Author Topic: 2:253 explaination  (Read 760 times)

dn1

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
2:253 explaination
« on: April 22, 2020, 01:58:54 PM »
In Al-Baqarah in says:

Those are the messengers
We gave preference to some over others

Who are the messengers that were given preference to? I assume the Ulul-Azm (Noah, Ibrahim, Musa, Isa and Mohammad)

I saw another verse which said not to differentiate between Messengers, but here is says that some Messengers have preference over others? So I assume that the Messengers who bought the Law of God have preference?

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-1
Re: 2:253 explaination
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 01:00:36 AM »
It is a reciprocal construction. Some over others in something others over some in something. Each messenger has a specific mission, in that mission, and all that it entails he is better than others who do not have that mission, and that works for each one of them. So it is perfectly matching that and not to make any distinction between them. It is like an orchestra, each instrument is btter than others in its function, and the other way around. God does not prefer any over others or one people over another. Each being has its own value which is hers or his.

Salaam

ade_cool

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: 2:253 explaination
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 11:32:30 AM »
In Al-Baqarah in says:

Those are the messengers
We gave preference to some over others

Who are the messengers that were given preference to? I assume the Ulul-Azm (Noah, Ibrahim, Musa, Isa and Mohammad)

I saw another verse which said not to differentiate between Messengers, but here is says that some Messengers have preference over others? So I assume that the Messengers who bought the Law of God have preference?

Salam dn1,

In His side, yes messengers have ranks ...some are above others.

However for our side, this is what Quran teaches

[2:136] Say: “We believe in God and in what was sent down to us and what was sent down to Abram, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob,  and the Patriarchs, and what was given to Moses and Jesus, and what was given to the prophets from their Lord without making distinction between any of them and to Him we submit.”

Making distinction between any of messengers is not characteristic of believers.

[40:78] And We have sent messengers before you. Some of them We have narrated to you, and some We did not narrate to you. And it was  not given to any messenger that he should bring a sign except  with the permission of God. So, when the judgment of God is  issued, the matter is decided with the truth, and the followers of  falsehood will be lost.

And since there are messengers not narrated to us, then we really don't have the "shortlist" of which messengers are in higher ranks.

Wassalam,
Ade