Author Topic: Astrology  (Read 10146 times)

sarah_bd_gemini

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Astrology
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2010, 08:50:38 AM »
Rising Sign   is in   17 Degrees   Leo
You love to be the center of attention and you want to appear strong, confident and dominant. You are very proud of yourself, sometimes quite vain even. When all around you are bedraggled and falling apart, you look like a million bucks! Very dignified and honorable, you enjoy the power and privilege, but not the responsibilities, that come with leadership. You are very idealistic but can also be quite stubborn. Others impress you only if they have integrity (but wealth, power and influence can also turn your head). You prefer rich, elegant surroundings and possessions, and will try to acquire them as your budget allows. Physically, you are very impressive - - at your best you have a regal, charismatic demeanor and bearing. Try not to be such a showoff!

totally off

Sun is in   04 Degrees   Gemini.
You have a quick, bright and agile mind, but an extremely short attention span. You love the external, kaleidoscopic aspects of life, but you tend to avoid (and even fear) deep, close emotional involvements. As such, you seem to enjoy travel and sightseeing and generally being "on-the-go." You get quite listless when things around you become static and dull, but your excitement returns whenever you are stimulated by a new idea. Chatty, inquisitive and quite playful, you enjoy practical jokes and games in general. Your moods change quickly and often -- you are very restless and constantly in motion. You are known for your versatility and adaptability. Your vivaciousness enlivens any social gathering.

mostly off

Moon is in   28 Degrees   Capricorn.
You are serious and shy and very uncomfortable in those situations where spontaneous and exuberant emotional reactions seem called for. An achiever, you prefer doing practical, worthwhile things that produce tangible results. You need role models to respect, love and emulate. You tend to feel that you're a failure unless you get an important and highly respected position in life. Don't be so hard on yourself! For you, practical needs always win out over emotional considerations. Remember that you too have the right to comfort, security and love. Dutiful and patient, when you make an emotional commitment, you sign on for the long haul -- your love is long- enduring.

half off

Mercury is in   01 Degrees   Gemini.
Your mind is active, quick and agile. You are very restless and you get bored easily. Unless you receive constant mental stimulation, you become extremely nervous and begin to act in an unstable manner. You are probably a good student because of your natural inquisitiveness. You also love to travel. Your learning tends to be superficial, though, because you have a relatively short attention span. Try to develop the mental discipline to finish what you start. Also, you tend to talk on at times seemingly just to fill space -- make sure that your conversation has some substance to it or others will start avoiding you.

mostly off

Venus is in   17 Degrees   Gemini.
You are friendly, warm, open and tolerant toward others. You love variety in relationships, indeed you may even prefer to maintain more than one relationship at a time! Very witty and humorous, you have the ability to amuse and please others. This makes you quite popular. You love to play the field and thus find it difficult to settle down and make any deep emotional commitments. Your innate charm and vivacity makes you welcome most everywhere you go.

half off

Mars is in   16 Degrees   Cancer.
Your moods are very important to your overall well-being. You are confident and self-assertive when you are feeling upbeat, and you are retiring, irritable and grumpy when you get depressed about anything. Very sensitive, you wear your heart on your sleeve. You are easily angered whenever you think someone has slighted you. It is best for you to show your anger immediately and let it all out, rather than to try to hold it in or to hold grudges for a long time. You're extremely loyal and defensive of your family, neighborhood, community and culture.

this is so general. and the specific parts are off as well

Jupiter is in   15 Degrees   Gemini.
You have a logical, detached, objective view of most things. Your interests are wide-ranging and you are an avid student, with expertise in many different areas. You love to work things out in your mind -- everything you do is reduced to an exercise in logic and reason. You have the ability to grasp abstractions and to deal successfully with the larger issues of life. Your overemphasis on developing your powerful intellect can cause your emotional and intuitive abilities to atrophy unless you consciously choose to exercise them.

only the logical part is accurate

Saturn is in   13 Degrees   Capricorn.
Very serious-minded and mature, you have the ability to take on responsibilities and to carry out important duties. You can also be trusted to be extremely practical and thrifty. A good organizer, you are the ideal one to be counted on to take a clearly defined project through to its logical conclusion. An achiever, you pride yourself on your ability to focus your attention totally on some worthy goal and then attain it.

organisation is not my strong point

Uranus is in   04 Degrees   Capricorn.
You, and your peer group as well, seek out practical solutions to a changing society's attitudes to customs, traditions and authority structures. Your logical and orderly manner of dealing with these matters will result in permanent and carefully planned, but sweeping, reforms.

Seriously?

Neptune is in   11 Degrees   Capricorn.
You, and your entire generation, will idealize work, practicality and the ability to attain reasonable goals. But, because you will also stress the need to be selfless and giving, you may find it difficult to attain your goals unless you have lowered your expectations on all fronts.

could it be more general?

Pluto is in   13 Degrees   Scorpio.
For your entire generation, this is a period of intense research and discovery in areas that were heretofore considered mysterious, remote or taboo. The root causes for many complex occurrences will be unearthed due to the intensity and thoroughness of the search.

isn't that true for the entirety of the past 70 years or so?

N. Node is in   29 Degrees   Aquarius.
As long as someone else (or a group or organization) appeals to your intellectual sensibilities, you'll try to ally yourself with them in some way. You may find that you always seem to get involved with many wide-ranging groups -- so much so that you find it difficult to fit them all into your busy schedule. Your many friends and acquaintances provide you with needed stimulation. You're loyal and fair-minded -- you try to spend time equally with all your friends, never concentrating on just one or two for any length of time. Although probably quite conservative yourself, you're attracted to those who are a bit offbeat or eccentric -- you enjoy watching their minds work.

mostly off

This is worse than someone blindly guessing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect

(The Great Reading: Al-Qur'an 17:36) And never concern thyself with anything of which thou hast no knowledge,  verily, [thy] hearing and sight and heart - all of them - will be called to account for it [on Judgment Day]!

AK85

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2010, 12:11:43 AM »
I don't what to say except that I don't have much to say either when I make a guess about someone's sign or temperament and I'm right? I can't argue with that. It's not hard for me to guess fixed sign alignments, especially when it comes to people's moon alignments.
Listen, and understand! That Terminator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

We here have different views from salaat, to haj, to qibla to shirk to many fiqh issues. But there is something that binds us all, is we take our deen from the Quran and we recognize its authority over anything else. - BigMo

Alen

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +11/-2
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2010, 04:35:53 AM »
Peace,
Respect.

I don't believe that astrology has any impact on our lives and my personal opinion is that this thing is just mere statistc.
I mean, it's easy to pile up all the info on people let's say born in January. And then find common denominators and then give people what they wanna hear.
I remember when this liar said to my father that he will receive a lot of money soon. He was looking at my father's palm ..... :confused:
Of course, he's gonna get  alot of money because of all the blisters and you can see the dirt on his hand, of course he's gonna get lots of money, it would be a crime if he didn't.

No disrespect.
May God guide us all on The Straight Path.
Peace.
39:53 Say: ?O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of God\'s mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.?

AK85

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2010, 05:47:20 AM »
Peace,
Respect.

I don't believe that astrology has any impact on our lives and my personal opinion is that this thing is just mere statistc.
I mean, it's easy to pile up all the info on people let's say born in January. And then find common denominators and then give people what they wanna hear.
I remember when this liar said to my father that he will receive a lot of money soon. He was looking at my father's palm ..... :confused:
Of course, he's gonna get  alot of money because of all the blisters and you can see the dirt on his hand, of course he's gonna get lots of money, it would be a crime if he didn't.

No disrespect.
May God guide us all on The Straight Path.
Peace.

peace

of course, I don't believe in the future telling aspect of it, but with my own experience the personality profile aspect can be accurate, in my experience anyway
Listen, and understand! That Terminator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

We here have different views from salaat, to haj, to qibla to shirk to many fiqh issues. But there is something that binds us all, is we take our deen from the Quran and we recognize its authority over anything else. - BigMo

stan-b.

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2010, 01:08:03 PM »
Coming from a prior Christian background, I think this passage fits astrology well in the light of God's view: Isaiah 8:19 & 20:  And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
I am sure the quran also speaks against astrology, just need more familiarity.
Studying the Quran - it's the path to follow.

AK85

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2010, 07:13:37 PM »
Being completely honest, I think all of us can say when we read certain commandments in the Qu'ran we perhaps may say "I agree with/like this passage, this passage is something I believed in practicing before I decided to become muslim/even read the Qu'ran. This passage confirms a goodness/ethic that I want to practice" Along with passages which go against our desires but we must practice anyways. For example as an Aquarius I feel no restraint in challenging and questioning authority but this is must be controlled, as I must respect and obey my parents and not sound ungrateful and negative even though my desires as an Aquarius is to challenge them loudly and provocatively. A Leo may take exception with the verse which says not to remind people of their charity, as lovers of the spotlight they may find it difficult to deal with this but we have to control our desires and submit to the Deen. Being a Leo though, one of their good traits made manifest by Allah is their generosity and willingness to be charitable.)

My other point, is that all signs have negative traits, but by submitting to Allah and the Deen, we can nullilfy these negative traits. There are commandments in the Deen which strengthen and encourage the erasure of negative traits for each sign.

For example, patient perseverance can drastically change an Aries and practicing it can make him/her unrecognizable to someone who would otherwise very easily spot an Aries.

For example, enduring insult and jeering for them practicing their religion or their ways and staying on the right path can drastically change a Leo (they love compliments but cannot stand insults) and practicing this can make him/her unrecognizable to someone who would otherwise very easily spot a Leo. Patient perseverance can also help a Leo (again, in regards to insults)

For example, a good response is better than a bad response and forgiving being better than desiring revenge is something that can drastically change a Scorpio and practicing it can make him/her unrecognizable to someone who would otherwise be able to very easily spot a Scorpio.

For example, speaking kind words and covering faults can drastically change a Virgo (they can be very critical, sometimes I guess in an insensitive way and point out many faulty things) and practicing it can make him/her unrecognizable to someone who would otherwise be able to very easily spot a Virgo.

GODsubmitter

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2012, 04:28:56 AM »
Thank you for starting this thread @AK85  :)

I also liked astrology very much, and studied it seriously, until I found out how some Alan Leo, together with some hysterical women, created the "modern astrology" in the 19th century, mixing cheap psychology with petty modernized mysticism. (Some contemporary astrologers are trying to restore the pristine one now)  8)

Then I turned to ancient Greek astrology, which has more accurate "house" system, and that led me to ancient Egyptian, Jewish, even Arabic and Muslim astrology! And so on, and on, until I realized that all astrology is so arbitrary and so uncertain, which doesn't mean there there are not some coincidences and probable truths...
Now I think that astrology is simply not reliable enough, in any way, except as an eccentric hobby. :)

But I liked very much what you wrote in your first post, and I agree with you because I noticed it in myself, too.
And these good traits, perhaps are made manifest by Allah in each sign, but to control and nullify the bad traits, we must submit to the Deen which encourages us to maintain our good traits
My other point, is that all signs have negative traits, but by submitting to Allah and the Deen, we can nullilfy these negative traits. There are commandments in the Deen which strengthen and encourage the erasure of negative traits for each sign.
For example, patient perseverance can drastically change an Aries and practicing it can make him/her unrecognizable to someone who would otherwise very easily spot an Aries.

etc etc

I noticed that practicing the deen of God one can better himself and correct less good character traits. That is probably the reason why God forbids in the Quran the fortunetelling and divination, together with astrology, so that we do not rely on fabrications but on system of God.
God has no Religion!

God is running everything.

Peace begins with me.

Student of Allah

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2012, 03:02:46 PM »
Shalom Aleikhem,

Astrology ? mmmm.... I choose Astronomy instead.

Beg your pardon, but I refuse to go back to the caves.

Peace
------------ Student of Allah

savage_carrot

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-2
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2012, 04:53:28 PM »
Don't think they could see the stars in the caves...

:peace:
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

Student of Allah

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »
Don't think they could see the stars in the caves...

:peace:

Shalom aleikhem,

:rotfl:

Good point.

As a tafsir of what I said, those who progressed are the ones that moved forward. Astrology, Homeopathy, Crystals, dowsing, et all just makes me sad and mad at the same time. Pathetic !!

No offence intended for any fan of those things I just mentioned. Its just my remarks regarding those practices/beliefs.

Peace
------------ Student of Allah