Author Topic: I'm a new, self-professed "Believer"  (Read 5207 times)

Rev.John

• Wise One / Burnout
Re: I'm a new, self-professed "Believer"
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 09:59:42 AM »
One of the best prayers of thanks I ever heard was from a teenager who just simply said to God "Thanks Mate"
http://www.ChristianChurchofReality.com
Only God has the answer and only God knows the truth
www.islandminister.com

Just so you know, I am a God-alone Christian and a Church Minister

Joe Betik

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 03:08:34 PM »
salam liberalbrother,

welcome to the forum, bro!

that has always been my belief; communicate with God and God will communicate with you. He is the reference since He is our creator.

nothing compares with your personal experiences indeed, for it is the truth. anybody can say anything, but for me, your experiences have addressed many issues regarding God. your experiences have proven to you, among others (in my opinion);
a. as you have said, God exists;
b. people can talk to God (but whether God will talk to one is another thing), like what you have done;
c. God is always listening (He has answered your greetings, right?);
d. God is near (we can whisper to Him);
e. God is still giving guidance to people (don't open your eyes just yet, right?); etc.

perhaps i may say here; when you comprehend who God is (or perhaps even who you are), then religion is irrelevant. when you have a correct relationship with God (and with the purity of heart too), then you are a servant of God. and we should let God determine whether we are good enough to be moslems by His account.

i am happy for you indeed. alhamdulillah.

mohammed noh
"When you realize the difference between the container and the content,
you will have knowledge."

- Idries Shah

AlFajr

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 04:18:58 PM »
One of the best prayers of thanks I ever heard was from a teenager who just simply said to God "Thanks Mate"
;D
No matter how far you have gone down the wrong path, turn around.
Some helpful links.

http://corpus.quran.com/
http://www.studyquran.co.uk/PRLonline.htm

Zidane

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 06:24:56 PM »
 :welcome: LiberalBelief!

Amazing story! I've been trying to talk to God many many times too - although I don't "hear" his reply (yet), but I "understand" His communication through the happiness, wisdom and understandings of things.

But I probably won't be a serious practicing Muslim anyway. I will do whatever is possible, avoid whatever is possible. But I will pray. I will praise God. And I will do it MY way. God is everywhere. I don't think it's right that I have to turn to some direction to talk to God. I will pray to Him in the language I understand (certainly not Arabic) because God is certainly not language-challenged. I will pray in whatever gesture I want. Nothing rituals. And I will still live by any good teachings of any other religion, any person (like the Prayer of St. Francis or even that of Buddha). I probably won't go on the pilgrimage. God is HERE, why go elsewhere?

In the end, I may not turn out to be a Muslim, but rather a believer of goodness.

A believer who believes in GOD ALONE.

Very wise statement.

Yes, God is not limited by his laws of time and "dimension"/space - so He's everywhere.

I'm sure you'll see many many interpretations of many many issues here from many "truth seekers" and yourself - about Salaat, Zakat, pilgrimage, rituals, "where was muhammad", etc.

Consider what solves the equation - going well with His natural laws and brings wisdom.

Don't worry about the common understanding of "practicing" is rather just rituals and culture - instead of practicing the core of Giving Thanks and Praise to God alone and do Good through maintain the covenant and do good to the society (aqemus-salat wa atuz-zakat).

The real "practice" is maintaining/holding your various Salat/Bond with God of being a good person - that is, follow His commands and glorifying GOD ALONE and do not transgress - for example: always speak the truth, be fair in trade and judgement, be patient, be sincere, do not speak gossip, use good words/language, avoid intoxicants, be faithful in wedlock, do not do adultery, help the poor/needy/wayfarer, do good for your society, etc.

This is related to the "Salat" issue you can see throughout the forum, you can read http://www.free-minds.org/salat_anon and see the Salat = Bond/Covenant/Contract interpretation. (Let's not discuss that here and get this thread off-topic)

theNabster

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 10:34:19 AM »
Peace LiberalBelief,
Thank you for sharing...
Your snake story brought tears to my eyes.
May The God bless you...
Peace
41:53 We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to
them that this (the Qur'?n) is the truth. ...

MUNZIR ALI

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 05:48:01 AM »
:bravo:

FindingRightPath

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 09:23:20 AM »
Salaam,

You experience was inspirational. Thanks for sharing.  :)

Zack

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 10:09:13 PM »
A 4 year old post but still inspires! I wonder what the journey of "Liberalbelief" (and Rev John) has been since 2010?

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 01:17:16 AM »
Faith be upon you,

I find it cool that Rev. John refers to himself as 'Christian Minister', but participated on a Qur'an forum.

However, with my latest "realizations" it appears that "Muslim" simply refers to a person with faith, so it could be any person with faith, it is not specified, although one must be faithful to the right cause, i.e. what is called 'Allah' in Arabic (and Elohim in Hebrew/Aramaic although they basically mean the same linguistically). It should be "b'ism'Allah", with the spirit of Allah.

Many people who are convicted to other groups would be insulted if you would call them "Muslim", but if they knew what it really means then it would not be so insulting. However, finally you have a way of knowing what you should aim towards in a translation of "Muslim" into English. A problem is that "Believer" is inaccurate and is not honest to this phenomenon of being 'united' (iman/amen) with Allah/"God".

But check what 'Longman Advanced American Dictionary says about 'faithful'.

faith‧ful 1 / ˈfeɪθfəl / adjective
1              remaining loyal to a person, belief, political party etc. and continuing to support them :

and check faith:

faith / feɪθ / S3 W2 noun
1 TRUST/​BELIEF IN SOMEBODY/​SOMETHING [ uncountable ]              a strong feeling of trust or confidence in someone or something :               

The problem is that people associate "belief" into the picture while "iman/amen" does not translate or is defined as "belief" but rather according to this dictionary definition of faith and faithful, although you attribute the wrong word too since "salam" refers to faith while "iman/amen" refers to "unity".

Belief is synonymous with thinking, uncertainty and that it not what the 'Rabb' is asking for, but seeks confidence. There is a huge misrepresentation of what the 'Rabb' wills here.

I humorously translated it as 'faithling', since I have not really found a good translation of making a proper name of 'faith', while Arabic easily assigns a 'meem' in front of the word and suffixes is with the "objectifier" 'nun'. But I refuse to define myself as "Believer" for I know it is inaccurate and shows weak faith.

We have faithful one, two words. Faithful to what? The 'Rabb'.

Do you want to know what Arabic words means 'belief'? I know which one, henceforth.

خ و ف kwaf does not mean fear but it means believe/think, or rather uncertainty as you can see below. It is another misconception in "Islam".

13:12 He is the One who shows you the lightning, giving you fear uncertainty and hope. And He establishes the heavy clouds.

2:38 We said: ?Descend from it all of you, so when the guidance comes from Me, then whoever follows My guidance, no uncertainty will be upon them, nor will they grieve.?

Note: You can also say they have no reason to believe anything, i.e. belief does not exist if you are able to perceive. This means belief are for those of weak faith.

2:112 No; whoever himself is faithful to God, while doing good, he will have his recompense with his Lord. There will be no uncertainty, nor will they grieve.

As you notice, my previous preaching about doing good and having faith in "God" is the truth from your 'Rabb' and my 'Rabb'. But if you insist on continuing to be stubborn in interpreting 'salateh' and some other words as taken from a Pagan mindset then there will be contemplation for you, verily.

2:114 needs serious reinterpretation, I leave it, but it is not because my argument is weak. Besides if I use my own interpretation skill and it looks very different from the scribes and scholars then you may still not have faith in what I say regardless. I keep my own translations to threads I keep my mind focused at.

2:155 And We will test you with uncertainty and hunger, and a shortage in money and lives and fruits. And give good news to those who are patient.

You must consider that the testing is through making some people question their faith and the weak lose their faith.

2:182 If anyone fears uncertain (about) harm or sin from his beneficiary, then reconcile what is between them. God is Forgiving, Merciful.

The important thing with خ و ف (kwaf) is that is reflects uncertainty. That is an important message with this. It is better if one is not خ و ف.

2:229 The divorce is allowed twice. So, either they remain together equitably, or they part ways with goodness. And it is not lawful for you to take back anything you have given them unless you are uncertain that they will not uphold the boundaries of God. So if you are uncertain that they will not uphold the boundaries of God, then there is no sin upon them for what is given back. These are the boundaries of God so do not transgress them. And whoever shall transgress the boundaries of God, then these are the wicked.

Honestly; a person with faith does not have this kind of fear that traditionalism wants to imply.

I tried to find about belief and I found uncertainty, how interesting.

3:175 It is only the devil trying to create uncertainty for you, so do not choose their uncertainty and be uncertain if they are united ones.
3:176 And do not be saddened by those who rush into delusion. They will not harm God in the least. God does not wish to make for them any share in the Hereafter, and they will have a painful retribution.

It is sad that I have to reinterpret the whole passage because it is wrong. I wish it did not have to be like this.

Have faith
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net

LiberalBelief

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 06:52:49 AM »
A 4 year old post but still inspires! I wonder what the journey of "Liberalbelief" (and Rev John) has been since 2010?

I'm still a LiberalBelief. I've learned the ritual 'salat' now and praying whenever I can. And, yes, I find peace whenever I do that.

And still living a 'normal life', hurting no one and bringing smiles to everyone (when they deserve it).
"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -- Mahatma Gandhi