Author Topic: I'm a new, self-professed "Believer"  (Read 6162 times)

martha1031

• Beginner/Inquirer
Re: I'm a new, self-professed "Believer"
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 03:21:50 PM »
Hello and welcome,

I also recently started calling myself a Muslim, but now a Submitter because English is my language. I'm 43, so in my 40's too. What has helped me in dealing with the conflict I see among people due to religion is reminding myself that if deeds or words are hateful then they have absolutely nothing to do with religion. Anyone who judges, hates, or kills is not practicing true religion. In fact, they are following Satan, and they are using words tied to true religion in order to deceive those that are unsure or frail. Through other self-learning I've done, I learned that certain parts of Earth have special energy somehow tied to heaven so praying in a certain direction makes sense to me, though prior to becoming a Submitter in October of this (almost last) year, I would just pray wherever I was at in whatever direction I was facing. Prayer has been the healing power in my life and I'm grateful for the way it has shaped me. I grew up Catholic by the way.

Martha

syyiam

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 08:01:45 PM »
hello martha,

Peace,
As you are I've been lurking in this forum in out just to search what the part of the below verses of Quran :

from fm translations:

69:0 In the name of God, the Almighty, the Merciful.
69:1 The reality.
69:2 What is the reality?

And yes I'm still struggling as English not to mention Arabic is my biggest weaknesses and sometimes I experienced brain freeze that render myself not knowing what to do. I just hope that God guides me before the ultimatum comes knocking...

70:5 So be patient with a good patience.
70:6 They see it as far away.
70:7 And We see it as near.

So God Please Help Us...

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2014, 11:44:19 PM »
Peace Syyiam.

69:13-18 gives you  your answer on what will be the " reality"?

Here are the sequence of events of that "reality":
69:13
When the horn is blown once.
فَإِذا نُفِخَ فِى الصّورِ نَفخَةٌ وٰحِدَةٌ
69:14
The earth and the mountains will be carried off and crushed; utterly crushed.
وَحُمِلَتِ الأَرضُ وَالجِبالُ فَدُكَّتا دَكَّةً وٰحِدَةً
69:15
That is the day when the inevitable event will come to pass.
فَيَومَئِذٍ وَقَعَتِ الواقِعَةُ
69:16
The heaven will crack, and fall apart.
وَانشَقَّتِ السَّماءُ فَهِىَ يَومَئِذٍ واهِيَةٌ
69:17
The angels will be all around, and Your Lord's dominion will then encompass eight (universes).*
وَالمَلَكُ عَلىٰ أَرجائِها وَيَحمِلُ عَرشَ رَبِّكَ فَوقَهُم يَومَئِذٍ ثَمٰنِيَةٌ

( In the Hereafter, an eighth universe will be created that will be even farther than our seventh universe; it will be called ``Hell'') (89:23).

69:18
On that day, you will be exposed, nothing of you can be hidden.
يَومَئِذٍ تُعرَضونَ لا تَخفىٰ مِنكُم خافِيَةٌ

On that day,happy will be the one who is given his/her record in the "right hand"and sad and remorseful will be the one who is given his/her record in the left hand?

GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

syyiam

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2015, 05:46:20 AM »
peace good logic,

Thanks for replying,Yes that the verses that I refer by "ultimatum" in this very life or when death come near or sudden, not meant to tell my life story but deep down inside I feel so lonely...just trying and trying to talk to god and ask for forgiveness and provisions since so much sins during the ignorance days...dunno whether this is the retribution or a test but feeling more like retribution which I'm slowly failing to doom..almost everything I do and plan failed and that's resulting to my brain freeze out and dunno what to do..feeling my life is so low and useless not be able to contribute to good deeds that mention in the Quran. When I read the post by some of forumers here than i start wishing that I have the understanding and the bravery of you guys and start wondering how you guys even manage to do all the research and yet live daily life day after day which I start to fail big time, hmm enough already, i'm sorry to waste your time by these off topic pathethic story of my life..meantime I'll try asking again and again from God until he provides the inspiration/provisions or ultimately die trying.

peace..may god help us all. by the way sorry for the bad english.. :&

LiberalBelief

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2019, 11:36:07 AM »
It's been years since I, the OP, have visited this forum.

Yes, I'm still liberal. And I still pray as much as I could. Trying to be a 'decent' muslim.

After all these years, the best part is this: I was able to draw my wife 'back' into Islam! Her previous hubby was a Muslim and she had taken up Islam while they were together. After they separated, she left Islam.

I met her in 2010 and we wedded in 2014. Yes, during the wedding, she sworn in to accept Islam, but didn't take things seriously. (We live in different part of the country).

Now that I was able to urge her to 'get back' into believing in Allah, she seems to be accepting slowly.

Few days ago we were traveling to another town in search of supplies for the business. While we were on the way, we prayed in the car and asked that Allah will let us find the supplies we wanted.

I was driving towards our planned destination, a very familiar route. Suddenly I took a wrong turn, got into the wrong road, and headed elsewhere. I know where the road was heading to and then said to my wife, "Alright, let's get there. Allah has some tricks up his sleeve."

When we arrived at the 'unplanned' destination, we were able to find our supplies at a much, much, much lower price. My wife was so surprised and then said to me, "Allah is great!" I was so happy that Allah lead us there. And even more happy that her faith in Allah has strengthened.

If not a miracle, what can it be!
"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2019, 10:26:50 AM »
Yes, I'm still liberal. And I still pray as much as I could. Trying to be a 'decent' muslim.

Good for you.. whatever label that you put on yourselves or everyone else put on you doesn't matter.

When we arrived at the 'unplanned' destination, we were able to find our supplies at a much, much, much lower price. My wife was so surprised and then said to me, "Allah is great!" I was so happy that Allah lead us there. And even more happy that her faith in Allah has strengthened.

If not a miracle, what can it be!

Miracle is a normality... normality is miracle.. it merely dependent on one perception.
ASK and it shall be given, SEEK and you shall find.

Lost

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2019, 05:09:22 AM »
Schizophrenic or liar...

keno

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2019, 05:32:10 PM »
Peace be upon you my friend.

When you said that you heard God speak to you, my eyes lit up. Not to say that we have the same starting point, but boy it surely is similar.

It says in the Quran 42:51

And it is for a mortal that God should speak to him only by instruction or from behind a barrier or send a messenger to give instruction by his leave in what he wills. He is exalted, wise.

You talked about seeing a snake or the tail of a snake, and also that you where not to open your eyes until told otherwise..

My real introduction to islam was a result of of both hearing a voice, a voice of awesome might, telling me that I "had to understand" and that I had to fast for 40 days. I also saw an awesome snake slithering on the wall. It frightened me.  The whole ordeal ended up with me jumping from a  20 meter tall building and shattering my body. Read my introduction post on this sub-forum for a clearer picture.

So it got me pondering about the whole idea of God and I just stopped after I came home from the hospital, but gradually I found bits and pieces about relying on the Quran and here I am seeking to share ideas and experiences.

I don't understand this verse properly, but given what the verse says you could see that maybe the Quran is the instruction and if you talk to someone from behind a barrier you wouldn't be able to hear, but the words where spoken none the less

So does God talk to us directly like he did with Moses, or are we supposed to rely upon the Quran in order to "hear" God talk to us. I mean in my case, why would the message be so cryptic and lead me to jumping of a buidling believing that I would be catched by angels? The psychiatrist went with psychosis in my case, but I believe that the experience has a higher meaning than medical terms. Given that you experienced something similar it further semets that idea in my opinion.

God bless you.

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2019, 10:14:15 PM »
So does God talk to us directly like he did with Moses, or are we supposed to rely upon the Quran in order to "hear" God talk to us. I mean in my case, why would the message be so cryptic and lead me to jumping of a buidling believing that I would be catched by angels? The psychiatrist went with psychosis in my case, but I believe that the experience has a higher meaning than medical terms. Given that you experienced something similar it further semets that idea in my opinion.

God talk to each of us directly.
Yet the actual means of communication varies... as there are zillion means of communication.
And He controls everything.

One thing for sure God was, is and will talk to you through your conscience... rely on it.

Post your question to Him and He will answer. But sometimes you don't like the answer.
As realizing our own mistakes is key for learning, as through mistakes we learn.

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2019, 01:54:45 AM »
peace,

When you said that you heard God speak to you, my eyes lit up. Not to say that we have the same starting point, but boy it surely is similar.

It says in the Quran 42:51

You may be interested in this book, it has a chapter on it:
https://archive.org/stream/ToshihikoIzutsuGodAndManInTheQuran/Toshihiko-Izutsu-God-and-Man-in-The-Quran_djvu.txt

6. Communicative Relation Between God and Man:
Non-linguistic Communication
I. The ‘Signs’ of God
II. Divine Guidance
III. The Worship as a Means of Communication
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org