Author Topic: wah... o why...  (Read 839 times)

Joe Betik

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
wah... o why...
« on: June 16, 2010, 01:03:58 AM »
salamun AAalaykum,

it seems quite common nowadays, almost like a rule unfortunately, that most discussions in this forum have taken a digressing turn; developing from naive queries into diabolical arguments & fights. personal attacks are common, as if some people are holding the absolute truth and reserved the right to run down on the others. name calling is almost a routine. why is that? why?

i always thought that the more one understands & enlivens the qur'an the more solid would be one in character or disposition. this cannot be a fallacy, since the closer one is to God (this of course implies that God is closer to that someone), the more refined should be one's comprehension, or surely without prejudice. but why is this a rarity? why?

what is the objective of understanding the qur'an without enlivening it? let me give some examples of advises taken from al-AAalaq, al-qalam, al-muddaththir & al-muzzammil (all are early meccan surah):
1. when God has advised that we should ponder/study/understand our relationship/connection with (in fact our total dependence on) Him, have we ever done it?
2. when God advised that we should be early in establishing our relationship/connection with Him, have we ever done it? (early in our awakened state is on waking up from sleep.)
3. when God has advised that we should live the day submerging/immersing ourselves in His exalted status, have we ever done it?
4. when God has advised that we should spend some parts of the night to meditate or ponder about some easy things about Him (God), have we ever done it?
5. when God has advised that we should not judge people according to our whims and fancies, what have we done?

so, by the development of things in this forum, it seems to indicate that most of us are getting further and further away from God.

if a personal appeal is allowed, let us all take stock of the 'accounts' in our personal diaries of living in this existence (suhoof). have we improved our ways? or are we digressing and getting worse and worse? and have we rid the thought that we are better (than...)? that is iblees at play.

if this appeal is allowed, it is for more than just a paradigm shift. it means that we must act accordingly to the paradigm shift, or have a break of habits or routines. otherwise we accumulate nothing, but merely understandings or ideas.

may God guide us the correct way, insha-Allah.

peace
mohammed noh
"When you realize the difference between the container and the content,
you will have knowledge."

- Idries Shah

Alen

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +11/-2
Re: wah... o why...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 03:31:55 PM »
salamun AAalaykum,

it seems quite common nowadays, almost like a rule unfortunately, that most discussions in this forum have taken a digressing turn; developing from naive queries into diabolicaling the same discussion, me included.arguments & fights. personal attacks are common, as if some people are holding the absolute truth and reserved the right to run down on the others. name calling is almost a routine. why is that? why?

i always thought that the more one understands & enlivens the qur'an the more solid would be one in character or disposition. this cannot be a fallacy, since the closer one is to God (this of course implies that God is closer to that someone), the more refined should be one's comprehension, or surely without prejudice. but why is this a rarity? why?

what is the objective of understanding the qur'an without enlivening it? let me give some examples of advises taken from al-AAalaq, al-qalam, al-muddaththir & al-muzzammil (all are early meccan surah):
1. when God has advised that we should ponder/study/understand our relationship/connection with (in fact our total dependence on) Him, have we ever done it?
2. when God advised that we should be early in establishing our relationship/connection with Him, have we ever done it? (early in our awakened state is on waking up from sleep.)
3. when God has advised that we should live the day submerging/immersing ourselves in His exalted status, have we ever done it?
4. when God has advised that we should spend some parts of the night to meditate or ponder about some easy things about Him (God), have we ever done it?
5. when God has advised that we should not judge people according to our whims and fancies, what have we done?

so, by the development of things in this forum, it seems to indicate that most of us are getting further and further away from God.

if a personal appeal is allowed, let us all take stock of the 'accounts' in our personal diaries of living in this existence (suhoof). have we improved our ways? or are we digressing and getting worse and worse? and have we rid the thought that we are better (than...)? that is iblees at play.

if this appeal is allowed, it is for more than just a paradigm shift. it means that we must act accordingly to the paradigm shift, or have a break of habits or routines. otherwise we accumulate nothing, but merely understandings or ideas.

may God guide us the correct way, insha-Allah.

peace
mohammed noh

Peace,
Respect.

I agree. I have noticed myself that we open topics and then a discussion is started that simply has no ending and it seems like we don't want it to end, it seems that we want to argue.

I've also noticed that we have been discussing Rashad Khalifa on at least six topics and all together was just five or six people having same topic just opened under six different titles. Sad, i know. I believe that we must remind each other more and more of who we are and where are we heading. Or at least where do we want to go. God knows best and He wants the best for us, it's just that sometimes this world and so called life looks at us in a way that we move our look away little bit too slowly then we should.

Keep up the prayers, sisters and brothers, God Sees and Hears everything.
Read Quran on daily basis and you will be able to avoid fornication, i'm a witness to this. Hvala Bogu, Thank God, AlhamdilAllah.
Brush your teeth before and after a meal, when you wake up and when you got sleep. Believe me, i know what i am talking about.
Be grateful to God for everything that He has given you of the good things and blessings.

Peace be upon you.
39:53 Say: ?O My servants who transgressed against themselves, do not despair of God\'s mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.?

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-1
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 01:46:34 AM »
Very appropriate reminder, brother. Pray that we take very good notice of it and act Or abstain accordingly and with taqwa.

Salaam

Joe Betik

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 12:12:34 AM »
salam Alen,

i am just curious, because your quote of my post is different (your insertion is marked bold & red) from my original. your quote was:

salamun AAalaykum,

it seems quite common nowadays, almost like a rule unfortunately, that most discussions in this forum have taken a digressing turn; developing from naive queries into diabolicaling the same discussion, me included.arguments & fights. personal attacks are common, as if some people are holding the absolute truth and reserved the right to run down on the others. name calling is almost a routine. why is that? why?

when my original post was:

salamun AAalaykum,

it seems quite common nowadays, almost like a rule unfortunately, that most discussions in this forum have taken a digressing turn; developing from naive queries into diabolical arguments & fights. personal attacks are common, as if some people are holding the absolute truth and reserved the right to run down on the others. name calling is almost a routine. why is that? why?

rest assured that i took your insertion as a personal reminder to me, but is there any other particular reason for this?

and perhaps i may also add another personal observation here;
i believe that the message of the qur'an teaches us to liberate ourselves rather than dominate. liberating here implies among others freeing ourselves from prejudices, e.g. against traditions; or against things that our forefathers opined and did; or for our personal truth against others (for God attains one accordingly in progression), etc. therefore in this regard, why do we have to make an issue out of, for e.g., hadiths, rashad khalifa, others' translations/understandings or exegesis, etc.?

essentially, liberating also may imply a detachment from attachments, e.g., freeing the heart from all sorts of feelings (all types of illness of the heart, including ill feelings, cravings, obsessions, hate, jealousy, happiness, fear, despair, anger, etc.) to enjoy the peaceful/tranquil state of the heart; or freeing the mind from the thoughts, perhaps by observing them; or freeing the eyes from all that is visible (where there is no beauty or ugliness) to attain the enlightenment that everything is 'qudratu allah' (where nothing moves without His leave), thus it is what it is and as is, and finally to attain 'AAayna alyaqeen' or the eye of certainty.

this is all about the stages/progressions in one's journey in the path/way of God. it entails 'haqeeqat' and 'maAArifat', but the ultimate is beyond both. and those embarking on the journey in path/way of God will definitely traverse this route. as such, our disposition will surely reflect our station/standing/status at any point of time. it is all about 'khuluq' or character, effected only by a paradigm shift and a change of habits or a break of habits which essentially is a 'AAamila salihan' (self reform).

but as always, this is merely my personal comprehension. it could be wrong as much as it could be true. it is just something that perhaps should be pondered upon and considered. it is a personal choice.

again, thanks for the reminder, Alen, and may peace be upon you. and may God guide us all the correct way, insha-Allah.

warm regards
mohammed noh
"When you realize the difference between the container and the content,
you will have knowledge."

- Idries Shah