News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Quranic teaching materials??

Started by Submitterwife, January 17, 2010, 11:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Submitterwife

Salaam
Anyone know where to find Quranic educational materials to teach and train children about submission/islam and the Quran. Most resources I have found include hadiths and traditions that I want to keep my children away from. I have printed almost every Y.E.S from submission.org and we read and go over the Quran and prayers daily but I would like something more challenging for them to read and study and learn if possible. Any ideas or websites y'all have found would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

nsws1988

Peace and  :welcome:

I am not aware of any websites but since there are a few parents on this forum, how about you all make teaching materials and share them with one another?
One idea that I've had stuck in my head is Quran stories, just like how you get bible stories for children. And then the moral of the story can be discussed. If each parent wrote one and shared it, then we'll end up with a collection of stories.

Submitterwife

Why Thank you I feel very welcomed here. That is a good idea. It would be fun to work with other parents and make some quranic educational materials.

MUNZIR ALI

Quote from: Submitterwife on January 17, 2010, 11:34:46 AM
Salaam
Anyone know where to find Quranic educational materials to teach and train children about submission/islam and the Quran. Most resources I have found include hadiths and traditions that I want to keep my children away from. I have printed almost every Y.E.S from submission.org and we read and go over the Quran and prayers daily but I would like something more challenging for them to read and study and learn if possible. Any ideas or websites y'all have found would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Free-minds.org articles are a important source of info that provides education material/articles to train children. They helped me discover GOD alone. The important thing is to start at a young age. I'm 14 now.  :sun:

Submitterwife

Why thank you. I will look into that.

aynur

Quote from: Submitterwife on January 17, 2010, 11:34:46 AM
Salaam

I'm not sure how old your kids are?  Mine are pretty young, and I haven't started anything with them yet - but I'm planning on getting some of these books - "Goodword Kidz: Quran Stories for Little Hearts" - now I haven't read any of them so I'm not sure if they include any hadith material. 
http://www.islamicbookstore.com/children-goodword-prophet-series-for-tiny-tots.html

MUNZIR ALI

Submitterwife

I ordered a children's Quran stories book as well, Im still waiting to recieve it in the mail. I usually disregard the hadith material or if its small enough I type my own version of the page and re-print it. My children are 7 and 9 although the 7yr old is the only one who lives with us until the end of summer.

asubmitter

If you have time , you may wish to check out the links at the bottom of this post, twelve three, a two year project of self reflection without communication with any other person, and to see if there is any purpose to 3 attributes of God as well as other threes,

Also written some poetry, as well as produced some music.

I'm not a hermit, only a back injury has led to me being mainly indoors, so I spend it trying to strive in the cause of God, I hope my Lord accepts my submission to His will, and guide me in the right path and not make any of it in vain. 

But with anything, there is always the question of whether what we are witnessing is unique or rehearsed,  so inevitably people will look for similarities between other people's work and sayings to disregard the proofs but if you have sincerity you may learn a great deal.

peace

ay

Please let me know if those Quran Stories are any good... :-) would be interested in them myself
if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor