News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

God did not create the universe, says Hawking

Started by Noon de Plume, September 02, 2010, 08:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerspi

there will always be people who study yet will come to different conclusions and they will discredit studies other then their own...
there are scientists who confirm there is a higher intelligence (God) that created the universe, other scientists say there is not... who should we believe huh...

Alen

Quote from: Rev.John on September 04, 2010, 12:16:17 PM
This is such a shame. Stephen Hawking has one of the most brilliant minds around, but he fails to answer, or even understand the most fundamental question:- If the universe was created from the, so called, "Big Bang" (was not big, nor was it a bang) that was caused by a small, excessively dense, ball of pure energy, then where did that ball of energy come from? One of the most basic rules of physics is that energy can not be created nor destroyed, it can only be changed. Therefore, that ball of energy (that contained all the energy now distributed throughout the universe) HAD to come from somewhere! Maybe God put it there!

Peace,
Respect.

Just ask him if he can send you any evidence for the non-existance of God.
I heard that UPS works fast, ......lol

Peace.
39:53 Say: ?O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of God\'s mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.?

Rev.John

Quote from: Alen on September 07, 2010, 12:00:07 PM
Peace,
Respect.

Just ask him if he can send you any evidence for the non-existance of God.
I heard that UPS works fast, ......lol

Peace.
:rotfl: :bravo:
[url="http://www.christianchurchofreality.com"]http://www.christianchurchofreality.com[/url]
Only God has the answer and only God knows the truth
www.islandminister.com

Just so you know, I am a God-alone Christian and a Church Minister

Prince

"God did NOT create the universe", says Stephen Hawking. To which God replied, "enjoy your chair".  :rotfl:

PEACE
A book is only as good as it?s reader. Once opened symbols present themselves for the reader to decipher. We learn and relearn new conceptual models to comprehend these symbols. A book is only a tool.

Raaajah

Prince
Quote"God did NOT create the universe", says Stephen Hawking. To which God replied, "enjoy your chair".   :rotfl:

that is inhuman, but what else can we expect from a teenager.
We are at the end of the day Muslims...Neither quranists or free-minders or submitters or sunni or shia or any such nonsence that people use to label. Layth

Tay

Peace Saleh,

You asked/stated:
Quotedid you read his full argument and understand what he based his opinion upon? Did you study his theory and the laws of physics which he used to arrive to his conclusion as much as he studied religion and the possibility of God? I assure you, he did study it and consider it over many years. I am very positive each person will answer "No".

Unfortunately, the amount of time spent studying does not equate to a grasp of the topic. Some people practice DJ'ing for years and still can't match a beat. Millions spend their lives studying their own religions yet fail to see the guidance within. Hawking has demonstrated, with one sentence, that he too is victim to this apparent paradox - that's accepting that he has studied as much spirituality and religion as you claim.

It's evident to me that he's brilliant - in physics, that is. But in understanding God, or accepting or rejecting God, he should probably step aside or just leave the topic out of the equation  ;)

Peace,
Tay
And you see the mountains, you think they are solid, while they are passing by like the clouds. The making of God who perfected everything. He is Expert over what you do. [27:88]

Prince

Quote from: Raaajah on September 07, 2010, 07:48:24 PM
Prince
that is inhuman, but what else can we expect from a teenager.

Posting a joke makes me a teenager  ??? You can do better than that to attack my character mate  ::)
A book is only as good as it?s reader. Once opened symbols present themselves for the reader to decipher. We learn and relearn new conceptual models to comprehend these symbols. A book is only a tool.

Raaajah

QuotePosting a joke makes me a teenager

I don't see any joke in teasing a handicap person?
We are at the end of the day Muslims...Neither quranists or free-minders or submitters or sunni or shia or any such nonsence that people use to label. Layth

Prince

Quote from: Raaajah on September 09, 2010, 07:15:01 PM
I don't see any joke in teasing a handicap person?

I'm not teasing him directly. But I find it offensive for a guy of his caliber to deny the existence of a creator because he's in a position where people will listen to him and for him to claim what he is claiming is outlandish.

george

Quote from: Saleh on September 06, 2010, 06:58:32 PM
First, I want to ask each one of you who disagrees with Hawking, did you read his full argument and understand what he based his opinion upon? Did you study his theory and the laws of physics which he used to arrive to his conclusion as much as he studied religion and the possibility of God? I assure you, he did study it and consider it over many years. I am very positive each person will answer "No".

Just because we don't understand something now, doesn't mean the explanation is supernatural. People 2000 years ago wondered where the earth ends, we now know the answer to that; it has no ends. There is a perfectly reasonable explanation to that; it is spherical (almost). We gained more knowledge and we became able to explain something which seemed just as puzzling then as the question of "How did the universe start?" is now. We might be able to answer this question later, we might not. A divine entity starting the universe is possible, but there is no proof. It is the most widespread theory because most - or all - people don't have enough knowledge to come up with other possible explanations.

I've seen people asking "Who created gravity?" and other questions which expose a general lack of knowledge. The problem I found was the way they asked the question, not the fact they asked it. They actually believe they're much smarter than Hawking. If you believe in Quran, then try to follow what it says. Study the universe and try to understand it.

Well doesnt gravity have to follow a specific law ? and if Hawking is saying  "Because there is a law such as gravity" ...... "the universe can and will create itself from nothing" - , then why shouldnt people ask
"Who created gravity?" and also who created the law on which gravity has to follow?

Do you think laws are created by accident or are done on purpose?

If you agree that laws whether natural or supernatural are created on purpose and not own their own by accident, then for the law of gravity to actually work, who or what was it who made it so it would work?