how they should be meek and benevolent. Even with all the male prophets they are rather far from the ideal, so I guess there have not been enough male prophets. I suggest hafe male humanity should be male messengers, see if then they can get it.

Salaam

SeekingYou

Quote from: Bender on September 09, 2011, 11:28:21 AM
Salaam again bother  :)

Maybe you have to correct a little bit your definition for ?Anissaa? and ?Regal?. Please take a look at this verse: 4:98 إِلَّا الْمُسْتَضْعَفِينَ مِنَ الرِّجَالِ وَالنِّسَاءِ وَالْوِلْدَانِ لَا يَسْتَطِيعُونَ حِيلَةً وَلَا يَهْتَدُونَ سَبِيلًا

IF الْمُسْتَضْعَفِينَ means ?the weak ones? or something like that THEN it?s seems for me impossible that ?Regal? means ?the strong one? and ?Anissaa? ?the weak ones?. Else you would have to translate 4:98 as: Except the weak ones from the strong ones and the weak ones from the weak ones?.  This doesn?t sound very logical in my opinion.
You missed my point, The Nissa is the "Late, weak" of their own...not Weak as in the social real oppression...I will write a detailed definition of this and the word "Rooh".