Author Topic: sallaa, musallee, as-salaat, salaat, as-sala - discussion  (Read 1624 times)

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
sallaa, musallee, as-salaat, salaat, as-sala - discussion
« on: May 20, 2011, 03:47:04 AM »
peace,

From another thread:

Quote from: progod
Peace,

Sorry to stick a wrench in all this but a meaning of Salat and a point of the use of salla/tasliya (II) was missed. Sallaa and musallee have directly to do with performing As-Salaat or doing something related to as-sala. Salaat is understood as prayer, blessing and/or petition (asking for something), hence the meaning of sallaa being to ask/petition, to bless and to pray. For those who get confused about petition just think about the Elizabethan phrase "I pray tell", which is basicallly "I ask you to tell." So sallaa as in to adhere is NOT connected to Salaat but to as-sala. As-sala means 'hocks or hind area', which is why sallaa in addition to following close beHIND or better yet 'tailing' also means anal sex. Yes I know that might seem over the top but it IS another meaning of the word sallaa and tasliyah. So we have got to understand that sallaa and tasliyah (which can also be used for prayer but is considered rare) can either refer directly to Salaat (prayer, petition, oral (but possibly physical) blessing) or it can refer to actions associated with the hind area, like tailing, especially horses tailing each other, following beHIND or even anal sex. That's all I have to say on the matter. It's up to you to take the best meaning, the worse, or to try to invent and hence falisfy a new meaning.

Godbless,
Anwar 

Your statement needs clarification. Your quotes, then my summary:

Sallaa and musallee have directly to do with performing As-Salaat or doing something related to as-sala.

So we have got to understand that sallaa and tasliyah can either refer directly to Salaat or it can refer to actions associated with as-sala

sallaa in addition to following close beHIND or better yet 'tailing'

sallaa (following close behind, tailing), musallee, tasliyah  ----related to--->  as-salaat / salaat/ as-sala

Seems to contradict:

Quote from: progod
So sallaa as in to adhere is NOT connected to Salaat but to as-sala.

Please clarify.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org