Author Topic: Are temporary marriages really part of Islam?  (Read 5041 times)

Wootah

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Are temporary marriages really part of Islam?
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 08:29:38 PM »
Hey just another thought popped into my head.

Are Muslims that were married on Earth still married in Paradise?
I'm a Christian ... just letting you know.

Mushu

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 04:51:24 AM »
What does 4:24 mean?
"There is one thing in this world which must never be forgotten. If you were to forget everything else, but this one thing, then you may have no fear; but were you to remember to do every single thing, but forget that one thing, then you would have done nothing at all."  - Jalal Uddin Rumi

[URL=htt

TAJ

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +5/-3
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 10:31:35 AM »
Looking at it that way, the answer to Wootah's question would be yes - since all marriages will end. But I don't think it was meant that way. Honestly, I thought it would last longer.

The expiry date should be initially agreed on by both parties. If you had no idea when it was going to end and  itcame as a surprise then you haven't been in a temporary (Mut3ah) marriage. You have only been mocked.

Misfar is not the same as Mut3ah.
There is also another thing that is called Al Misyar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikah_Misyar

Wootah

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 02:41:07 PM »
The expiry date should be initially agreed on by both parties. If you had no idea when it was going to end and  itcame as a surprise then you haven't been in a temporary (Mut3ah) marriage. You have only been mocked.

What is a temporary marriage for? How do you express your love fully in a temporary marriage?
I'm a Christian ... just letting you know.

Rana

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 04:17:20 PM »
The expiry date should be initially agreed on by both parties. If you had no idea when it was going to end and  itcame as a surprise then you haven't been in a temporary (Mut3ah) marriage. You have only been mocked.

Mocked?  :hmm  Or maybe you mean that I have been in a failed marriage? That I would agree with.

Ah, I see the info you give is relating to when a man takes on more than one wife...

Wootah, as far as I know there is not supposed to be temporary marriage in Islam. The purposes of it for those who have insisted would, I think, be sexual relations.  ::)
The middle path is the way to wisdom.
Rumi

TAJ

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +5/-3
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 10:00:43 PM »
Mocked?  :hmm  Or maybe you mean that I have been in a failed marriage? That I would agree with.

Ah, I see the info you give is relating to when a man takes on more than one wife...

Wootah, as far as I know there is not supposed to be temporary marriage in Islam. The purposes of it for those who have insisted would, I think, be sexual relations.  ::)

You misunderstood my point.
If you were divorced because your time with him has expired without you knowing the whole deal while he did, then this is not a failed marriage. This is a mockery. He fooled you into believing that you are going to spend the rest of your life with him while in his mind he was planning to leave at a certain time. This is not marriage. This is deception.

Temporary (Mut3ah) marriage and polygamy are not the same thing.

And I would like to add that temporary (Mut3ah) is not necessarily about sex. It can be about convenience. Also it can be a trial period before the couple would decide to make the big commitment: marriage for life.

TAJ

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +5/-3
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 10:08:38 PM »
Marriages fail for all types of reasons and there is no crime/sin in that. But when one partner has an agenda and a plan to use or manipulate or take advantage of their partner then that would be a crime against the unaware, trustful partner.

Rana

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 10:35:00 PM »
You misunderstood my point.
If you were divorced because your time with him has expired without you knowing the whole deal while he did, then this is not a failed marriage. This is a mockery. He fooled you into believing that you are going to spend the rest of your life with him while in his mind he was planning to leave at a certain time. This is not marriage. This is deception.

Yes I see Taj and you're right that is a deception.
Rumi

yesuri2000

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 02:42:45 PM »
And I would like to add that temporary (Mut3ah) is not necessarily about sex. It can be about convenience. Also it can be a trial period before the couple would decide to make the big commitment: marriage for life.

Mut3ah may be promoted as for convenience or for two people to be allowed to get to know each other in a halal way but unfortunately it always comes down to sex for those that practice it. A lot of guys Ive met do it to be able to sleep around. Ive never met anyone yet who done this and didn't sleep with their ''wife''.

I cant see Mut3ah as being part of this religion. It's done and promoted by people who can't control themselves. Islam is not about finding ways to satisfy your sexual urges. Unfortunately a lot of where Mut3ah is practiced and how to do it comes from Hadith.
5:69

Rana

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 09:16:29 PM »
Mut3ah may be promoted as for convenience or for two people to be allowed to get to know each other in a halal way but unfortunately it always comes down to sex for those that practice it. A lot of guys Ive met do it to be able to sleep around. Ive never met anyone yet who done this and didn't sleep with their ''wife''.

I cant see Mut3ah as being part of this religion. It's done and promoted by people who can't control themselves. Islam is not about finding ways to satisfy your sexual urges. Unfortunately a lot of where Mut3ah is practiced and how to do it comes from Hadith.

Common sense tells me this would true, though I have no experience of it myself. I've never met anyone who has had a temporary marriage.
Rumi