Author Topic: Who is Zul-Qarnain? (Sura 18:83 -99)  (Read 10723 times)

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Who is Zul-Qarnain? (Sura 18:83 -99)
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 02:50:09 PM »
Peace KDC501,

I am not sure who Zul-Qarnain was so I do not say anything. But I do not like to call Cyrus and the early succession of kings for Pagans because they seem in some records to have been among pretty righteous people. Zoroastrianism has an image of Paganism today, but I have done certain research that seems to indicate otherwise.

Historical records may be distorted, but I am relatively certain that there were good kings among bad ones in that era (approximately 600BC-450BC) and that they had Communion with God.

I would admit that the narration in chapter 18 with Zul-Qarnain may suit the portrayal of Cyrus in The Book. But it is nothing I would swear by God about. Unless I know better I would not give any further speculations.

God bless you
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net

The_Chimp

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 03:09:37 PM »
Peace KDC501,

I am not sure who Zul-Qarnain was so I do not say anything. But I do not like to call Cyrus and the early succession of kings for Pagans because they seem in some records to have been among pretty righteous people. Zoroastrianism has an image of Paganism today, but I have done certain research that seems to indicate otherwise.

Historical records may be distorted, but I am relatively certain that there were good kings among bad ones in that era (approximately 600BC-450BC) and that they had Communion with God.

I would admit that the narration in chapter 18 with Zul-Qarnain may suit the portrayal of Cyrus in The Book. But it is nothing I would swear by God about. Unless I know better I would not give any further speculations.

God bless you

Here once more . . . you are at it again:

What research? Where?

- -

Historical records may be distorted, but I am relatively certain that there were good kings among bad ones in that era (approximately 600BC-450BC)

Law of averages!

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2014, 03:30:31 PM »
Peace mr nice,

At what? Many people would agree with that.

That some Persian kings seem to have been better than the average is quite well-known and they seem to have kept a decent respect to various religions and to places that they conquered. And they set free captured Jews at Babylon.

What was it that you argued against anyway? That Zoroastrians are not Pagans?

The_Chimp

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2014, 04:02:21 PM »
Peace mr nice,

At what? Many people would agree with that.

That some Persian kings seem to have been better than the average is quite well-known and they seem to have kept a decent respect to various religions and to places that they conquered. And they set free captured Jews at Babylon.

What was it that you argued against anyway? That Zoroastrians are not Pagans?

I am not arguing for and against anything. . . I have asked you about this "research" . . . which you have claimed . . .

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2014, 12:23:38 AM »
Peace The Chimp,

How do you research on history? Checking historical records, geographical and archeological sources and thinking and trying to assemble every source together.

But it is always difficult knowing the exact Truth and sometimes official history is a blatant lie such as I consider much of hadith of Muhammad if you pardon me saying. That I say by considering it is intertwined with tales that Muhammad let Believers drink camel urine or that he would use a certain number of stones while answering the call of nature.

Even if some hadith might be true would you consider it a reliable source or divine revelation? It is almost worse reliable than the Bible.

I consider God's Message to be safely sought from The Book and particularly not hadith books of Muhammad.

Saying I invent new meanings of words is not true with for example Communion as this is what the word might mean (salah) and then I do not care what "religious leaders" say but I go on by using logic while checking the word's root meaning.

Anyway, I know you will never justly evaluate what I said now either and go on and saying how unintelligent I am in the usual friendly manner.

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2014, 05:29:27 AM »
Cyrus the great was a pagan. It is IMPOSSIBLE for him to be "The Two Horned One".
From the Quran we see that the Two horned One had a close relationship with God. Cyrus was a PAGAN. He neither Alexander the Great fit the persona of the 'Two Horned One'.

Again the  "Two Horned One" is Messiah Ben Joseph. The term "Two Horned One" is a AN OLD TERM that the CHILDREN OF ISRAEL know about.

1. What is PAGAN?, explain please...
2. And why Cyrus is a Pagan?

Cyrus was the first person to be titled "Messiach" by the Jews.
He's definitely a GOYIM, (Goyim = Non-Jew)
So GOYIM = PAGAN ?

"This is what the LORD says to his MOSSIACH, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of
to subdue nations before him and to strip kings of their armor, to open doors before him so that gates will not be shut."

(Isaiah 45)

Sweetflower87

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2014, 12:24:38 PM »
Salam everyone,

for anyone who is intrested to read more about this subject please read the following note on facebook in sha Allah.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nazzie-azarbad/who-is-son-of-mandhul-qarnain-/10152580587273266
My beliefs have changed since end of 2014. Most of the threads and comments I have posted on this forum are no longer applicable. If anyone is interested to interact, you may PM me. Praise be to God

si di

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2014, 07:39:00 AM »
Salam all,

Iwant to bring this old thread into the view,I don't know who dhul qarnain is but i don't think it is cyrus because all Storys in the scripture are about semitic People for a semitic audience,no Story about Hercules or Shaka Zulu.

So i tend to belive that dhul carnain is another title for a Person already mention in the Scripture.And one of the traveler coming into consideration is Salomo,which the scrpture is telling us to have control over the "wind" with which he travels a one Month Journay in one day.

And it is not by accident that places far away from the Levante are called after him.There is a Mountain called "djebel Sulaiman" near the Himalaya ,why would People call places after someone?Only if someone did a great Thing which People drive them to express their admiration for him. "18:94 They said: "O Two Horned One, Gog and Magog are destroyers of the land, so shall we make a tribute for you that you will make between us and them a barrier?" "

So one hint how to search who dhul qarnain is by looking for honored People by foreign countries like alexander the great and others