News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Wikileaks exposes yet more documents!!!

Started by Wakas, November 28, 2010, 02:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakas

Not often I use exclamation marks, but with the recent release of classified documents by Wikileaks I cant help myself!

An example: The King of Saudi Arabia urging the US to attack Iran

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/28/us-embassy-cable-leak-diplomacy-crisis

I wonder what else will be discovered.

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Prince

You beat me to it was going to post this topic. There's quite a few things leaked and it doesn't shock me at all...

The following site has an interactive guide where you can select which country you want to read about in the leaks.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2010/nov/28/us-embassy-cables-wikileaks

Some turbulent times to come ahead now.........be prepared.

PEACE
A book is only as good as it?s reader. Once opened symbols present themselves for the reader to decipher. We learn and relearn new conceptual models to comprehend these symbols. A book is only a tool.

Mushu

I'm not sure about this.  Just like the last set of leaks, there's a suspicion that these were deliberate.  The Iraq leaks portrayed Iran providing weapons and fighters and causing sectarian violence in Iraq.  The result was condemnation of Iran despite the war being fought by America.  This set of leaks again put Iran at the center.  Now the story is that "even the Muslims want war against the Nazi Iran regime".  Showing that Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries want America to invade Iran allows America to step up their rhetoric with a bit more freedom.  They can sell the war as the whole world, including "moderate" Muslim states, vs Iran.
"There is one thing in this world which must never be forgotten. If you were to forget everything else, but this one thing, then you may have no fear; but were you to remember to do every single thing, but forget that one thing, then you would have done nothing at all."  - Jalal Uddin Rumi

[URL=htt

Wakas

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

san

oh.. a third "be careful" post in one single day.

don't just believe because you want to..

True Love waits forever -- some just choose to fall in love sooner than some others. And the rest is by the way... nothing.

Mushu

Quote from: Wakas on November 29, 2010, 06:58:54 PM
Do they mention invasion or an attack?

Attack, as far as I can tell.  I was referring to any future invasion of Iran, where the US can make it look like the Muslim world is also against Iran.  Acording to the Guardian, Israel feels it is vindicated by what the leaks reveal about Iran:  http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/29/wikileaks-claims-psychological-warfare-ahmadinejad.

See what I mean?  Leaks that show the two-faced, dishonest governance of the US is turning into another Iran bashing exercise, similar to the last one.
"There is one thing in this world which must never be forgotten. If you were to forget everything else, but this one thing, then you may have no fear; but were you to remember to do every single thing, but forget that one thing, then you would have done nothing at all."  - Jalal Uddin Rumi

[URL=htt

Wakas

Personally, I dont think its US propaganda, because it embarrasses them in many other situations. One of the best ones was Hilary Clinton telling US diplomats at the UN to spy on others. That's pretty bad.

I did find it interesting some gulf states want Iran nuclear facilities to be attacked though. I can only assume they think if Iran gets nukes, it will make Iran stronger and they may threaten their own countries, but I highly doubt that, because if Iran attacked/invaded any other country it would guarantee their own destruction. I suspect Iran only wants to get nukes so it doesn't get attacked or invaded itself, no aggressive reason. AFAIK Iran has never attacked anyone.

Mushu

I dunno, I'm just really skeptical about this.

Quote from: san on November 29, 2010, 08:49:08 PM
oh.. a third "be careful" post in one single day.

don't just believe because you want to..

What you think san? 

[URL=htt

san

@Mushu, i don't know much about the details.. but what i'm thinking about is the ratio between USA's "disadvantages" and the recurring "vs. Iran" theme. The only clue will be, how much time it will take to "cure" the "disadvantages" or what they say "diplomacy crisis" (that is, USA vs UK, Italy etc) and what remains afterward.

Wikileaks is now kind of a popular media :| and by popular i mean it's sensational! (in its own way that is)

True Love waits forever -- some just choose to fall in love sooner than some others. And the rest is by the way... nothing.

Mushu

Quote from: san on November 30, 2010, 09:17:42 AM
@Mushu, i don't know much about the details.. but what i'm thinking about is the ratio between USA's "disadvantages" and the recurring "vs. Iran" theme. The only clue will be, how much time it will take to "cure" the "disadvantages" or what they say "diplomacy crisis" (that is, USA vs UK, Italy etc) and what remains afterward.

Wikileaks is now kind of a popular media :| and by popular i mean it's sensational! (in its own way that is)

I agree about the ratio point.  But I doubt the ratio will be dictated by the facts i.e. what the leaks actually contain, rather it will be how well the spin is applied.  I have no doubt the Iran theme will prevail.

[URL=htt