Author Topic: Theory of Evolution anyone ?  (Read 32555 times)

Student of Allah

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Theory of Evolution anyone ?
« on: June 13, 2011, 01:03:44 AM »
Peace,

I would like to know my the point of view of the members of this site on the subject of Evolution.

By Evolution I mean , Darwinian evolution, evolution by natural selection.

Thanks

Allah guide us

-------------------- Student of Allah

Magnus

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Theory of Evolution anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 01:34:53 AM »
I think there's lots of evidence for evolution. I don't believe that the mutations are random or that the selection is natural.
It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Student of Allah

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 02:10:54 AM »
Well, as far as I know that the selection is natural and the mutation is random but not random in a blind way. Its directed by the environment and circumstance the creature goes through in it's lifetime.

One of the most amazing thing I ever came across, Evolution.

Allah knows best

------------------ Student of Allah

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +13/-2
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 04:14:14 AM »
For verses see:
http://misconceptions-about-islam.com/woman-created-from-rib-adam.htm

Early Muslim scientists, hundreds of years before Darwin, e.g. Ibn Khaldun http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muqaddimah

One should then take a look at the world of creation. It started out from the minerals and progressed, in an ingenious, gradual manner, to plants and animals. The last stage of minerals is connected with the first stage of plants, such as herbs and seedless plants. The last stage of plants, such as palms and vines, is connected with the first stage of animals, such as snails and shellfish which have only the power of touch. The word 'connection' with regard to these created things means that the last stage of each group is fully prepared to become the first stage of the newest group.

The animal world then widens, its species become numerous, and, in a gradual process of creation, it finally leads to man, who is able to think and reflect. The higher stage of man is reached from the world of monkeys, in which both sagacity and perception are found, but which has not reached the stage of actual reflection and thinking. At this point we come to the first stage of man. This is as far as our (physical) observation extends.

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

SEid

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 06:16:27 AM »
No such thing as evolution. It's obvious that the original code/program was there with precise 4-bit chemical instructions to divide/copy itself (i.e. backups , replication, error correcting code, delete functions to use computing language) which is all software and little to do with hardware and the 92 natural elements.

Impossible to leave minerals and gases "rubbing" for billions of years and all of a sudden they "awaken" start talking back at you. What happens over time is devolution where parts of the genetic code get damaged as in the case of cancer and other parts of the code adapts or get amplified (e.g. body building or adapting to climate change) while other parts remain dormant. This is easily verified by looking at a growing cell in a baby or a plant; simply add water and it sprouts!

No, the original code was sprinkled on the earth and what a fantastic program and designer.

Peace

Student of Allah

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 06:27:18 AM »
Hello SEid,

Even though I thank you for sharing your view. May be you misunderstood what I was looking for. I was looking for opinions on Evolution. Not kinds of stuff where a tornado flying through a junkyard ends up creating a F-22 Raptor. I dont know you well enough so its difficult for me to understand where you stand, but if I have to base it on your post(one line is enough):

Impossible to leave minerals and gases "rubbing" for billions of years and all of a sudden they "awaken" start talking back at you.

From the above, it looks like you are talking about a process similar to the F-22 analogy that I have provided. So , in this age of lightning fast internet, it would be better if you get access to books/materials on Evolution and study the basics and come back to tell us your opinion :)

Forgive me if I am mistaken somewhere, I am only a human being :)

Respect.

----------------------- Student of Allah

Magnus

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 06:37:53 AM »
Well, as far as I know that the selection is natural and the mutation is random but not random in a blind way. Its directed by the environment and circumstance the creature goes through in it's lifetime.

I don't think it's a passive process is all. Lets assume that a particle of cosmic radiation can strike a chromosome in a seed, altering its genetic code and lead to some trait in the plant that will carry over to its descendants. God is surely all-knowing. God is the origin of the cosmic radiation, the DNA, everything. God can alter his creation in any way He chooses.  God brings life and death to everything that lives.

God knows best.
Peace!
It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

SEid

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 08:47:45 AM »
Hello Student,

From the above, it looks like you are talking about a process similar to the F-22 analogy that I have provided. So , in this age of lightning fast internet, it would be better if you get access to books/materials on Evolution and study the basics and come back to tell us your opinion :)

All I have to do is look at my Koi fish pond see "the programmed" creatures as old as the earth...

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/bacteria/cyanointro.html

Cyanobacteria are aquatic and photosynthetic, that is, they live in the water, and can manufacture their own food. Because they are bacteria, they are quite small and usually unicellular, though they often grow in colonies large enough to see. They have the distinction of being the oldest known fossils, more than 3.5 billion years old, in fact! It may surprise you then to know that the cyanobacteria are still around; they are one of the largest and most important groups of bacteria on earth.

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 02:29:03 PM »
I would like to know my the point of view of the members of this site on the subject of Evolution.
By Evolution I mean , Darwinian evolution, evolution by natural selection.

It's true... "Survival Of The Fittest".

For homo sapiens, there's additional criterion..
"Survival Of The Nicest"
Those who are wicked shall be destroyed and their genes and/or social culture shall extinct..
The Ad, Thamud, just to name a few.. and there's also the Incan, Mayan, Aztecs, Nazi Facism..

Soon to be eradicated .. the sectarians, the religio-facism...
Secularism (Non-sectarianism) is on the rise while sectarianism are on demise.. slowly but sure..
http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2009-09-22-no-religion_N.htm

Salam / Peace

Student of Allah

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 05:07:04 PM »
Hello Student,

All I have to do is look at my Koi fish pond see "the programmed" creatures as old as the earth...

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/bacteria/cyanointro.html

Cyanobacteria are aquatic and photosynthetic, that is, they live in the water, and can manufacture their own food. Because they are bacteria, they are quite small and usually unicellular, though they often grow in colonies large enough to see. They have the distinction of being the oldest known fossils, more than 3.5 billion years old, in fact! It may surprise you then to know that the cyanobacteria are still around; they are one of the largest and most important groups of bacteria on earth.

Salam SEid,

Earliest life emerged from 4.5-3.5 Billion years ago. And that is well known i believe. One must stop and think that we are talking in BILLIONS of years. a difference of 1 Billion year can not be thought of as similar to difference of a decade. Billion is a huge number.

Anyways, the ingredients of life are still around us, it is adaptation that drives the wheel and makes new kinds of life. So, if the ingredients of life can be present today in the world, i dont see why early forms of simple life "Must" extinct. Evolution is not extinction of a species. Rather, bio diversity.

Let me share something funny : For some people fossils are not valid evidences unless it is against evolution ;)

Peace
Allah knows best

--------------------- Student of Allah