News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Anybody in s'pore or nearby?

Started by thriae82, January 31, 2011, 12:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ade_cool

Nice story ...I believe this should have been posted in "How I came to God Alone" section :)

Quote from: ungka on February 23, 2011, 03:09:24 AM
TQ ^_^

salam,

Try to make it a short one  ;)
(And sorry for bad English from now till end of the post)

I?m not sure myself at which point (when) I?m considered as a god-alone-er
Well it?s around Jun/July 2010 I went to Singapore with my friend to attend the asian-forex-exhibition
And that would be the start of my turning point.

On the way back of the trip, we had a small discussion/debate about religion specifically about hadith genuineness
I didn't know she is a truth-seeker and we had an armature?s (non-scholar) debate since I?m just a normal Malaysian Sunni

Consider myself not super (obsess & I?m always right kind of person) the debate ends as we both heading back home.
However I still had the debate in my mind, at home, shared with my wife on what I experienced that day and we put a small thoughts and questionings
(But of course at this point still thinking about how come my truth-seeker friend could not see how I (Sunni) see it)

I don?t quite remember the details of the event. It?s just that the debate lingers in my mind for few days before it cooled off.
What bothers me is the fact that stoning contradict with lashes is so obvious for one to see. (I didn?t notice too)
Also wondering how prophet performed solat when he?s alive? (When reciting syahadah during solat was brought up during debate)
Perhaps I don?t bother much (about punishment in Islam) since I don?t deal with that subject throughout my everyday life
But I guess solat is very common, it?s in the 5 pillars. How could it be wrong?

Well, I?m back to normal life then but I?m restless thinking about can I do this? Is it wrong to give a thought on stuff like this?
What if this is a cult then? Am I going to hell? (At that moment I?m thinking of those that got busted doing a cult, Malaysia always has cult movement going on)
What if this is the answer to my prayers? What if this is the truth/guidance but I ignore it? Will I get a second chance later or I?m finished?
So I continue to pray for a straight path and guidance after solat (since I?ve been taught not to recite other stuff during solat)
And of course in my native tongue, since I?m against the idea of memorizing Arabic-do?a and reciting do?a with others. Why should I recite do?a with others when my needs/requests might differ from theirs? And why in a language that one doesn?t understand? Shouldn?t we mean (feel) it rather than just recite for the sake of reciting it?

Anyway, what motivated me to look up on Quran was heaven and hell.
Why heaven and hell? I think maybe due to our final destination is the ultimate answer thus I will need to start from where I plan to end forever. :p
I?ve always one sided (sunni is the righteous one) when it comes to religion but that time (after the debate) I become more open and accepting.
I found thread from Indonesian forum talking about heaven and hell (difficult to read though). I found a post totally different from what I?ve been taught in school
Stated that once heaven/hell, then forever there instead of ?Muslim will eventually end up in heaven after punishment is done and kafirs will be forever in hell?
(Now I think the answer for this is: Whether heaven or hell, it?s a God?s will. So basically no one can (have the right to) tell)

After sometimes, I look up the internet and discovers local site named Bacaan, a God & Quran alone site.
While at the same time my truth-seeker friend provides the free-minds link.
I don?t really use FM at that time (even now)  :P no offense it?s just I?m not actively posting stuffs since I prefer talk/chat in person.

So it?s the end since I want to make it short.
Bottom line, thank God, thanks to my friend, and to myself for being open for the debate and to give a thought rather than run away from thinking. I couldn't picture how restless I was at that moment. But that leads to this path.
Peace.

But I would love to add few lines:
Since the debate until now, I?ve been reading articles and threads about solat & stuffs and it sometimes bothers me.
But I forgot that I should back to Quran, study and seek for guidance from God. Not to simply/blindly accept others, (this will be no different from blindly following scholars) and my worries reduced.
Perhaps I should start to draw my own way of life to live a Muslim?s way of life
And hope I'll be guided by Allah

Haseenababu

Salam,

I'm from Kuala Lumpur.....I have friends in JB, Penang and KL as well.

Hope to meet u soon, Insya Allah. Planning to come to S'pore during Raya (Eidh) Holiday.

Regards,
Haseena
Life is beautiful if you follow the correct path!

SOFEE

Hi....

I am from Jakarta and newbaby here too..^_^

Layth

Salam,

I will be in Kuala Lumpur from July 6-11.

If any individuals would like to meet, or if there is a God alone group - please drop me a line.
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

Haseenababu

Quote from: Layth on June 28, 2011, 10:47:16 AM
Salam,

I will be in Kuala Lumpur from July 6-11.

If any individuals would like to meet, or if there is a God alone group - please drop me a line.

Great!

I'll ask my other friends in KL if they can make it but during weekend.  9th July - Saturday ???

Regards
Haseena

Haseenababu

Salam people,

As per Layth's visiting to Kuala Lumpur, I only have few friends here. Anyone else would like to join us?

Just remembered that 9th July (Saturday) is impossible to go to Kuala Lumpur as there will be a rally going on.

10th July would be the ideal date as it is Sunday and we can meet up as early as at 11am? So that anyone from other state could go back to their hometown as early as possible by 3pm?

Just a suggestion.

Anyone interested can just add me through FB and we can communicate through FB inbox.

Regards,
Haseena

san

Hi Haseena,

What kind of rally? the one with cars or the one with banners?

True Love waits forever -- some just choose to fall in love sooner than some others. And the rest is by the way... nothing.

san

True Love waits forever -- some just choose to fall in love sooner than some others. And the rest is by the way... nothing.

Haseenababu