Author Topic: Astrology  (Read 10145 times)

AK85

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Astrology
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 02:26:02 AM »
aries?

you know that's actually not that far off, since Aries and Libra are both positive cardinal signs. Only difference is Aries is Fire and Libra is Air.
Listen, and understand! That Terminator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

We here have different views from salaat, to haj, to qibla to shirk to many fiqh issues. But there is something that binds us all, is we take our deen from the Quran and we recognize its authority over anything else. - BigMo

AK85

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2010, 02:36:07 AM »
You know you secretly love it ;)

Anyways, this is solid proof against astrology!

Well, Libra is between Virgo and Scorpio. It's not uncommon for people especially when it comes to their Mercury alignment for it to be aligned in the sign either right before or right after their sign.

What I'm getting at is, Virgo is the Skeptic and the Critic of the Zodiac. So perhaps your skepticism could actually point to Virgo influence in your natal chart, since as Libra you are close to Virgo.
Listen, and understand! That Terminator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

We here have different views from salaat, to haj, to qibla to shirk to many fiqh issues. But there is something that binds us all, is we take our deen from the Quran and we recognize its authority over anything else. - BigMo

savage_carrot

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-2
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2010, 02:46:46 AM »
http://www.alabe.com/cgi-bin/chart/astrobot.cgi?Y

Very sociable, you enjoy being with others and definitely prefer not be alone. Warm and affectionate, you go out of your way to make others like you.
Off. I like being with people I want to be with ONLY (I'm very picky about company and friends). I'm a bit of an extrovert but also a big time loner. I actually prefer being alone a lot of the time. I'm not warm and affectionate unless I want to be which is generally rare and do not go out of my way to make others like me as people who know me can attest to lol.

You tend to be a slow starter and a slow mover -- others may try to rush you, but they will never succeed. Emotionally, you are quite stubborn -- your attitudes about people and things were firmly set in your youth and will change very little as an adult. You are also very cautious and conservative about spending money
I'm not a slow starter OR a slow mover. I am stubborn when I know I'm right but my attitude changes are not firmly set at all. I'm extravagant with money, very much so, I love spending money but I can stop spending and stick to it very easily.

and are probably good at working with your hands.
I love building Lego if that's what it means.

Venus is in 09 Degrees Virgo.
You express your love and affection through selfless service to people or causes.
Completely off.

Your moods are very important to your overall well-being.
Does this not apply to everyone?!?

You must be emotionally secure in order to grow and develop. You are happiest when your family and community support and nourish you and boost your morale. Whether your childhood experiences of love and emotional dependability were positive or negative will set the tone for your emotional growth and stability as an adult. When you feel at ease with yourself, you are able to offer assistance to those who need a helping hand.
Don't know what it's talking about here, but I had an extremely tough "growing up" period and it didn't hamper me in the least imo. I personally have been the black sheep of the family and have never really cared about community. the rest is just so general it can apply to everyone anywhere.

rather than associating with those who might besmirch your reputation
I actually don't care about rep as such.

you will avoid anything that is casual or superficial, especially when it comes to relationships
Completely agree.

You will seek out and explore new methods of healing as well as different ways to deal with deep-seated emotional problems.
New methods of "healing"? lol
You will be at the forefront of humanitarian attempts to improve the lot of those who are in need of assistance. You will be comfortable with the concept of the "global village."
I'm not sure, I think it's confusing me with an activist.

N. Node is in 15 Degrees Libra.
You find it very difficult to be comfortable being alone
disagree

You're the perfect "team player" willing to sacrifice your own importance so that the group goal can be accomplished. Be careful, however, not to become overly dependent on your interactions with others -- you have personal private needs that should not be neglected.
I can take one for the team I can!
God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

savage_carrot

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-2
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2010, 02:56:05 AM »
Well, Libra is between Virgo and Scorpio. It's not uncommon for people especially when it comes to their Mercury alignment for it to be aligned in the sign either right before or right after their sign.

What I'm getting at is, Virgo is the Skeptic and the Critic of the Zodiac. So perhaps your skepticism could actually point to Virgo influence in your natal chart, since as Libra you are close to Virgo.

Mercury is in 23 Degrees Virgo.
Very thorough and efficient, you pay attention to the minor but important details of any project. You are a careful thinker who can learn complicated, intricate techniques. You are attracted to practical, useful skills and are probably good at working with your hands. You are very critical of yourself and others, sometimes too much so, and you get the reputation of being a nag or of being nit-picky. Your first reaction to any situation is to try to organize, classify and analyze everything!

I actually agree somewhat with this because it makes me look brilliant until it comes to the nag part :P

Ayisha

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2010, 09:07:09 AM »
No you guys, I'm a Libra apparently...is the peace, love and harmony not showing enough in my posts? haha
that was going to be my next guess  ;D
In the name of God, The Compassionate, The Merciful.
Praise be to God, Lord of the Universe,
The Compassionate, The Merciful,
Sovereign of the Day of Judgement!
You alone we worship, and to You alone we turn for help.
Guide us to the straight path,
The path of those You have favoured,
Not of those who have incurred Your wrath,
Nor of those who have gone astray.

Leyna

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2010, 09:10:40 AM »

AK85

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2010, 01:57:01 PM »
http://www.alabe.com/cgi-bin/chart/astrobot.cgi?Y
Off. I like being with people I want to be with ONLY (I'm very picky about company and friends). I'm a bit of an extrovert but also a big time loner. I actually prefer being alone a lot of the time. I'm not warm and affectionate unless I want to be which is generally rare and do not go out of my way to make others like me as people who know me can attest to lol.
I'm not a slow starter OR a slow mover. I am stubborn when I know I'm right but my attitude changes are not firmly set at all. I'm extravagant with money, very much so, I love spending money but I can stop spending and stick to it very easily.
I love building Lego if that's what it means.
 Completely off.
Does this not apply to everyone?!?
Don't know what it's talking about here, but I had an extremely tough "growing up" period and it didn't hamper me in the least imo. I personally have been the black sheep of the family and have never really cared about community. the rest is just so general it can apply to everyone anywhere.
I actually don't care about rep as such.
Completely agree.
New methods of "healing"? lolI'm not sure, I think it's confusing me with an activist.
 disagree
 I can take one for the team I can!

the link for the result never works, you have to copy and paste it

moon in taurus though eh? mercury in virgo and venus in virgo too...wow we're not supposed to get along very well lol your taurus moon doesn't like my libra moon, your virgo mercury doesn't like my aquarius mercury and my aries venus doesn't like your virgo venus but hopefully we won't let our base desires/personalites hamper us from getting along

CavemanDoctor

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +11/-2
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2010, 02:18:58 PM »
AK,

I've always wondered about the rationale behind astrology; hopefully you can help.  How is it that the movements of planets/stars dictate personality?  I'm not disputing with you that they do.  I'm just asking, to theorists of astrology, what is the rationale behind that general concept?  Is it a gravitational field thing?  What is it exactly about the date/time of my birth that corresponds with XYZ traits in my character?

savage_carrot

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-2
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2010, 02:31:44 PM »
the link for the result never works, you have to copy and paste it

moon in taurus though eh? mercury in virgo and venus in virgo too...wow we're not supposed to get along very well lol your taurus moon doesn't like my libra moon, your virgo mercury doesn't like my aquarius mercury and my aries venus doesn't like your virgo venus but hopefully we won't let our base desires/personalites hamper us from getting along

Ah, didn't know the link would have issues:

Rising Sign is in 28 Degrees Taurus
Sun is in 07 Degrees Libra
Moon is in 15 Degrees Taurus
Mercury is in 23 Degrees Virgo
Venus is in 09 Degrees Virgo
Mars is in 17 Degrees Cancer
Jupiter is in 05 Degrees Cancer
Saturn is in 26 Degrees Leo
Uranus is in 10 Degrees Scorpio
Neptune is in 13 Degrees Sagittarius
Pluto is in 13 Degrees Libra
N. Node is in 15 Degrees Libra

One of the things that would stop us from getting along is bad poetry ;)

jaythikay99

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2010, 03:27:26 PM »
AK,

I've always wondered about the rationale behind astrology; hopefully you can help.  How is it that the movements of planets/stars dictate personality?  I'm not disputing with you that they do.  I'm just asking, to theorists of astrology, what is the rationale behind that general concept?  Is it a gravitational field thing?  What is it exactly about the date/time of my birth that corresponds with XYZ traits in my character?

Quantum Astrology