News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Which forum archetype are you?

Started by savage_carrot, December 29, 2010, 11:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savage_carrot

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2005/11/which-online-discussion-archetype-are-you.html

Have you ever been frustrated/completely mad at a poster? Or loved someone's balanced posts? Maybe thought that they really reminded you of someone? Now you can read the archetypes and pigeonhole as you see fit, perhaps even a bit of mix and match!! Maybe you have some undiscovered archetypes of your own? Don't hesitate to share.

This is a therapeutic thread btw. It was created to bring zen into the reader's life. To soothe the soul...After countless hours of reading forums, one really does need some peace and understanding.
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

nsws1988

The perv one is funny!  :laugh: And no that is definitely not me so don't worry.

Halil

It could be hard for someone to make that judgement on oneself, often i feel one could be a bit delusional about who they really are and how they are perceived.

I think itd be interesting however how other forum members classify people that they know.   :D
God is the light of all on high and all on earth. An example of His light is like a niche that contains a lamp, that lamp being in a certain kind of glass. And it is as if that glass were a brilliant star, lit from some blessed olive tree, neither western nor eastern. The oil of that tree will almost shine without being touched by any flame.  He is a light above any light, and guides to His light whoever wants it and whomever He wishes to bring to it. God gives metaphors for the benefit of people and is discerning of all things.

Quran - 24:35

nsws1988

^ good point. I can't decide where I fit but I did recognise a couple on this forum  ;)

CavemanDoctor

Quote from: nsws1988 on December 30, 2010, 12:58:47 PM
^ good point. I can't decide where I fit but I did recognise a couple on this forum  ;)

Then spill.  No need to be bashful.

I think savage_carrot is clearly Big Cat with some Evil Clown thrown in.
[url="http://www4.ncsu.edu/unity/lockers/users/f/felder/public/kenny/papers/bell.html"]Most profound scientific discovery ever[/url]

san

Quote from: nsws1988 on December 30, 2010, 11:02:03 AM
The perv one is funny!  :laugh: And no that is definitely not me so don't worry.

Prove It

True Love waits forever -- some just choose to fall in love sooner than some others. And the rest is by the way... nothing.

savage_carrot

CD would be the diplomat/philosopher with splashes of eagle scout...and maybe a bit of lurker.

Wakas def is tireless rebutter :P

I'm finding it hard to come up with matches for others, but I'm sure I know innocence abused, artful dodger and an artiste...and we have more than our share of pinko's.

I do think a sub categorisation of the Atheist/Deacon could def be done based on religious forums exp.
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

rraza

hell...is simply an absence of God

AK85

Listen, and understand! That Terminator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

We here have different views from salaat, to haj, to qibla to shirk to many fiqh issues. But there is something that binds us all, is we take our deen from the Quran and we recognize its authority over anything else. - BigMo

scaredmuslimah

Coffee Klatch here...100%.  It's already happened once on the forum...someone pushed my button and WHAMMO!  I let them have it.  :laugh: