Author Topic: Wife beating in islam? The Quran strikes back  (Read 73663 times)

Taro Hiroshi

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Wife beating in islam? The Quran strikes back
« Reply #260 on: November 03, 2014, 07:27:13 AM »
Beating your wife is not an obligations, it is your right, and you can decide to do it or not.

Which verse in the Quran says that it is a man's right to beat his wife? Do you have any Quranic evidence that supports your claim? Or is your rule based on your personal likes and dislikes instead of the book of God?

It seems that your rule is based on the mistranslation and misinterpretation of verse 4:34 in the Quran. Because in reality there is no verse in the Quran that supports wife beating.

Farabi

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #261 on: November 03, 2014, 08:07:26 AM »
Ok fine I get it. Beating your wife is wrong.   :giveup:
At first I thought I'll be neutral by replacing my emotional attachment, what then happened was, I switch my side from the other extreme to the other one. I had no idea what is neutrality.

Taro Hiroshi

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #262 on: November 03, 2014, 04:20:45 PM »

FindingRightPath

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #263 on: November 03, 2014, 07:23:24 PM »
I mean, it is not an obligations, it is your right like you scold your children when they making a mistake. What word you should pick for such condition?

So you are saying your wive is your child, and it is your right to scold her because she is a child and need to be corrected.

JavaLatte

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #264 on: November 03, 2014, 08:10:15 PM »
Ok fine I get it. Beating your wife is wrong.   :giveup:

Semoga Allah memudahkan anda dan istri anda untuk bisa menjaga kerukunan rumah tangga, saudara Farabi.

Supaya rumah tangga anda tenang, tidak ada pukul-pukulan atau pun omel-omelan.  :)

May Allah bless you and your family.  Salām.  :D
[33:72] Verily, We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they refused to bear it and they were afraid of it; but man bear it - verily, he was transgressing, ignorant.

Farabi

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #265 on: November 03, 2014, 08:33:56 PM »
Semoga Allah memudahkan anda dan istri anda untuk bisa menjaga kerukunan rumah tangga, saudara Farabi.

Supaya rumah tangga anda tenang, tidak ada pukul-pukulan atau pun omel-omelan.  :)

May Allah bless you and your family.  Salām.  :D

You made me sound like I used to beat my wife. I did not married yet.
At first I thought I'll be neutral by replacing my emotional attachment, what then happened was, I switch my side from the other extreme to the other one. I had no idea what is neutrality.

Farabi

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #266 on: November 03, 2014, 08:35:49 PM »
So you are saying your wive is your child, and it is your right to scold her because she is a child and need to be corrected.

Yes I said that, but since many people doesnot like it I guess, I will not saying it anymore.  :giveup:

FindingRightPath

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #267 on: November 03, 2014, 08:52:32 PM »
Yes I said that, but since many people doesnot like it I guess, I will not saying it anymore.  :giveup:

But why? Your wife is not your child. Do you consider yourself your wife's father?

Even most parents don't hit kids. There can be exceptions though.

Farabi

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #268 on: November 03, 2014, 09:22:45 PM »
But why? Your wife is not your child. Do you consider yourself your wife's father?

Even most parents don't hit kids. There can be exceptions though.

I saw it from shlomo book, proverbs
Proverb 23:13
13. Do not withhold discipline from a child; when you strike him with a rod, he will not die.
http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/16394

FindingRightPath

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #269 on: November 03, 2014, 09:38:11 PM »
I saw it from shlomo book, proverbshttp://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/16394

It is talking about parents and children which has nothing to do with the topic.

You said you consider your wife a child, and it is your right to correct her. I asked do you consider yourself your wife's father? Answer me this simple question.