Author Topic: Astrology  (Read 10198 times)

AK85

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Astrology
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 05:34:15 PM »
Yeah, that means you are born on a cusp and probably have traits of both signs.

The fact that you get along with Scorpios is no surprise..in my treatise one thing I forgot to mention is the rule of being attracted (perhaps both in a romantic and a friendship sense) to the sign two above you.

Scorpio, Sagitarrius, Capricorn.

This has to do with the same rule about temperament attractions. You're a cardinal, so you're attracted to the fixed aspect of Scorpio. Also you are both "negative" signs, with Scorpio being water and you being earth, so you find yourself being on a similar level platonically I guess or something like that.

This formula applies to all signs, you will always be romantically/friendship wise attracted to the sign two above you.

With me it would be Sagitarrius:

Sagitarrius, Capricorn, Aquarius

I'm fixed so I'm attracted to mutable signs. Me and Sagitarrius are both positive signs, Sagitarrius being fire me being air.

The sign right under you, and the sign two above you will always be the temperament you are attracted to. If you study the dynamics of this attraction in my treatise, you will notice this is true. A Cardinal will always be right above and two under a Fixed, a Fixed right above and two under a Mutable, a Mutable right above and two under a Cardinal.

The order always goes positive (air & fire), negative (water & earth) , positive, negative etc.

If we are to start with Capricorn, we can say the order is always (in terms of temperament) Cardinal, Fixed, Mutable (order of 3 temperaments is repeated 4 times for 12 signs)

Capricorn (Cardinal Earth), Aquarius (Fixed Air), Pisces (Mutable Water), Aries (Cardinal Fire), Taurus (Fixed Earth), Gemini (Mutable Air), Cancer (Cardinal Water), Leo (Fixed Fire), Virgo (Mutable Earth), Libra (Cardinal Air), Scorpio (Fixed Water), Sagitarrius (Mutable Fire).

The sign right above you, is always a temperament which is attracted to your temperament, but an element which you are frightened of.

Therefore, without even knowing which sign is above you, you can figure it out by using the formula of attractions to plot its characteristics. For example, if you are an Aquarius, you are Fixed Air. Using the laws of astrological attraction, the sign above you would have to be a temperament attracted to yours, (Cardinal) and an element which you are scared of (Earth) So the sign that fits that profile is Capricorn. Same thing with figuring out what sign is right under you, and element that is scared of you, plus a temperament that you are attracted to. So for Aquarius that would be Water Mutable. The sign that fits this is Pisces. (Water Mutable)

To figure out what sign you despise the most, figure out what element you despise and what temperament you despise according to the laws. For Leo, it would be Capricorn (Leo is Fixed Fire, Fire doesn't like Earth, Fixed doesn't like Cardinal) The sign that fits that profile is Capricorn (Cardinal Earth)

IF you look at their profiles, you may even notice that the profiles themselves can speak of their lack of a good relationship. For example, Gemini is easy breezy, chatty, flirtatious while Scorpio is obsessed, jealous and possessive. We can guess they will not get along, without even having to consult the laws of attraction, though the laws will help us figure out why.

Leyna, don't take offense to what I'm saying about Cancers. Like I said, I would have never guessed for even one second you're a Cancer. This is either because you are very good at submitting to islam and controlling your base desires, or because your other planetary alignments have nothing to do with Cancer or other water/negative signs which could bolster your water sign in Cancer. Probably both.

In fact I think you might have a Mercury in Gemini (A person's mercury is not always in their Sun Sign, it can be the sign above or the sign below, for example you're a Cancer so you may have a Mercury in Gemini or in Leo...their is the odd occasion where the Mercury alignment is nowhere close to their sun sign, I know of a Gemini with a Mercury in Capricorn)

I have a Mercury in Aquarius, which is fixed, so my mercury in Fixed Aquarius is enamoured by your Mercury in Mutable Gemini *blush*

Plus those are both air signs, same element, so we also are on the same level somewhat in regards to how our mind works.

Listen, and understand! That Terminator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

We here have different views from salaat, to haj, to qibla to shirk to many fiqh issues. But there is something that binds us all, is we take our deen from the Quran and we recognize its authority over anything else. - BigMo

Wootah

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 07:36:45 PM »
Would Mohammad support astrology? (I have no idea.)
I'm a Christian ... just letting you know.

AK85

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 07:57:34 PM »

No idea. I'm hoping someone can bring something from the Qu'ran that relates to this subject if they know of something. Like I said, I don't follow the parts that dictate your future, just the part about your profiles.
Listen, and understand! That Terminator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

We here have different views from salaat, to haj, to qibla to shirk to many fiqh issues. But there is something that binds us all, is we take our deen from the Quran and we recognize its authority over anything else. - BigMo

savage_carrot

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-2
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 05:20:57 AM »
I used to read Linda Goodman, I loved her quotes at the start of every article, I thought she was pretty accurate other than some stuff. Chinese "astrology" I found to be more accurate though...

Guess my sign AK85 and no cheating by searching older posts! ;D

God has a plan, Gaius. He has a plan for everything and everyone.

Ayisha

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 05:38:37 AM »
I used to read Linda Goodman, I loved her quotes at the start of every article, I thought she was pretty accurate other than some stuff. Chinese "astrology" I found to be more accurate though...

Guess my sign AK85 and no cheating by searching older posts! ;D

Capricorn, Gemini or Scorpio  8)
In the name of God, The Compassionate, The Merciful.
Praise be to God, Lord of the Universe,
The Compassionate, The Merciful,
Sovereign of the Day of Judgement!
You alone we worship, and to You alone we turn for help.
Guide us to the straight path,
The path of those You have favoured,
Not of those who have incurred Your wrath,
Nor of those who have gone astray.

nerspi

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 06:05:58 AM »
shouldn't the question be 'would God support astrology?'

and i don't see why not, i think it's very similar to meteorology...
we forcast waether every day, for a week in advance, ... how do they get such knowledge? is it magic? no...
they just studied and observed how nature works...
is astrology any different?
it's just observations of nature, how energy from other planets affects earth and everyone on it...
or is it just a weird coincidence that everybody born in aries share similar characteristics?

No idea. I'm hoping someone can bring something from the Qu'ran that relates to this subject if they know of something. Like I said, I don't follow the parts that dictate your future, just the part about your profiles.
hmm, i don't remember astrology being mentioned directly in the quran, however there is mention of planets and stars... no idea if it relates.... but either way, we were told to study nature, which we did and saw how it works... and i'm sure all these heavenly bodies were not created in vain, we've seen patterns, we've seen how they affect us

ok here's me:  ;D
Rising Sign is in 01 Degrees Aries
You are a free spirit and you must be first at everything you do. Very energetic, self-assertive and active, things must be done your way. Even though you may feel calm and serene on the inside, you certainly do not act that way. You want to do everything full-tilt, 100 miles per hour! A great competitor, but a poor cooperator -- you must learn how to lose more gracefully. Very self-confident, ambitious and passionate, you radiate positive energy. You are blunt and direct, but at times unfeeling and tactless, especially if anyone offers you any resistance. You fight for your beliefs, but your tendency to act first and think later often causes you much grief.

Sun is in 11 Degrees Gemini.
You have a quick, bright and agile mind, but an extremely short attention span. You love the external, kaleidoscopic aspects of life, but you tend to avoid (and even fear) deep, close emotional involvements. As such, you seem to enjoy travel and sightseeing and generally being "on-the-go." You get quite listless when things around you become static and dull, but your excitement returns whenever you are stimulated by a new idea. Chatty, inquisitive and quite playful, you enjoy practical jokes and games in general. Your moods change quickly and often -- you are very restless and constantly in motion. You are known for your versatility and adaptability. Your vivaciousness enlivens any social gathering.

Moon is in 10 Degrees Aries.
High-spirited and courageous, you are a fighter when your emotions are aroused. The degree of force and drive that you can bring to any effort sometimes surprises others. You have hair-trigger reactions to specific stimuli and tend to "let it all hang out." You sometimes act before you think and do things on the spur of the moment, and that sometimes gets you into trouble. Your moods change quickly -- you have quite a temper, but you don't hold grudges. Very independent, with an extremely strong and forceful personality, you are known for being impulsive, careless, reckless, foolhardy, rash and daring.

Mercury is in 22 Degrees Gemini.
Your mind is active, quick and agile. You are very restless and you get bored easily. Unless you receive constant mental stimulation, you become extremely nervous and begin to act in an unstable manner. You are probably a good student because of your natural inquisitiveness. You also love to travel. Your learning tends to be superficial, though, because you have a relatively short attention span. Try to develop the mental discipline to finish what you start. Also, you tend to talk on at times seemingly just to fill space -- make sure that your conversation has some substance to it or others will start avoiding you.

Venus is in 13 Degrees Cancer.
You like to be very close to other people. You need emotional support yourself and are willing to give it to others. When you feel unloved and insecure, you can be very jealous and possessive. You are not interested in casual or superficial relationships -- only deep emotional involvements interest you. Your faithful devotion is one of your greatest gifts, but be careful not to become too dependent on others. Learn to stand on your own two feet and demand your own rights once in a while.

Mars is in 22 Degrees Capricorn.
Extremely ambitious, you are willing to work very hard to reach the goals you have set for yourself. Very practical, cautious and conservative, you demand tangible results for your efforts. You need to excel in whatever you do, and you have the required sense of responsibility, dedication and self-discipline to bring it about. Beware of your tendency to judge others only by their degree of status and prestige, or by how well they will be able to advance you in your climb to the top.

Jupiter is in 20 Degrees Pisces.
You are at your best when you give of yourself and what you have -- try to avoid being a martyr about it, though. You're a true idealist, but you must learn not to be upset when life does not cooperate with the way you think things should be. Very concerned with spiritual truth and growth, when you practice what you preach, you make an excellent role model for others. You are so devoted to altruistic ventures and concerns that you tire easily at times. It then becomes necessary for you to go off by yourself to recharge your batteries.

Saturn is in 06 Degrees Sagittarius.
Basically quite conservative, you respect traditional authority figures and are very thankful and supportive of the laws and institutions which govern your life. You learn and accept new ideas only after having very thoroughly examined them. Ideals and abstract concepts are important to you only if they can be used in some practical fashion. You are so practical and so orderly that you have natural skills in planning, administrating and organizing.

Uranus is in 20 Degrees Sagittarius.
You, and most of your peers, have the tendency to think that all ideas, customs and traditions from the past are outmoded and irrelevant. You are attracted to radically new ideas, philosophies and religions that will, hopefully, cause sweeping changes throughout the world.

Neptune is in 05 Degrees Capricorn.
You, and your entire generation, will idealize work, practicality and the ability to attain reasonable goals. But, because you will also stress the need to be selfless and giving, you may find it difficult to attain your goals unless you have lowered your expectations on all fronts.

Pluto is in 05 Degrees Scorpio.
For your entire generation, this is a period of intense research and discovery in areas that were heretofore considered mysterious, remote or taboo. The root causes for many complex occurrences will be unearthed due to the intensity and thoroughness of the search.

N. Node is in 29 Degrees Aries.
You're at your most comfortable when involved in group activities outside of your immediate family circle. You delight in getting involved with others in neighborhood civic or political activities, especially if you can be a part of the leadership of the group. Your zeal and overabundant energy bring out your real creativity when you can work toward tangible results -- things that will immediately benefit those around you. You have a real gift for getting the most out of charity drives and community benefits. Take time out between projects though, because you tire out easily and your effectiveness becomes greatly diminished when your energy is depleted. Also, don't even think of trying to get involved at a peripheral level -- you need a total commitment to feel personally fulfilled. Let others bake the cookies and set up the chairs -- you should be the one to tell everyone what to do and when to do it!

jaythikay99

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 06:26:14 AM »

Yusuf Ali
It is We Who have set out the zodiacal signs in the heavens, and made them fair-seeming to (all) beholders;

Yusuf Ali
And marks and sign-posts; and by the stars (men) guide themselves.

savage_carrot

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-2
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 10:06:08 AM »
Capricorn, Gemini or Scorpio  8)
Nope ;)... 9 to go! I wonder if this is where astrology breaks down in tears ;D

jaythikay99

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 10:14:48 AM »
Nope ;)... 9 to go! I wonder if this is where astrology breaks down in tears ;D

let me guess...  :hmm

savage_carrot

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-2
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010, 11:47:44 AM »
Why, when you already know RH? :D