Author Topic: baby and toddler books about God?  (Read 5757 times)

ay

• Truth Seeker
baby and toddler books about God?
« on: February 15, 2011, 11:49:16 AM »
Salam all...

I was wondering whether anyone can recommend any nice board books about God?

I have one called Thank You God which is lovely, but was hoping for a few more....

Any ideas?

Thanks!
if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor

Rana

• Truth Seeker
Re: baby and toddler books about God?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 02:57:42 PM »
 :peace: ay

I'm sorry I can't. My children are older now and we never had anything like that. InshAllah you'll get some advice from someone else. When your children get a little older though there is a series of books that are quite well priced called 'Quran stories for Little Hearts'. They are from Goodword Books. They're quite well priced and base on Quran, even having surahs listed at the end of each book so that you can read further with The Quran.

Rana
The middle path is the way to wisdom.
Rumi

ay

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 03:42:10 PM »
thanks rana.... what age are those quran for little hearts stories appropriate for?
if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor

Rana

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 06:31:29 PM »
You're welcome. Well I started getting them when my youngest was about 3 and at that time I would read to them. But now my youngest is 6 and so my children can read to me. Of course the youngest still needs help with some words but they are similar to the kind of readers you get from schools when they're learning. Not a first reader but perhaps for a child who has advanced a little. Actually I'm glad you brought this up because we haven't been using them much lately and I think I'll get them out again.  :peace:
The middle path is the way to wisdom.
Rumi

MUNZIR ALI

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 11:19:39 PM »
I advise that you keep children below the age of five unaware of God.

MUNZIR ALI

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 12:29:57 AM »
Fear is not the best thing for young children.

Emil

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 06:12:09 AM »
I advise that you keep children below the age of five unaware of God.

I agree, but I would go even further and state that children should not be introduced to God until their own curiousity awakens. They must be able to comprehend the idea of searching their own heart and mind, otherwise they will just follow blindly what their parents follow.

MUNZIR ALI

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 12:06:23 PM »
I agree, but I would go even further and state that children should not be introduced to God until their own curiousity awakens. They must be able to comprehend the idea of searching their own heart and mind, otherwise they will just follow blindly what their parents follow.
  :bravo: yes, I was thinking about that. I was trying to be polite to the topic poster.

ay

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 01:45:31 PM »
Why would I scare them about God? What does fear have to do with it?
Whats the harm in talking about creation?

SarahY

• Global Moderator
  • Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 04:01:50 PM »

Children are introduced to God from their environment, even if their parents don't teach them anything they go to play groups, school etc. they hear about it, events happen in relation to religions etc. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with teaching children your concept of God. Most children imitate their parents with regards to many things that's not necessarily bad or "brain washing". It's part of how we learn. As we get older we enquire and make our own decisions.

Sorry Ay I don't know of any, try your local islamic bookshop? have a look through their collection or maybe even Amazon.
We all have blind spots.
Follow your heart but take your brain with you.
ambiguity is there for a reason, why do you think?
We're all different, so how can we all be equal?