News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

new article - Quranic terms defined

Started by Wakas, August 05, 2010, 10:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazhar

Quotethat makes no sense. the verse is saying while your attention is on GOD do not approach your wives for SEX as I have been saying in the other thread. There is NO evidence that women were not there at this time either and as Quran is for both genders this is clearly saying when in the Mosque you are Gods, when at home after fasting you have your wife. The verse is regarding fasting so popping off to see the mrs during the day is a no no, while in the mosque your mind is on God and you can approach your wife when you both get home. Do not assocciate with your wife while in the Mosque proves she was also there too.

Mosque is a public place and sex between husband and wife is a private and matter of absolute seculsion. It is permitted in the bed room of the house, at the allowed appointed timings, and not anytime husband or wife has a mood or urge for it.
[url="http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm"]http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm[/url]

Wakas

peace Hadi,

It's from my own notes. Prior to publishing an article, I often make extensive notes, as mentioned in the original post. The quotes are some of them.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Raaajah

ayman
QuoteThis is not a coincidence but I have in the past debated this matter with others, including MSM Saifullah,...

I know that, therefore I quoted him, instead of others.
Let me go over it, once again before commenting, you have some good points, but as I have mentioned, that it would have not necessarily been a building.

But I will repeat my question that I have asked you in past? Why study and understand Quran via Nouns and Pronouns?
What is the meaning of Musa? What is Issa? for example.
We are at the end of the day Muslims...Neither quranists or free-minders or submitters or sunni or shia or any such nonsence that people use to label. Layth

Ayisha

Quote from: Raaajah on August 08, 2010, 01:45:06 AM
ayman
I know that, therefore I quoted him, instead of others.
Let me go over it, once again before commenting, you have some good points, but as I have mentioned, that it would have not necessarily been a building.

But I will repeat my question that I have asked you in past? Why study and understand Quran via Nouns and Pronouns?
What is the meaning of Musa? What is Issa? for example.
They are nouns, a noun is the name of a person, place or thing  ::)
In the name of God, The Compassionate, The Merciful.
Praise be to God, Lord of the Universe,
The Compassionate, The Merciful,
Sovereign of the Day of Judgement!
You alone we worship, and to You alone we turn for help.
Guide us to the straight path,
The path of those You have favoured,
Not of those who have incurred Your wrath,
Nor of those who have gone astray.

abdalquran

Quotekabba = base (as in that which other components stand on) or projection (as in area above others, a thing elevated by rank/honour/glory)
could be delimited by defined borders, hence its other meanings.
Should be noted that this word is only mentioned when the believers' system was at its peak, not prior, i.e. when they were able to establish such a thing.

Wakas, I dont understand how you got to this conclusion. Any textual evidence?
Farouk A. Peru

Wakas

Any textual evidence? Sure...

Going by the contents of chapter 5, it is clear, the believers have established a system, governance, regulations, significant structure etc hence my "peak" statement, or at least, nearing its peak.

My view is based primarily on 5:97, see here:
http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9837.0
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Mazhar

Quotekabba = base (as in that which other components stand on) or projection (as in area above others, a thing elevated by rank/honour/glory)
could be delimited by defined borders, hence its other meanings.
Should be noted that this word is only mentioned when the believers' system was at its peak, not prior, i.e. when they were able to establish such a thing.

There is no such word in Grand Qur'aan with two consonants "b". In accordance with stress rules, though stress is on the last but first letter, yet it is not double "b" but one with vowel. The actual word is  الْكَعْبَةِ and has nothing to do with such like thoughts of "base or projection". The definite noun is in Possessive Phrase with construct noun بَالِغَ which also stands as definite because of الْكَعْبَة. So it can't mean, by any stretch of imagination, anything other than a specific place/building.

And second occurrence is

And it leaves no room for anyone little conversant with Arabic that it is nothing but a specific demarcated place.
[url="http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm"]http://haqeeqat.pk/index.htm[/url]

abdalquran

Quote from: Wakas on August 08, 2010, 09:45:57 AM
Any textual evidence? Sure...

Going by the contents of chapter 5, it is clear, the believers have established a system, governance, regulations, significant structure etc hence my "peak" statement, or at least, nearing its peak.

Aha, I prefer to think of kaabah as a base and masjid al-aqsa as the peak. The base, like the ankles, is what you stand on where as the utmost (aqsa, furthermost) is what implies peak.

@Mazhar:

Sure al-kaabah refers to someplace specific and the specificity is determined by the phrase 'qiyaaman li an-naas' and not to any place just because it's called 'kaabah'.
Farouk A. Peru

javed1

Dear Waqas and everyone at Free-minds
Salam
Thanks for bottling up the confusion in one post.I know that each of those words have tremendous value in understanding A.Q and implementing its message in our lives.Over the years I have by and large followed the intense debates around the meaning of each of these words and after all this, here we are ,with almost all the concepts in 'slashes' with the possibility of multiple and sometimes queer meanings.A cola and water can never be the same.
I know that there are grave defects in the traditional understanding of A.Q but if this is what the A.Q alone movement has to offer by way of understanding(And I know it is closer to the truth) I welcome myself from the fire into the frying pan.
Javed  

Raaajah

Ayisha
QuoteThey are nouns, a noun is the name of a person, place or thing   
You are a "clever" lady, but why pick and chose? any law for picking and chosing? that was my question?   

We are at the end of the day Muslims...Neither quranists or free-minders or submitters or sunni or shia or any such nonsence that people use to label. Layth