About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Theory of Evolution anyone ?

Started by Student of Allah, June 13, 2011, 04:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nazzam

Quote from: Student of Allah on June 13, 2011, 04:03:44 AM
Peace,

I would like to know my the point of view of the members of this site on the subject of Evolution.

By Evolution I mean , Darwinian evolution, evolution by natural selection.

Thanks

Allah guide us

-------------------- Student of Allah

One of the biggest miracles of God.

Recluse

Evolution is not unguided. That is just impossible.

GODsubmitter

Another interesting video where there is a lot of explanation about THE USE of mathematics in science, life and general reasoning. (Not numerology, mind you! - for people who do not know the difference between numerology and mathematics please go and learn)

Evolution or Creation The Final Argument by Dr. Rashad Khalifa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILaHTACjV1k

In this computer age, we have mathematical laws that tell us whether a certain event is probable or not. If we throw five numbered cubes up in the air and let them fall into a guided straight line, the probability laws tell us the number of possible combinations we can get: 1x2x3x4x5=120 combinations. Thus, the probability of obtaining any combination is 1 in 120, or 1/120, or 0.0086. This probability diminishes fast when we increase the number of cubes. Mathematicians, who are very exacting scientists, have agreed that the probability diminishes to "Zero" when we increase the number of cubes to 84. If we work with 84 cubes, the probability diminishes to 209x10 (raised to the power of) -50.
The probability laws tell us that the probability of the haphazard creation of the exacting sequences of nucleotides into DNA is Zero, many times over. We are not talking about 84 nucleotides; we are talking about billions of nucleotides that must be arranged in a specific sequence.
Some evolutionists have stated that the human gene and the monkey's gene are 90% similar. However, even if the similarity was 99%, we are still talking about 300,000,000 nucleotides that must be haphazardly re-arranged to change the monkey into a human. The human gene contains 30,000,000,000 nucleotides; 1% of that is 300,000,000.

But, I suppose a lot of people do not study Dr. R. Khalifa's work, nor watch those informative videos...

Peace
God has no Religion!

God is running everything.

Peace begins with me.

Student of Allah

Shalom Aleikhem,

Quote from: GODsubmitter on November 16, 2013, 01:44:18 PM
Another interesting video where there is a lot of explanation about THE USE of mathematics in science, life and general reasoning. (Not numerology, mind you! - for people who do not know the difference between numerology and mathematics please go and learn)

In this computer age, we have mathematical laws that tell us whether a certain event is probable or not. If we throw five numbered cubes up in the air and let them fall into a guided straight line, the probability laws tell us the number of possible combinations we can get: 1x2x3x4x5=120 combinations. Thus, the probability of obtaining any combination is 1 in 120, or 1/120, or 0.0086. This probability diminishes fast when we increase the number of cubes. Mathematicians, who are very exacting scientists, have agreed that the probability diminishes to "Zero" when we increase the number of cubes to 84. If we work with 84 cubes, the probability diminishes to 209x10 (raised to the power of) -50.
The probability laws tell us that the probability of the haphazard creation of the exacting sequences of nucleotides into DNA is Zero, many times over. We are not talking about 84 nucleotides; we are talking about billions of nucleotides that must be arranged in a specific sequence.
Some evolutionists have stated that the human gene and the monkey's gene are 90% similar. However, even if the similarity was 99%, we are still talking about 300,000,000 nucleotides that must be haphazardly re-arranged to change the monkey into a human. The human gene contains 30,000,000,000 nucleotides; 1% of that is 300,000,000.

But, I suppose a lot of people do not study Dr. R. Khalifa's work, nor watch those informative videos...

Peace

I just noticed that you copy pasted this same thing in two of my threads on evolution. Here is your post from the other thread:

Quote from: GODsubmitter on November 16, 2013, 01:45:02 PM

Peace

Peace
------------ Student of Allah
[url=http://studentofallah.blogspot.com/]"Student of Allah"'s blog[/url]

Notexceling

I believe in Devolution.

Most depiction of our ancestral cousins have 2 additions to shape your thought pattern.

1. Extensive hair. There is more evidence to suggest our cousins were more like Aborigines and Africans.

2. Nose shape. Not bone, does not stand the test of time.

Just with these slight changes we can see a more humanoid appearance. I thought I should mention this before beginning.

Its not that I reject the idea of Evolution. It still could have happened.

In the Quran when the angels are asked to prostrate, they respond by ASKING why should we bow to one who causes mischief and shed blood.

Angels don't know the future, Adam has not committed a sin nor has Iblis been removed. More importantly, Angels aren't meant to ask questions.

The question was asked because of previous existence and their behaviour. When Adam appeared roughly around 12-15 thousand years ago, he proved his intelligence to the angels for prostration.

If you ask how do I know the date well homo sapien sapien (meaning modern wise man) appeared at that time.

This new homosapiensapien breed,

1. (Humans) starting use tools to a much higher degree than any other animal, and are the only extant

2. evidence of building fires (preparation and maintenance )

3. cook their food,

4. Only known species to clothe themselves

Prophet Adam (based on evidence) would have come around at this time in the evolution cycle (all of the above fit Quranically)

Especially point 4 "clothing"

I agree with evolution, substantial evidence to support the claim, I believe however the connection between us and our cousins lies in DEVOLUTION.
Why I believe in devolution?

Quran speaks about those who broke sabbath and how he made them become grotesque apes.

twice we are told BE apes (2.65, 7.166) and once we are told.......

[5.60] Say: Shall I inform you of (him who is) worse than this in retribution from Allah? (Worse is he) whom Allah has cursed and brought His wrath upon, and of whom He made apes and swine, and he who served the Shaitan; these are worse in place and more erring from the straight path.

We have two related cousins.
98%+ match with our DNA.

Bonobo (renown for excessive sex)

And the chimpanzee (famously causing mischief)

The only difference between us is a single chromosome, The famous "Chromosome 2"

Besides this chromosome we are 99.6% related to apes.

All great apes apart from man have 48 chromosomes.

Humans have 46 chromosomes (23 from each of your parents)

Currently science believes a fusion of the chromosome led to the creation of humans. In other words, they managed to perfectly align themselves and connect together at the initial stage of reproduction.
It is

There is only one flaw that science tends to forget.

It is extremely rarity of such a phenomena (fusion of chromosomes) to produce intelligent design

but
the rarity of such a phenomena occurring in 2 chimps (the male and the female) at the EXACT SAME TIME is near impossible.

It is more feasible and plausible (even in the world of genetics) that instead of a precise FUSION (that the possibilities of it occurring are near impossible)  to create humans, It all ready came Fused and broke.

i.e We did not come from Apes, it seems they came from us

Hence,
Devolution.

:whatever:

Lena

:!      WOW!  interesting idea!

good logic

Peace All.

We did not come from"apes",nor did apes come from humans.

" Be ye as despicable as apes is just an expression in Qoran  meaning "lowest of the low".

GOD created each species as its own.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5sfHz3xyNc

GOD bless you all.

Peace.

TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

hawk99

Peace,

I agree with good logic "We did not come from"apes",nor did apes come from humans."

I often wondered "why would apes change into humans, where's the benefit?
Why hasn't the missing link ever been found?
Why aren't apes still changing?

We do evolve:

[71:14] He is the One who created you in stages.

Darwinian evolution has been proven to be flawed, but has been used in the past to justify our imperialistic
subjugation of non-Europeans, relieving us of our guilt to enslave, annihilate, and exploit the subhuman races since
we are superior by natural selection and the fittest to survive.

The story of Ota benga "man put in the zoo"

http://onehumanrace.com/docs/ota_benga.asp

Darwinian evolution has been used once again to justify atheism by those who are nonbelievers to assert
that God is not the lord and sustainer of creation, they insist that it is science that is promulgated, but they fail to
understand that God is supernatural, meaning "above" or outside of nature thereby defying the scientific method.

[6:116] If you obey the majority of people on earth, they will divert you from the path of GOD. They follow only
conjecture; they only guess.

Many atheist use fancy language, and conjecture to convince many people of their positions, but in the end they
are simply nonbelievers like their cohorts.

God bless

:peace:

The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

Zulf

Yes.

Also, usually we are fed the all too common black and white dichotomy.. "either you're with us or against us"... or in this case, "either evolution or creation". Portraying it as if these are THE only options is just plain silly, and is something that is accepted by simple-minded or uninformed people. Such extremes themselves are usually not depicting anything near reality.

Atheists, often, wants to portray the human being as just another animal... and ascribe the theory of survival of the fittest to us too. Survival of the fittest is not even the general norm in the animal world. It exists, but not as THE guiding force of nature. The animal kingdom is NATURAL and balanced, without excess or real waste. Even in the animal kingdom you'll find cooperation, even when there might not be any apparent purpose for this cooperation.

When the human being is living a life according to the survival of the fittest, we get where we are today.... war, crime, destruction of the planet, unsustainable and a destructive economic model. When reducing the human being to something that operates, by nature, as per the theory of survival of the fittest, we actually become WORSE than animals. I believe the quran mentions this aswell in some context, that people become worse than animals.... i.e. totally unnatural.. "ungodly".

Both the blind, random and purposeless Darwinian creation and evolution, as well as the religious stories of creation, are no more than fantasies disconnected from anything natural, wholesome and sensible. This is entertainment for the human being, fumbling in the dark, guessing and arguing.

Peace.
If you name me, you negate me.

hawk99

Quote from: Zulf on January 17, 2014, 09:52:39 AM

When the human being is living a life according to the survival of the fittest, we get where we are today.... war, crime, destruction of the planet, unsustainable and a destructive economic model. When reducing the human being to something that operates, by nature, as per the theory of survival of the fittest, we actually become WORSE than animals. I believe the quran mentions this aswell in some context, that people become worse than animals.... i.e. totally unnatural.. "ungodly".

Agreed, such doctrines as Darwinian evolution contribute to a poisonous mindset that renders its constituents or
more pointedly "victims" to a state of straying or as you put it  "totally unnatural.. "ungodly".

[7:179] We have committed to Hell multitudes of jinns and humans. They have minds with which they do not
understand, eyes with which they do not see, and ears with which they do not hear. They are like animals; no,
they are far worse?they are totally unaware. (heedless)

I would like for folks to read the article about Ota Benga in my previous post, the article speaks for itself.

God bless

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden