News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Astrology

Started by AK85, June 26, 2010, 04:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AK85

Not sure where this topic goes, if you can figure it out please inform me if you move it.

I've been interested in astrology for about 9 years. (got into it when I was 16)

I've studied it to the point that I can sometimes tell people's signs. I've noticed as well (as fishy as this may sound) that certain astrological signs have physical traits. (some are harder to tell than others, though based on appearance it is easy for me to point out a capricorn and...that's about it lol but some leos, scorpios, tauruses and aries can have fairly obvious physical traits btw these usual physicaltraits are from my own analysis not from listed physical traits of different signs)

Anyways, what I'm getting at is...these astrological profiles provide people's base behaviour/desires etc. However when they submit...to a system which encourages them to control and reject their base desires in favour of the regulations of that system...it is difficult for me to discern their sign...

Is this perhaps one of the miracles of Allah's deen?

I have noticed that although different signs have different likes and dislikes in regards to relationships with other signs

all of them have "pluses and minuses" which are subjective and appreciated and rejected according to the likes and dislikes of other signs

for example as an Aquarius, I'm not too fond of Cancers. However one thing I can appreciate about them, is that they are good cooks (the best cooks will tell you one of the most important ingredient is love) and I can appreciate someone who puts love into making sure someone's culinary experience is marvelous. And also they can be manipulative, this can sometimes be beneficial I guess, in stopping someone from worrying about certain trivial things, manipulating them to not worry etc.

As an air sign of course I don't usually get along with water signs, but with Scorpio (for whom I dislike their obsession with revenge and their reluctance to forgive, as well as their tendency to be rude and take part in rude humour) I can admire their loyalty and inquisitiveness.

And these good traits, perhaps are made manifest by Allah in each sign, but to control and nullify the bad traits, we must submit to the Deen which encourages us to maintain our good traits

Being completely honest, I think all of us can say when we read certain commandments in the Qu'ran we perhaps may say "I agree with/like this passage, this passage is something I believed in practicing before I decided to become muslim/even read the Qu'ran. This passage confirms a goodness/ethic that I want to practice" Along with passages which go against our desires but we must practice anyways. For example as an Aquarius I feel no restraint in challenging and questioning authority but this is must be controlled, as I must respect and obey my parents and not sound ungrateful and negative even though my desires as an Aquarius is to challenge them loudly and provocatively. A Leo may take exception with the verse which says not to remind people of their charity, as lovers of the spotlight they may find it difficult to deal with this but we have to control our desires and submit to the Deen. Being a Leo though, one of their good traits made manifest by Allah is their generosity and willingness to be charitable.)

My other point, is that all signs have negative traits, but by submitting to Allah and the Deen, we can nullilfy these negative traits. There are commandments in the Deen which strengthen and encourage the erasure of negative traits for each sign.

For example, patient perseverance can drastically change an Aries and practicing it can make him/her unrecognizable to someone who would otherwise very easily spot an Aries. 

For example, enduring insult and jeering for them practicing their religion or their ways and staying on the right path can drastically change a Leo (they love compliments but cannot stand insults) and practicing this can make him/her unrecognizable to someone who would otherwise very easily spot a Leo. Patient perseverance can also help a Leo (again, in regards to insults)

For example, a good response is better than a bad response and forgiving being better than desiring revenge is something that can drastically change a Scorpio and practicing it can make him/her unrecognizable to someone who would otherwise be able to very easily spot a Scorpio.

For example, speaking kind words and covering faults can drastically change a Virgo (they can be very critical, sometimes I guess in an insensitive way and point out many faulty things) and practicing it can make him/her unrecognizable to someone who would otherwise be able to very easily spot a Virgo.

Anyways, this is my natal chart = p

if you want to make one for yourself, go to www.alabe.com/freechart

you have to enter your birthdate, the place of birth and the time you were born (this might be hard to find out, but you only need it for the rising sign, it is plotted accordign to the time you were born...if you don't enter the time you were born, you will get an inaccurate rising sign, ignore it)

the first five planetary alignments are the ones that describe your immediate personality the most, the rest of the planetary alignments do not apply to an immediate personality.

Rising sign: applies to the personality you portray as opposed to your actual personality.
Sun: your actual personality
Moon: the way your emotions work
Mercury: the way your mind works
Venus: your love style
Mars: your energy style

some may say they can see these traits in my natal chart being manifested sometimes, I hope and pray to Allah that I can control the negative desires of mine.

By the way, the mars in Aries for me could not be more true. People who noticed my many edits and the messages that previous messages which I edited will notice this. And some of the venus is true as well, especially the part about pursuing a person I like lol though that hasn't really happened for a while now  :giveup:

Rising Sign is in 15 Degrees Leo

You love to be the center of attention and you want to appear
strong, confident and dominant. You are very proud of yourself,
sometimes quite vain even. When all around you are bedraggled and
falling apart, you look like a million bucks! Very dignified and
honorable, you enjoy the power and privilege, but not the
responsibilities, that come with leadership. You are very idealistic
but can also be quite stubborn. Others impress you only if they have
integrity (but wealth, power and influence can also turn your head).
You prefer rich, elegant surroundings and possessions, and will try
to acquire them as your budget allows. Physically, you are very
impressive - - at your best you have a regal, charismatic demeanor
and bearing. Try not to be such a showoff!

Sun is in 21 Degrees Aquarius.

You get bored with the status quo and are generally open to new
things and ideas. An individualist and a free spirit, your friends
are quite important to you as long as they do not try to tie you
down by making too many emotional demands on you. Your thoughts are
offbeat and you're a bit eccentric, but not always very changeable.
As a matter of fact, you can be quite stubborn at times. Very
fair-minded when dealing with large groups or broad issues, you are
not always emotionally sensitive to the needs of individuals.
Extremely objective, with good powers of observation, you would be
qualified to study technical and complicated subjects, like science,
computers or maybe even astrology.

Moon is in 28 Degrees Libra.

Affectionate, warm and friendly, life must be a 'beautiful'
experience for you. Unpleasantness should be avoided at all costs.
You tend to overlook other people's faults and you would rather give
in than fight. You are uncomfortable with strangers, but at ease and
sociable with friends and associates. Indeed, you would rather
socialize than work - - you can use your prodigious charm to avoid
unpleasant tasks. You need the support and assistance of another in
order to get you started on any new project - - you are not a
self-starter. Be careful of a tendency to be overly self-indulgent
(i.e., lazy). Your refined aesthetic sensibilities attract you to
music, dance, art and any other cultured activity.

Mercury is in 15 Degrees Aquarius.

You tend to be very opinionated - - you have strongly felt notions
about things and are quite vocal about expressing and defending
them. Yet you are also an original thinker - - you enjoy shocking
others with your offbeat, original thoughts. You appreciate and need
mental and intellectual stimulation. Your judgment is usually fair
and impartial - - you can be a good critic because you can remain
objective and unemotional about most things.

Venus is in 07 Degrees Aries.

You are a very affectionate person but you hate to be tied down. You
are more than willing to be the aggressor in initiating new
relationships. Indeed, once you have set your sights on someone, you
tend to pursue him or her ardently and passionately. But you do
demand your own way in a relationship. Try to give in to your
partner's needs and desires once in a while.

Mars is in 05 Degrees Aries.

You are very independent and self-assertive, and you have lots of
physical energy. You are not satisfied unless you can be the first
to do something. As such, you are more comfortable in leadership
positions than you are as an underling. When you are challenged by
anyone for anything, you delight in the competitive process and will
fight long and hard for your beliefs. You are bold and courageous
and often act without thinking. At times, in your zeal to get ahead,
you are tactless and offensive - - learn that cooperation with others
can often bring you nearer to your goals quicker because of the
support you will get.

Listen, and understand! That Terminator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

We here have different views from salaat, to haj, to qibla to shirk to many fiqh issues. But there is something that binds us all, is we take our deen from the Quran and we recognize its authority over anything else. - BigMo

Wootah

Astrology is nonsense - you know that right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQPFoDkGFrU

Astrology, crystals, psychic readings, ghosts - all nonsense. You can safely throw it all out and even better this will help others who often times pay a lot of money to fraudsters and charlatans that pray on the emotionally distressed particularly around the deaths of loved ones. You can help be a part of ending these crimes.

I'm sorry to be blunt. If you enjoy astrology for the fun and games OK but if you are misled or are misleading others that it is real then I think you are stop. There are too many people in Asia and Africa and frankly Australia :( that are making irrational decisions based upon this type of superstition. It is entirely harmful.

Google James Randi, he is a secular atheist but does incredible work debunking these lies. It will be helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dp2Zqk8vHw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlMiKrwCRQ0&feature=related

With all sincerity and no intended sarcasm. You can leave astrology and nothing bad will happen. That second video is very worth watching. Very.

I'm a Christian ... just letting you know.

Ayisha

;D some of my good bits
Very attractive and popular, your charm helps you to get your own way and prevents others from getting angry with you.

"Peace and harmony at all costs" is your battle cry.

Extremely serious and mature, you are capable of accepting responsibilities and do so willingly.

You tend to be serious-minded but cheerful for the most part.

You are a careful thinker, very cautious and conservative.

You are generally good at balancing opinions and judging issues, but you tend to be indecisive when it comes to making up your own mind.  ;D

AK I am interested to know what physical trait by which you can tell a Capricorn

I am normally right about Leo, the forehead, eyes and nose seem to have a particular shape similar to a Lion, im not always right though  ;D
In the name of God, The Compassionate, The Merciful.
Praise be to God, Lord of the Universe,
The Compassionate, The Merciful,
Sovereign of the Day of Judgement!
You alone we worship, and to You alone we turn for help.
Guide us to the straight path,
The path of those You have favoured,
Not of those who have incurred Your wrath,
Nor of those who have gone astray.

Leyna

Quote from: AK85 on June 26, 2010, 04:03:16 AM

for example as an Aquarius, I'm not too fond of Cancers. However one thing I can appreciate about them, is that they are good cooks (the best cooks will tell you one of the most important ingredient is love) and I can appreciate someone who puts love into making sure someone's culinary experience is marvelous.

I'm a cancer and have a history of falling in love with aquarius men.  :P

And, yeah, I'm a great cook, my friends love my home-cooked meals.  8)

afridi220

Quote from: Leyna on June 26, 2010, 10:20:31 AM
I'm a cancer and have a history of falling in love with aquarius men.  :P

And, yeah, I'm a great cook, my friends love my home-cooked meals.  8)

Uff uff my stomach acts crazy :P
Peace

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; forgive them anyway

AK85

Quote from: Ayisha on June 26, 2010, 09:54:32 AM
;D some of my good bits
Very attractive and popular, your charm helps you to get your own way and prevents others from getting angry with you.

Extremely serious and mature, you are capable of accepting responsibilities and do so willingly.

You are generally good at balancing opinions and judging issues, but you tend to be indecisive when it comes to making up your own mind.  ;D

AK I am interested to know what physical trait by which you can tell a Capricorn

I am normally right about Leo, the forehead, eyes and nose seem to have a particular shape similar to a Lion, im not always right though  ;D

lol they have this ruthless ambitious one track mind look in their eyes, not all of course.

See that's another thing, since there are 5 planets which decide different important aspects of your personality, unless all of them are in the planetary alignment of your sun sign, you will not necessarily come across as a typical Aquarius, Leo, Cancer or whatever it is that you are.
Listen, and understand! That Terminator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

We here have different views from salaat, to haj, to qibla to shirk to many fiqh issues. But there is something that binds us all, is we take our deen from the Quran and we recognize its authority over anything else. - BigMo

AK85

Quote from: Wootah on June 26, 2010, 06:14:30 AM
Astrology is nonsense - you know that right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQPFoDkGFrU

Astrology, crystals, psychic readings, ghosts - all nonsense. You can safely throw it all out and even better this will help others who often times pay a lot of money to fraudsters and charlatans that pray on the emotionally distressed particularly around the deaths of loved ones. You can help be a part of ending these crimes.

I'm sorry to be blunt. If you enjoy astrology for the fun and games OK but if you are misled or are misleading others that it is real then I think you are stop. There are too many people in Asia and Africa and frankly Australia :( that are making irrational decisions based upon this type of superstition. It is entirely harmful.

Google James Randi, he is a secular atheist but does incredible work debunking these lies. It will be helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dp2Zqk8vHw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlMiKrwCRQ0&feature=related

With all sincerity and no intended sarcasm. You can leave astrology and nothing bad will happen. That second video is very worth watching. Very.

I don't follow the daily horoscopes which tell you about your day etc., I just find the psychological profiles to be freakishly accurate.

Trust me I can be a very critical person, but what can I possibly say in offense to astrology when sometimes I can guess a sign correctly? Not much.

Like I said though, I've noticed its hard for me to discern a sign when a person submits to a system in which they have to control their base desires. For example, I would have neeeeeever been able to guess Leyna is a Cancer, neeeeeeever. Then again maybe she has a lot of other planetary alignments which are not cancer.

Each sign has two signs which they absolutely despise, and are absolutely enamoured by. In my case, (Aquarius) the one I despise is Cancer and the one I am absolutely enamoured by is Virgo. And you know what the messed up part is? The one you are absolutely enamoured by is the one that absolutely despises you. I actually wrote a little "treatise" once based on my findings of astrological relationships. I'll post it when I find it, if I can find it.

AK85

Quote from: Ayisha on June 26, 2010, 09:54:32 AM
;D some of my good bits

The different planetary alignments might confuse a person at first, and they might think "Hey, I'm an Aquaurius/(whatever it is you are) why does it show all this other stuff"

Well, the time you were born is just your sun sign, your base personality the other planetary alignments have to do with other facets of your personality, not the base part

This is why you might meet someone who is not a "typical" Scorpio and someone who is Scorpio to a tee (I'm an Aquarius, so that's someone I'd try to stay away from, though someone who is Cancer to a tee might like a very typical Scorpio)

Rising sign = The personality you portray
Sun sign = Your base personality
Moon = The way your emotions work
Mercury = The way your mind works
Venus = Your love style
Mars = Your energy style

Can you post the full descriptions if you don't mind? Of course you can leave out the top part that shows your birthdate, place and time of birth. I mean unless you want to include it for some reason. I'm going to guess the alignments though (I've made these for many people, so I remember a lot of descriptions)

Very attractive and popular, your charm helps you to get your own way and prevents others from getting angry with you. (This is either rising sign in Libra, or sun sign in Libra, correct?

"Peace and harmony at all costs" is your battle cry. ((This is either rising sign in Libra, or sun sign in Libra, correct?)

Extremely serious and mature, you are capable of accepting responsibilities and do so willingly. (This has something to do with Capricorn, I'm not sure if its rising sign or sun sign

You tend to be serious-minded but cheerful for the most part. (Not sure about this one)

You are a careful thinker, very cautious and conservative. (This is an earth sign (Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn, I'm guessing Capricorn) in Mercury, right)

You are generally good at balancing opinions and judging issues, but you tend to be indecisive when it comes to making up your own mind.  ;D (This is something in Libra, correct? Either rising sign, sun or mars in libra)

AK85

This is the treatise I wrote, it was directed at a person who was asking me about this stuff so all the "as you" stuff is because it was directed at them. By the way I wrote this a while back before I became inclined towards the Qu'ran, so please don't take that part about "selfish agenda" to heart about me an my motivations, its just an explanation of some of the things you can do with this information.

First of all there is no such thing as a bad sign, every sign has its own positive and negative traits. And every sign is very attracted and intrigued by one sign, and at the same time does not care much for one sign. It's actually very mathematical and logical, the relationships and figuring out whether two signs will click...which makes it interesting and easy to figure out...well if you're that type of thinker anyways. Like if a then b etc.

As you may or may not know, there are two things that differentiate signs from one another. One is the element, and the other is the temperament. (btw this all is relevant in knowing how certain signs will get along with one another) All of them are united by their common element, but are not the same temperament. I will explain what both of them are in detail and then compare them with each other and then again explain how to utilize the knowledge of the two to determine compatibility.

There are four elements, water, earth, fire and air. The elements describe one's general base behaviour and quirks. There are 3 signs in each element. Also the 4 elements are divided in two, with one having a generally optimistic character (Fire & Air) and one having what could be called a generally pessimistic character (Earth & Water).

Earth: Pragmatic types, not interested in poetry, afraid of/don't trust things they can't perceive with their 5 senses etc. (Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo)

Fire: As the name suggests, hot headed passionate types. (Aries, Leo, Sagitarrius)

Water: Really emotional types prone to jealousy, crying etc. (Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio)

Air: Intellectual types, interested in abstract ideas, ideas, the science behind sociology etc. (Aquarius, Gemini, Libra)

Every element is scared of/attracted to one other element, and vice versa. From my analysis it's because they are scared of the difference between their base character. You will usually find the element you are scared of to be attractive physically.

Fire: Scared of water, they are both emotional, but fire's emotion are more hotheaded and positive, while water's emotions are murky and sometimes negative.

Earth: Scared of fire. Earth is pragmatic and is scared of fire's hotheaded disregard for pragmatism.

Air: Scared of earth. Air is a thinker and is scared of earth's sometimes mean disdain for what they see as pointless pontification.

Water: Scared of air. Water is emotional, and what is seen as selfish, illogical and unrestrained emotional outbursts on water's part is not air's cup of tea.

With this knowledge, one can use elements for the effect they have on other elements to further one's own selfish agenda. For example, if you know that your friends are earth signs...and you want them to be mesmerized, jealous and scared of a girl what would you do? You would bring along a fire sign.

And now onto temperaments. There are 3 temperaments, and 4 signs for each temperament, one from each of the four elements.

Cardinal: indecisive but always has suggestions, likes people who have strong fixed ideas..
Fire Cardinal: Aries
Air Cardinal: Libra
Earth Cardinal: Capricorn
Water Cardinal: Cancer

Mutable: Is open to any ideas, doesn't always have much ideas of their own, likes people who aren't stubborn to ideas, likes to learn about different ideas from both sides of ideological divides. This is why they like cardinals, because cardinals always have new ideas since they are indecisive, and mutable likes to show off their changeability by showing cardinal they are open to their whims.
Mutable Fire: Sagitarrius
Mutable Air: Gemini (this is why they are good at socializing)
Mutable Earth: Virgo
Mutable Water: Pisces (this is why they are good artists)

Fixed: Is in love with their own ideas and is stubborn about it (hence fixed). Is attracted to mutable's disdain for being stubborn and rigid.
Fixed Fire: Leo
Fixed Air: Aquarius
Fixed Water: Scorpio
Fixed Earth: Taurus

Now once again, there is a complicated love triangle involved with this as well. C likes F, who likes M, who likes C. Neither are aroused by the one that likes them...and each temperament likes the one that likes the one that likes them (hope that makes sense) Once again in the wrong hands one could very well use this knowledge to further their own selfish agenda. You are a Cardinal sign, and you like a Fixed sign who of course doesn't care for you and prefers Mutable, who do you make ethat Fixed sign jealous? Flirt with a Mutable sign. Now you don't care for the Mutable sign since you're a Cardinal sign, but it will make the other person jealous.

And now using the knowledge of both temperaments and elements, you can determine how well you'll get along with someone and who you absolutely won't get along with.

I'll use myself as an example.

I'm an Aquarius, a fixed air sign. Now fixed signs are attracted to mutable signs, and air signs are scared of/mesmerized by earth signs. So using that knowledge which sign am I attracted to? A Mutable Earth sign. Which sign on the chart is a Mutable Earth Sign? Virgo.

Now just because someone's SUN sign is in a particular sign, doesn't mean they won't get along with a sign they aren't supposed to get along with...because as the natal chart I showed you reveals there are different aspects to a person's personality ruled by different planets. So maybe your sun signs will clash, but that doesn't mean your other planetary alignments clash, maybe your moon alignments get along, or your mercury, venus & mars alignments omg omg omg there's still hope

Ayisha

Quote from: AK85 on June 26, 2010, 01:29:14 PM

The different planetary alignments might confuse a person at first, and they might think "Hey, I'm an Aquaurius/(whatever it is you are) why does it show all this other stuff"

Well, the time you were born is just your sun sign, your base personality the other planetary alignments have to do with other facets of your personality, not the base part

This is why you might meet someone who is not a "typical" Scorpio and someone who is Scorpio to a tee (I'm an Aquarius, so that's someone I'd try to stay away from, though someone who is Cancer to a tee might like a very typical Scorpio)

Rising sign = The personality you portray
Sun sign = Your base personality
Moon = The way your emotions work
Mercury = The way your mind works
Venus = Your love style
Mars = Your energy style

Can you post the full descriptions if you don't mind? Of course you can leave out the top part that shows your birthdate, place and time of birth. I mean unless you want to include it for some reason. I'm going to guess the alignments though (I've made these for many people, so I remember a lot of descriptions)

Very attractive and popular, your charm helps you to get your own way and prevents others from getting angry with you. (This is either rising sign in Libra, or sun sign in Libra, correct?

"Peace and harmony at all costs" is your battle cry. ((This is either rising sign in Libra, or sun sign in Libra, correct?)

Extremely serious and mature, you are capable of accepting responsibilities and do so willingly. (This has something to do with Capricorn, I'm not sure if its rising sign or sun sign

You tend to be serious-minded but cheerful for the most part. (Not sure about this one)

You are a careful thinker, very cautious and conservative. (This is an earth sign (Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn, I'm guessing Capricorn) in Mercury, right)

You are generally good at balancing opinions and judging issues, but you tend to be indecisive when it comes to making up your own mind.  ;D (This is something in Libra, correct? Either rising sign, sun or mars in libra)

very good AK!!

here is the full thing
Rising Sign is in 18 Degrees Libra
Very attractive and popular, your charm helps you to get your own way and prevents others from getting angry with you. "Peace and harmony at all costs" is your battle cry. You always try to ameliorate or to cosmetically hide any physical ugliness or any angry feelings between people. Flashy, but not gaudy, you prefer to dress elegantly. You generally have good taste in music, art and literature. Beware of the tendency to compromise yourself in your attempt to be agreeable at all times. A bit of a social butterfly, at times you can be vain and lazy. For the most part, however, you are gracious and affectionate, and your refined and aristocratic demeanor serves as a role model to others.

Sun is in 29 Degrees Capricorn.
Extremely serious and mature, you are capable of accepting responsibilities and do so willingly. Others expect you to be dutiful as a matter of course. You tend to get angry when people get rewards after not having worked anywhere near as hard as you. You are goal-oriented and an achiever by nature -- you're a hard worker and are justifiably proud of the tangible results of your efforts. You tend to have "tunnel-vision" -- this allows you to block out extraneous matters that might distract others and to concentrate totally on the matter at hand. As such, you are the ideal one to manage or administrate any ongoing project and to be practical and efficient at it. You are not a fast worker, but you are quite thorough. You are known for being totally persistent, tenacious and tireless in reaching your goals.

Moon is in 22 Degrees Virgo.
You tend to be serious-minded but cheerful for the most part. You need tasks that engage both your mind and your hands. A careful worker, you enjoy making things. You are neat and orderly, and are very concerned with good health habits. Fastidious to the extreme, you cannot tolerate messes and will immediately clean them up. Reserved, shy, and very self-critical, you tend to be very hard on yourself. You usually will go out of your way to be helpful and useful to others. Practical, reliable, efficient and conservative, at times you are a bit of a prude. You are known to lead a simple, uncomplicated, frugal, methodical and unemotional lifestyle. You are devoted and caring to those you love.

Mercury is in 11 Degrees Capricorn.
You are a careful thinker, very cautious and conservative. You are quite skillful at organizing, directing and planning activities. Practical and useful things interest you -- you are not attracted to abstract thoughts or ideas. With your tendency to be highly focused and very goal-oriented, you have a good head for business. But beware of a tendency to be narrow-minded and dogmatic. Your sense of humor tends toward being earthy and slapstick crude.

Venus is in 08 Degrees Capricorn.
You tend to keep your feelings under control -- emotions are only released in serious or important situations. You are distrustful of others whose behavior could be judged excessive or immoderate. As such, you prefer to relate only to those who are older than you or to those whose position is such that respect and duty are more important for both of you than passion or emotional response. Be careful, however, of relationships that are merely based on practicality or utility or you will ultimately be lonely.

Mars is in 24 Degrees Aries.
You are very independent and self-assertive, and you have lots of physical energy. You are not satisfied unless you can be the first to do something. As such, you are more comfortable in leadership positions than you are as an underling. When you are challenged by anyone for anything, you delight in the competitive process and will fight long and hard for your beliefs. You are bold and courageous and often act without thinking. At times, in your zeal to get ahead, you are tactless and offensive -- learn that cooperation with others can often bring you nearer to your goals quicker because of the support you will get.

Jupiter is in 01 Degrees Libra.
You are generally good at balancing opinions and judging issues, but you tend to be indecisive when it comes to making up your own mind. You are objective and quite concerned with fair play and justice. But, when it comes to yourself, you are so aware that whatever you do might upset the apple cart that you often choose to compromise rather than do anything that might make you lonely or vulnerable. Relationships are very important to you -- you learn about yourself and grow through observing yourself interacting with others. Your aesthetic tastes are refined, but expansive and expensive.

Saturn is in 11 Degrees Sagittarius.
Basically quite conservative, you respect traditional authority figures and are very thankful and supportive of the laws and institutions which govern your life. You learn and accept new ideas only after having very thoroughly examined them. Ideals and abstract concepts are important to you only if they can be used in some practical fashion. You are so practical and so orderly that you have natural skills in planning, administrating and organizing.

Uranus is in 05 Degrees Leo.
You, and your peers as well, demand complete and total freedom of self- expression. You want to make your mark in the world according to your own lights and will brook no interference from traditional authority figures, especially if they attempt to mold or shape you in any way. You are honest and forthright, but a bit offbeat and eccentric. The lack of self-discipline may hinder you from reaching your goals as quickly as you would like.

Neptune is in 02 Degrees Scorpio.
You, and your entire generation, are extremely interested in anything deep and mysterious. You will explore and idealize the benefits that can accrue from the study of the occult, healing and psychology. You are willing to experiment with substances like drugs in order to push your understanding of your inner being to the extreme.

Pluto is in 29 Degrees Leo.
For your entire generation, this is a time when the relationship of the individual to society as a whole is being thoroughly re-examined. Major attempts will be made to find a balance between the need to be self-sufficient and the need to honor debts of social commitment.

N. Node is in 26 Degrees Scorpio.
You have a special aptitude for working by yourself, or with a like-minded group of dedicated individuals. Once you've committed yourself to a person or group or project, your loyalty and devotion are total until the group's goals have been realized. Not at all gregarious by nature, you're uncomfortable around strangers, greatly preferring to be in known and familiar situations. Others may regard you as shy or eccentric, but those who know you well are aware of the intense loyalty that you have to your friends.

I am Capricorn BUT I was born 2 mins to midnight on 19th January, so I am 2 mins away from being Aquarius apparently.

I get on very well with Scorpio females, but not with Scorpio males at all!  ;D
In the name of God, The Compassionate, The Merciful.
Praise be to God, Lord of the Universe,
The Compassionate, The Merciful,
Sovereign of the Day of Judgement!
You alone we worship, and to You alone we turn for help.
Guide us to the straight path,
The path of those You have favoured,
Not of those who have incurred Your wrath,
Nor of those who have gone astray.