News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

What is the source of Evil?

Started by Madhoshi04, April 19, 2010, 08:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asubmitter

Salaam,

One of the attributes and names of God, is al-Rauf, which means the source of goodness,  in the Gospel Jesus refutes being called a good teacher, and says for only God is good, I must be careful I cannot say anything without it being verifiable.   There is a logical sequence in this, but the main themes of cinema and literature portray evil as being real, in order to instill fear in people, with the continuous barrage of this idea that evil is real, it becomes hard to not become schizophrenic or paranoid. With continued emphasis on what causes evil among people, hatred, lust, greed, envy, malice and pride, if we attempt to kill the ego, then submit to God, we realise God is Most Gracious, Most Merciful.  I went to a 'wake', like a gathering for one of my uncles who died, and it is common for people to express condolences and to say 'Allah ni marzee', which means it is God's will.

Since 9-11 there has been a continuous propagation that evil is real, with the bombings blamed upon suicide bombers, but showing plain evil, for example the bombings at a Shrine in Pakistan, if you think 'evil', then you are more likely to accept the illuminati being behind such attacks than mad Muhammadans, then if we look at the decline of insects such as bees, there maybe foul play involved in this too, they may be trying to destroy life before the end of time, then with the genetically engineered swine flu, trying to cull the world's population.  But they are covert, secretive, and conspirators, and there spirit resides in all their minions, from police, to psychiatrist, to governments, they are servants of the illuminati, even many academia, never once in the whole 4 years at Durham during 98-02 did I hear anything about the illuminati,  they simply do not teach it, nor anything about the mathematical discovery and miracle of the code of the Quran, even though I was studying history and politics of the Middle East with Arabic, even the academia, they profess arrested development, but I prefer to keep the faith.  

To God belongs the most beautiful names, and cannot be the source of evil, the cause of evil in people, can be due to one of these things, greed, hatred, malice, pride, envy and lust.  There are many working examples of these catergories, greed, if we look to the destruction of the planet by trading in fractional deposits, where money and wealth are being created when there is nothing of worth in deposit, instead of looking below we keep trying to reach an illusive point above, instead of charity there is usury.  If we look at lust, how having many sexual partners can be detrimental to ones health, that sex should be between man and wife, not with whoever if you look to AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases, it is clear we are designed like pigeons to have one marriage partner, but see the effects of sexualisation on family, on women, and men and children.  It is a great evil, lust.  

If we kill our egos and submit to God, because God is Most Gracious and Most Merciful which we realise due to our salats and having reached certainty, we pray like the mother of Mary, when Mary was born, 'I invoke the protection for her and her descendants from the rejected Devil.'

As for the example of knives, in the words of Sting, 'never saw no miracle of science that didn't go from a blessing to a curse'.

A simple allegory, which my mum used to tell me, the more sugar you put in your tea the more sweeter it will be.  Holding on to your mind, and not giving any clues as to your true self, then one day like a rose you will bud open, and the beauty will be for all to see.  The clocks are moving faster and slower, it could take forever it could take a minute, for multitudes of life forms to exist on this planet.  Just flow, try not retain, even if you do, sooner or later it will be carried away with the continuous stream.

Peace

A Submitter

Pel

As far a I know God created everything as wel as evil. I would say that God created evil in order to test us and since God himself is Good he has warned us of the consequences through his prophets.

In the Kooran hell is mentioned aproximately 200 times so none can say that he didn't give a fair warning about the consequences.

God does what he wils and what he wils must be perfect justice since his knowledge and power are infinite. An infinetly wise being would not make unjust decisions.

Peace

nerspi

Quote from: Pel on October 10, 2010, 06:08:29 AM
As far a I know God created everything as wel as evil. I would say that God created evil in order to test us and since God himself is Good he has warned us of the consequences through his prophets.

In the Kooran hell is mentioned aproximately 200 times so none can say that he didn't give a fair warning about the consequences.

God does what he wils and what he wils must be perfect justice since his knowledge and power are infinite. An infinetly wise being would not make unjust decisions.

Peace

hmm, i agree... since God created everything, universe, planets, us, souls, dreams, other worlds, and all that is still unknown, why wouldn't He create evil, then who did? where did evil come from?
just a while ago i was thinking of 'why', why everything, why would God create anything, why create heaven and hell, why create galaxies, why create planets, why create humans like this, ... why... why create beings then reward them or punish them, why create good and evil in this world, why create the satan and let him loose in this world, why not stop him, why not remove evil people and start fresh, why not create another miracle and feed millions of starving people in the world...???????

i guess He has a reason, from observing this world, i guess evil was made to be on this world, as a test like you said, or obstacle to be overcome :)

Pel

Another thing I thought of is that in order to have free will you have to create an ability to disobey. I supose if you can disobey but you don't than that is true obedience. In case of us humans we have free will and plus there is satan trying to lead us astray. So when you consider all that is trying to lead us astray resisting it and obeying God is something worth the reward.
Thanks

rraza

in my psychology lectures we were told abt an experiment carried out a couple of years back inwhich a 100 ppl took part. the design was such tht two ppl took part in the experiment at a time. one was the subject and the other guy was an accomplice of the experimenter. the aim ws to test how far wud ppl go to obey someone in authority. the design was that one person wud be the teacher and the other the learner (of a list of words). the selection of the teacher/learner ws rigged so that the subject always became the teacher. every time the learner got a wrong answer the teacher had to shock him, and increase the shock levels after every wrong answer. the range of the shocks was frm abt 20 volts to xxx (above 450 volts). the teacher was informed by the learner that he had heart problems etc and that shud be kept in mind while giving teh shocks.

our class was asked howmany ppl wud go all the way to xxx...i think evryone said not more than 1 or 2 out of the 100 ppl.
it was a shock when the results showed that more than 60% of the people in the experiment went till xxx. they did show signs of distress when the learner was howling, but continued when the experimenter said "u have to continue" and "i take full responsibility of the consequences".

the purpose i wanted to tellu abt this is that this really shocked me. knowing that majority of us have the potential to harm someone else seriously, if pushed into it. it was not only the sadistic ppl who went till the xxx mark but also regular ppl like u and me. it made me think how good are we at the end of the day.. why did God think man was good enough to have the angels submit to him? why defend man when the angels are asking Him abt the wisdom of sending man to the earth? id like to believe that humans are good, but the more i delve into the psychology of man, the more i realise how much sin we do evryday in our lives. were we meant to be like this? its our nature to make mistakes and do wrong. very few ppl have the strength to control sin..we may not indulge in killing etc, but we do lie and deceive and hurt others.

why are we like this, if we are a race about whom God said "i know wat you do not" i hv yet to find a reason for God putting so much faith into us when we have caused corruption in this land, as teh angels said we would.
hell...is simply an absence of God

FAR

Quote from: rraza on October 15, 2010, 07:25:30 PM
in my psychology lectures we were told abt an experiment carried out a couple of years back inwhich a 100 ppl took part. the design was such tht two ppl took part in the experiment at a time. one was the subject and the other guy was an accomplice of the experimenter. the aim ws to test how far wud ppl go to obey someone in authority. the design was that one person wud be the teacher and the other the learner (of a list of words). the selection of the teacher/learner ws rigged so that the subject always became the teacher. every time the learner got a wrong answer the teacher had to shock him, and increase the shock levels after every wrong answer. the range of the shocks was frm abt 20 volts to xxx (above 450 volts). the teacher was informed by the learner that he had heart problems etc and that shud be kept in mind while giving teh shocks.

our class was asked howmany ppl wud go all the way to xxx...i think evryone said not more than 1 or 2 out of the 100 ppl.
it was a shock when the results showed that more than 60% of the people in the experiment went till xxx. they did show signs of distress when the learner was howling, but continued when the experimenter said "u have to continue" and "i take full responsibility of the consequences".

the purpose i wanted to tellu abt this is that this really shocked me. knowing that majority of us have the potential to harm someone else seriously, if pushed into it. it was not only the sadistic ppl who went till the xxx mark but also regular ppl like u and me. it made me think how good are we at the end of the day.. why did God think man was good enough to have the angels submit to him? why defend man when the angels are asking Him abt the wisdom of sending man to the earth? id like to believe that humans are good, but the more i delve into the psychology of man, the more i realise how much sin we do evryday in our lives. were we meant to be like this? its our nature to make mistakes and do wrong. very few ppl have the strength to control sin..we may not indulge in killing etc, but we do lie and deceive and hurt others.

why are we like this, if we are a race about whom God said "i know wat you do not" i hv yet to find a reason for God putting so much faith into us when we have caused corruption in this land, as teh angels said we would.

If I were you, I would rather question the test.

Have a look at the criticisms of the Milgram experiment:

in the quran, we are told to keep away from falsehood.

http://corpus.quran.com/search.jsp?t=1&q=falsehood

Also, ignore psychology... it's a dud subject. You will not learn anything but a failure upon humanity.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/article1131784.ece
QuoteWhy psychology has got it wrong
Psychoanalysis was one of the "backbone" sciences of the 20th century, yet depression and behavioural problems are rife today. In the first of two articles, our correspondent explains why psychology has failed

You may wish to refer to something that Wakas of Free-minds likes to reference in regarding to proper scientific methods:

http://misconceptions-about-islam.com/religion-science-reason-compatible.htm

You may also wish to refer to this lecture:
http://www.youtube.com/user/faro0485?feature=mhum#p/f/29/IhptKiANDeo
Masalam

P.S. I am a muslim. Do you love the quran?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/faro0485?feature=mhum#g/f"]http://www.youtube.com/user/faro0485?feature=mhum#g/f[/url]

Wootah

My understanding is that there is no such thing as evil in Islam.

Muslim Apologist from England
http://hamzatzortzis.blogspot.com/2009/09/philosophical-theological-response-to.html

My understanding and summary of his view is, "What problem?". He doesn't believe in evil.
I'm a Christian ... just letting you know.

Someone

Peace all,

What is the source on Evil?

If we remove the human race from the equation of this wolrd, will it be possible to have Evil (whatever one mean by Evil)?

Certainly, without humans there can be no Evil.

Gogol

I have always found it strange that unmitigated 'evil' exists in the world of a just creator.
On an intellectual level it has never made sense.
On a practical and spiritual level it absolutley makes no sense.
I dont think there is any 'natural' moral order to the world except those which man makes,or those which he is inclined to.

I will ask the ultimate question posed by ivan to his brother alyosha, 'If you were the potential creator of the world and you could create the perfect world for humanity but to do this you needed to make one poor child suffer,would you do it?'

Wootah

Quote from: Gogol on October 26, 2010, 06:13:27 AM
I will ask the ultimate question posed by ivan to his brother alyosha, 'If you were the potential creator of the world and you could create the perfect world for humanity but to do this you needed to make one poor child suffer,would you do it?'

But have you considered the ultimate reply?

'How would you prevent suffering and still allow free will?"
I'm a Christian ... just letting you know.