News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Democracy is Haram?

Started by Wootah, July 04, 2010, 10:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wootah

Spoken in Australia by a Muslim to a general meeting of Muslims.

http://www.news.com.au/national/islamist-leader-burhan-hanif-tells-aussie-muslims-told-to-shun-democracy/story-e6frfkvr-1225887784755

Seriously? Freedom is haram now? I guess the moderate Muslims will denounce this?

It makes me so angry to see people escape to a better life only to bring their problems with them.
I'm a Christian ... just letting you know.

Ayisha

I wonder why they dont go and live in Saudi Arabia where they can live happily being told what to do/think/wear/say by those who claim its Gods Law?  ::)

I liked this reply:
shahin P of melbourne  Posted at 2:19 PM Today

i as a muslim born, and fled islamic fundamentalist state, Iran totally believe that who is not abiding by Australian law, should be sent out to their own country ! that is including ladies with hejab! i find it disturbing that if a western lady goes to islamic state should abide by their islamic law (totally made up -not written in quran) and wear hijab!!! so what i am trying to say, fundamental muslims dont belong here and more than welcome to leave us alone! i am a very spiritual person and am finding all these ignitions from the group very spiteful ! Australia has opened up its arms to welcome us from all walks of life by embracing us. we all are trying to live together and learn about each other . i have Israeli jewish friends and muslims friends and i love them all dearly! most of them share my view! i am totally disturbed by all these cross fires by fundamentalists . this country is secular society and lets keep it that way!

In the name of God, The Compassionate, The Merciful.
Praise be to God, Lord of the Universe,
The Compassionate, The Merciful,
Sovereign of the Day of Judgement!
You alone we worship, and to You alone we turn for help.
Guide us to the straight path,
The path of those You have favoured,
Not of those who have incurred Your wrath,
Nor of those who have gone astray.

Alen

Peace,
Respect.

Democracy and communism are not the Law of God but if I had to choose between the two, I would definetely choose, without a thought - democracy. Democracy allows Islam to grow, to exist, you can practice Quranic duties and simply be yourself, Thank God, AlhamdilAllah, Hvala Uzvisenome Bogu.

In communism, which is closer to being a cult, you cannot be yourself. It's according to the majority or no way. I know because I lived in Jugoslavia. Yugoslavia has falled apart, Thank God, according to Quran 13:41. Quran has warned us that communism will fall apart.

13:41 Do they not see that We come to the land and reduce it from its ends? And God gives judgment and there is none to override His judgment. And He is swift to reckoning.
May God bless you all.
Keep up the prayers.

Peace.
39:53 Say: ?O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of God\'s mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.?

Wootah

Quote from: Alen on July 05, 2010, 06:55:34 AM
Peace,
Respect.

Democracy and communism are not the Law of God but if I had to choose between the two, I would definetely choose, without a thought - democracy. Democracy allows Islam to grow, to exist, you can practice Quranic duties and simply be yourself, Thank God, AlhamdilAllah, Hvala Uzvisenome Bogu.

In communism, which is closer to being a cult, you cannot be yourself. It's according to the majority or no way. I know because I lived in Jugoslavia. Yugoslavia has falled apart, Thank God, according to Quran 13:41. Quran has warned us that communism will fall apart.

13:41 Do they not see that We come to the land and reduce it from its ends? And God gives judgment and there is none to override His judgment. And He is swift to reckoning.
May God bless you all.
Keep up the prayers.

Peace.

And if there was an Islamic state you would end democracy? I mean, you do realise that potentially Islam can shrink as well?

Wakas

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Wootah

Sirius

Wootah, I've seen two of your posts and both claim that people have escaped to a better life only to (insert grievance here). Please keep in mind that there are a hell of a lot of converts who also stand for these things, the much older escapee first gen are actually a lot more moderate then their children which is why they left to 'seek a better life', it is the 2nd and 3rd generation calling for these things. Also, your concept of 'better' is kind of skewed. People are seeking freedom and a better standard of living depends on that. That is the freedom to dislike democracy (it's not a crime), to pull your children from music or sex ed lessons, freedom to play every instrument under the sun if you should so choose, freedom to cover your hair, to wear next to nothing, to dance in the streets. Living under 'democracy' = better  than the choices 'back home' ;) however freedom to say you don't like it = best. Is it really that difficult to fathom that some people born to this way or life might not see all aspects of it as supreme or 'better'?
"There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking."

jaythikay99

SarahY

HT have their agenda, who said "democracy" = "freedom"?

Not everything we have is based on democratic ruling, this system was developed from years of history and influences.

As submitters to God our laws should be based on God's law. having saying that, there's no compulsion in religion and it doesn't mean you can't live in another country.

Wootah there are lots of muslims who don't have a problem with democracy though democracy isn't always just.

Peace.
We all have blind spots.
Follow your heart but take your brain with you.
ambiguity is there for a reason, why do you think?
We're all different, so how can we all be equal?

Ayisha

Quote from: RasulHamsa on July 05, 2010, 07:55:45 AM
Democracy is good!

Aww thats nice, such a wonderful desplay of piety and tollerance  ;D
In the name of God, The Compassionate, The Merciful.
Praise be to God, Lord of the Universe,
The Compassionate, The Merciful,
Sovereign of the Day of Judgement!
You alone we worship, and to You alone we turn for help.
Guide us to the straight path,
The path of those You have favoured,
Not of those who have incurred Your wrath,
Nor of those who have gone astray.