About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

DIETARY LAW

Started by kaamil, January 14, 2010, 02:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaamil

DIETARY LAW

WHAT THE GOD NAME HAS BEEN MENTIONED UPON IS =HALAL

I will god willing attempt in this short article to explain that what the god name has been mentioned upon is equals to halal and what the god name has not been mentioned upon is equals to haram.
In verses 2:173, 5:3 and 6:145 it is clear that dead meat, running blood, flesh of swine and animals dedicated to other than the god are forbidden so every other animals besides these four are by default halal (permissible).
He hath only forbidden you dead meat and blood and the flesh of swine and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah but if one is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience nor transgressing due limits then is he guiltless.  For Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful. 2:173 Yusuf Ali
Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat blood the flesh of swine and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah that which hath been killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a headlong fall or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety.  This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me.  This day have I perfected your religion for you completed my favor upon you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.  But if any forced by hunger with no inclination to transgression Allah is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.5:3 Yusuf Ali
Say: "I find not in the Message received by me by inspiration any (meat) forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it unless it be dead meat or blood poured forth or the flesh of swine for it is an abomination or what is impious (meat) on which a name has been invoked other than Allah's."  But (even so) if a person is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience nor transgressing due limits thy Lord is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.6:145 Yusuf Ali

The requirement in verse 6:118
So eat of (meats) on which Allah's name hath been pronounced if ye have faith in His Signs. Yusuf Ali
In this verse we are not asked to mention the name of the god on what we are about to eat but to eat what the name of the god has already been mentioned on. The fundamental question is how do we know what the name of the god has been mention upon to eat from it? The following verses clarifies further; verse 6:119 ;
Why should ye not eat of (meats) on which Allah's name hath been pronounced when He hath explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you except under compulsion of necessity?  But many do mislead (men) by their appetites unchecked by knowledge.  Thy Lord knoweth best those who transgress. Yusuf Ali

Implicit in this verse is that what is not prohibited for us is equivalent to what the name of the god has been mentioned upon and the god asked us to reflect why we should entertain a moment hesitation or restriction in eating them.
similarly, in verse 6:121
Eat not of (meats) on which Allah's name hath not been pronounced: that would be impiety.  But the evil ones ever inspire their friends to contend with you; if ye were to obey them ye would indeed be pagans. Yusuf Ali

We are enjoined not to eat what the name of the god is not mentioned upon and we are told that what the name of the god is not mentioned upon is fisq (impiety), the same word fisq (impiety) is also mentioned in connection to the forbidden food in the aforementioned verses in  2:173 and 6:145, so putting verse 6:120 together with verses 2:173 and 6:145 it became clear that what the name of the god is not mentioned is equals to haram i.e. forbidden foods that were mentioned in verses, 2:173, 5:3 and 6:145.
A further clarification is verse 5:4
They ask thee what is lawful to them (as food): say: Lawful unto you are (all) things good and pure: and what ye have taught your trained hunting animals (to catch) in the manner directed to you by Allah; eat what they catch for you but pronounce the name of Allah over it: and fear Allah; for Allah is swift in taking account. Yusuf Ali

We are told to eat what our prey animals? hunts for us but the god sound a note of warning to us to remember the name of the god upon them and asked us to fear Him.
Here verses 6:118 - 119 and 120 became very clear. The requirement is that we should not eat for granted but to make sure that what we are about to eat do not fall under the category of the forbidden food that is why we are especially caution to remember the name of the god on what our hunting animals catch for us i.e. to verify that it is not forbidden (dead meat). The god caution us to fear him meaning that we should not for the simply reason that the meat is already handy thereby rationalize and eat it without due verification.
In verse 6:138 And they say that such and such cattle and crops are taboo and none should eat of them except those whom so they say We wish; further there are cattle forbidden to yoke or burden and cattle on which the name of Allah is not pronounced; inventions against Allah's name: soon will He requite them for their inventions.
here the polytheist are saying that these animals the god name is not mentioned upon them, they are implying that such animals are forbidden whereas the god said they are liers/forgers. Since in effect only flesh of swine is forbidden, every other animal are permissible except that they died of themselves or in a manner detailed in 5:3. if the animal they are referring to according to traditional interpretation is the animal already slaughtered there is no need for the god to refute them here but because they are forbidden some classes of animals in the name god which is going to propagate into the future and have a long generational spree the god has to come to refute them that they are forgers. The surrounding verses make it clear that the issue is not about mentioning the name of the god while slaughtering animal, but about forbidden some classes of animals. Please look at 6:139,142-144. These are the phenomena that warrant the god to ask his apostle to declear in no uncertain term in verse 6:145 that only dead meat, running blood, flesh of swine and animal dedicated to other than the god are forbidden in revelation revealed to him.
There is no requirement to mention the name of god before slaughtering any animal, mentioning the name of the god does not make the animal permissible also not mentioning the name of the god does not make it forbidden. If it is a forbidden animals like flesh of swine for instance if you mention the name of the god 100 times while slaughtering it,  the meat remain forbidden, if you slaughter a goat for instance without mentioning the name of the god while slaughtering it the meat remain permissible. Similarly, there is also no requirement to mention the name of the god before eating any food, if the food is forbidden like running blood if you mention the name of the god on it 100 times it remains forbidden to eat, however, if the food is permissible to eat, if you eat it without mentioning the name of the god on it, it does not make it forbidden. Much as I found no obligation to mention the name of the god before slaughtering or eating, I also do not found prohibition in them.
However, the requirement is to eat what the name of the god has been mentioned upon which is to verify that the food you are about to eat do not fall under the category of the four forbidden food.
This is my personal opinion base on my understanding from the great reading, I will keep improving my understanding as I learn more, and readers are advice to verify things for themselves rather than taking views at face value. If the god guides me, I hope the outcome of this article will be beneficial.

no attempt must be made to enslave man mentally, it is his destiny to be free.

jkhan

Quote from: kaamil on January 14, 2010, 02:17:35 AM
                                               DIETARY LAW

WHAT THE GOD NAME HAS BEEN MENTIONED UPON IS =HALAL

I will god willing attempt in this short article to explain that what the god name has been mentioned upon is equals to halal and what the god name has not been mentioned upon is equals to haram.
In verses 2:173, 5:3 and 6:145 it is clear that dead meat, running blood, flesh of swine and animals dedicated to other than the god are forbidden so every other animals besides these four are by default halal (permissible).
He hath only forbidden you dead meat and blood and the flesh of swine and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah but if one is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience nor transgressing due limits then is he guiltless.  For Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful. 2:173 Yusuf Ali
Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat blood the flesh of swine and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah that which hath been killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a headlong fall or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety.  This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me.  This day have I perfected your religion for you completed my favor upon you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.  But if any forced by hunger with no inclination to transgression Allah is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.5:3 Yusuf Ali
Say: "I find not in the Message received by me by inspiration any (meat) forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it unless it be dead meat or blood poured forth or the flesh of swine for it is an abomination or what is impious (meat) on which a name has been invoked other than Allah's."  But (even so) if a person is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience nor transgressing due limits thy Lord is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.6:145 Yusuf Ali

The requirement in verse 6:118
So eat of (meats) on which Allah's name hath been pronounced if ye have faith in His Signs. Yusuf Ali
In this verse we are not asked to mention the name of the god on what we are about to eat but to eat what the name of the god has already been mentioned on. The fundamental question is how do we know what the name of the god has been mention upon to eat from it? The following verses clarifies further; verse 6:119 ;
Why should ye not eat of (meats) on which Allah's name hath been pronounced when He hath explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you except under compulsion of necessity?  But many do mislead (men) by their appetites unchecked by knowledge.  Thy Lord knoweth best those who transgress. Yusuf Ali

Implicit in this verse is that what is not prohibited for us is equivalent to what the name of the god has been mentioned upon and the god asked us to reflect why we should entertain a moment hesitation or restriction in eating them.
similarly, in verse 6:121
Eat not of (meats) on which Allah's name hath not been pronounced: that would be impiety.  But the evil ones ever inspire their friends to contend with you; if ye were to obey them ye would indeed be pagans. Yusuf Ali

We are enjoined not to eat what the name of the god is not mentioned upon and we are told that what the name of the god is not mentioned upon is fisq (impiety), the same word fisq (impiety) is also mentioned in connection to the forbidden food in the aforementioned verses in  2:173 and 6:145, so putting verse 6:120 together with verses 2:173 and 6:145 it became clear that what the name of the god is not mentioned is equals to haram i.e. forbidden foods that were mentioned in verses, 2:173, 5:3 and 6:145.
A further clarification is verse 5:4
They ask thee what is lawful to them (as food): say: Lawful unto you are (all) things good and pure: and what ye have taught your trained hunting animals (to catch) in the manner directed to you by Allah; eat what they catch for you but pronounce the name of Allah over it: and fear Allah; for Allah is swift in taking account. Yusuf Ali

We are told to eat what our prey animals? hunts for us but the god sound a note of warning to us to remember the name of the god upon them and asked us to fear Him.
Here verses 6:118 - 119 and 120 became very clear. The requirement is that we should not eat for granted but to make sure that what we are about to eat do not fall under the category of the forbidden food that is why we are especially caution to remember the name of the god on what our hunting animals catch for us i.e. to verify that it is not forbidden (dead meat). The god caution us to fear him meaning that we should not for the simply reason that the meat is already handy thereby rationalize and eat it without due verification.
In verse 6:138 And they say that such and such cattle and crops are taboo and none should eat of them except those whom so they say We wish; further there are cattle forbidden to yoke or burden and cattle on which the name of Allah is not pronounced; inventions against Allah's name: soon will He requite them for their inventions.
here the polytheist are saying that these animals the god name is not mentioned upon them, they are implying that such animals are forbidden whereas the god said they are liers/forgers. Since in effect only flesh of swine is forbidden, every other animal are permissible except that they died of themselves or in a manner detailed in 5:3. if the animal they are referring to according to traditional interpretation is the animal already slaughtered there is no need for the god to refute them here but because they are forbidden some classes of animals in the name god which is going to propagate into the future and have a long generational spree the god has to come to refute them that they are forgers. The surrounding verses make it clear that the issue is not about mentioning the name of the god while slaughtering animal, but about forbidden some classes of animals. Please look at 6:139,142-144. These are the phenomena that warrant the god to ask his apostle to declear in no uncertain term in verse 6:145 that only dead meat, running blood, flesh of swine and animal dedicated to other than the god are forbidden in revelation revealed to him.
There is no requirement to mention the name of god before slaughtering any animal, mentioning the name of the god does not make the animal permissible also not mentioning the name of the god does not make it forbidden. If it is a forbidden animals like flesh of swine for instance if you mention the name of the god 100 times while slaughtering it,  the meat remain forbidden, if you slaughter a goat for instance without mentioning the name of the god while slaughtering it the meat remain permissible. Similarly, there is also no requirement to mention the name of the god before eating any food, if the food is forbidden like running blood if you mention the name of the god on it 100 times it remains forbidden to eat, however, if the food is permissible to eat, if you eat it without mentioning the name of the god on it, it does not make it forbidden. Much as I found no obligation to mention the name of the god before slaughtering or eating, I also do not found prohibition in them.
However, the requirement is to eat what the name of the god has been mentioned upon which is to verify that the food you are about to eat do not fall under the category of the four forbidden food.
This is my personal opinion base on my understanding from the great reading, I will keep improving my understanding as I learn more, and readers are advice to verify things for themselves rather than taking views at face value. If the god guides me, I hope the outcome of this article will be beneficial.

Peace... Hi everyone...
What's your understanding on mention name of God befire slaughter of animal for consumption.   Or is it enough while eating mention the name of God...  Very good article above but sadly no one replied...  I don't disagree with him or agree but I seek knowledge..  FYI I am eating flesh of animals while eating I say name of God and not bothered how they were slaughtered... But of recent time it bothers me.. Feel guilty within self... Feels like every animal shoukd be slaughtered by the name of God.. When it comes to fish or whatever living in oceans etc.. Well what exactly a dead fish?  If you kill an animal it is dead animal  . If you kill a fish other than leaving it from water it is dead fish... But depriving water for fish itself killing the fish... So they are dead fish...  So dead bodies are not permitted... Little bit weird to say and perhaps for you to read... But why not slaughter a fish as soon as caught so it's not dead fish but slaughtered obe like meat selling in butcher shop.. Well crazy you may say but what is dead fish to be honest. One died on its own..?  Well compare then a deer dead on its own and died at the hand of hunter or strangled by lion left  .so dead.. No slaughter.. Similarly.. A fish attached by another fish and dead.. Or fish dead coz of blast nowadays fishermen using.. So literally dead.. And fisherman caught them put in ice for few days and they are dead..
Are we really need to slaughtered stuff saying the name of God.?
Just to remind.. You have many opinions perhaos for this... But why Musa took a live fish on his journey to meet his teacher..  So it means he has taken the fish alive putting it in water so that it won't die.  Unless it can't escape in sea.   He could have brought the dead fish. It won't get corrupted for ar least 24 hours... Just my opinion on musa abd fish. 
But looking for slaughtered animals with name of God is beyond probability coz we don't know it was slaughtered with name of God just we consume coz we want to eat... And when it comes to fish it very hard to funded slaughter fish from the sea itself.   So..  What in fact God would have commanded when it comes to consumption of flesh... Having a flesh of another creature is not minute matter.. It is  a life.. But God has preferred and seems like commanded to mention the name of God it is it restricted for offering... Well. Lot to ponder..  Any thoughts with logics is so welcome.

To add to above...
5:96 says it is allowed the Hunt/game of Sea for you and....  Not allowed the game of Land during .... Here I   not talking about haj.. The point is God used Saydu /hunt for land and sea.. It means if one hunts in land and the animal does before slaughtering then it is dead animal and not allowed.. Similarly hunting in sea or water and if the fish or whatever died while hunting then it is dead.. Dead is dead coz all are creatures... Dead naturally or while hunting or whatever and lifeless before slaughter is dead.. 
Let us die with guidance

[url="https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7"]https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7[/url]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg"]https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg[/url]

amin

To me, Allah is the goodness provider, so all those sourced good way, no theft, caught live and cut in the best way, meant for consumption, not contaminated with impurities and  no greed involved, also we cannot include those not grown in unnatural habitats. Yes, Pronouncing the name of Allah is not just a ritual but in a responsible way that the food doesn't involve evil ways, like killing those below certain age, those pregnant,  those diseased ones etc and also that doesn't cause excesses/wastage and destroying the beings habitat completely.

Fusion

My understanding from 5:3 verses is that What ever the food is; meat or vegan, if during its production, false gods names were pronounced (either individually or during a religious festival/temple) then it is not permissible for Muslims to eat from it.

Links

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYCLEAty7-w

The below link is providing food for charity. So its for poor people. question is knowingly would a poor muslim eat from it? in view of 5:3?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQeX_84Cu3I

and I wonder what folks say about the following? am sure this guy must have recited some verses...n:-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnw-yFJOFN8

Best Regards,

good logic

Some might say there are various sources that provide us with food. In fact without GOD providing life on earth , the animals, plants and fruits, there will be no food.. GOD, in Qoran , makes this point clear to us.i.e GOD is the original source/provider of all our food.
All our food comes from derivatives of meat, plants and fruits that GOD created here on earth for us. We did not initiate it .

In all traditions of the world , we  offer food for each other and thank each other when offered food. There is not  a person on earth who is not grateful when offered something to eat  by another person. It is our instinct to say at least "thank you",
So why not thank the original provider of all the food we eat?
So GOD is saying to us to eat of all the varieties that he made freely available to us , except what is harmful to our body and soul, and be appreciative .

Eat means when we eat any food , not just meat. So it should be natural to thank the provider for all the food that was provided for us

Qoran is saying to me that it is my responsibility , not any one else ,to thank/remember GOD for all the food- meat, bread,cakes,fruit...- I eat , regardless of what others did or did not do. GOD also gave me advice on what to avoid eating.
So enjoy your food and be thankful for what GOD has provided for you or not. Your choice.

Dedicating food for other deities is making them the fake providers for those eating the food. It is a lie and does not make any sense anyway. Eating any food that harms our body and soul is simply  harmful to our physical and spiritual health. We should refrain for our own good.

Who knows these things better than GOD our creator and creator of all our food?
GOD- The main provider of food- bless you all.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/[/url]

jkhan

Quote from: good logic on January 22, 2023, 03:07:10 AM
Some might say there are various sources that provide us with food. In fact without GOD providing life on earth , the animals, plants and fruits, there will be no food.. GOD, in Qoran , makes this point clear to us.i.e GOD is the original source/provider of all our food.
All our food comes from derivatives of meat, plants and fruits that GOD created here on earth for us. We did not initiate it .

In all traditions of the world , we  offer food for each other and thank each other when offered food. There is not  a person on earth who is not grateful when offered something to eat  by another person. It is our instinct to say at least "thank you",
So why not thank the original provider of all the food we eat?
So GOD is saying to us to eat of all the varieties that he made freely available to us , except what is harmful to our body and soul, and be appreciative .

Eat means when we eat any food , not just meat. So it should be natural to thank the provider for all the food that was provided for us

Qoran is saying to me that it is my responsibility , not any one else ,to thank/remember GOD for all the food- meat, bread,cakes,fruit...- I eat , regardless of what others did or did not do. GOD also gave me advice on what to avoid eating.
So enjoy your food and be thankful for what GOD has provided for you or not. Your choice.

Dedicating food for other deities is making them the fake providers for those eating the food. It is a lie and does not make any sense anyway. Eating any food that harms our body and soul is simply  harmful to our physical and spiritual health. We should refrain for our own good.

Who knows these things better than GOD our creator and creator of all our food?
GOD- The main provider of food- bless you all.
Peace.

Yes in that way also we can think brother Goodlogic.. But God says don't eat what is dedicated to other than Allah/God.. You or me or anyone in this forum may not be compelled to eat anything flesh or crops or plants which were dedicated god or gods or goddesses or deities...  Since we are not compelled by situation why don't we we research what exactly we shouldn't eat. . Yes.. We don't eat or drink blood unless what remains in flesh without knowledge... Yes we don't eat pork.. But what about dead animals.. Do we eat or are we compelled.. We ate not compelled whole lots of food there on the earth... What are these dedicated foods. Do we consume.. If these matters are not critical points to think why God need us to say they ate forbidden abd in case we violate we are doing Shirk  ..
So we better dig deep but individually. By argument we can't find out. We have to deduce in our life what they are and keep away... And no need to command others to do same... They should know what to avoid according to Quran and better perceive according to situation. 
Let us die with guidance

[url="https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg"]https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg[/url]

good logic

Each decide for themselves what to eat ,like each decides what to believe and follow.
Some cannot have a choice , they cannot/should not eat food that gives them an allergy, or they dislike-do not like the taste- or gone off  or cannot afford or be greedy or steal- without need- or waste.....

So food is an individual choice and taste.

If one follows Qoran , what is it saying to them?
For me GOD is saying   eat from whatever you desire and avoid four types:
1- Animal I understand that to be land/farm animals- that died by themselves.
2- blood.
3-Meat of swine-pork-
4- FOOD dedicated to others- human made deities- . All food consumed by a believer should only be dedicated to the original provider of all our food.
i.e Awareness that GOD is the only origin and creator of all things through our submission to Him and His laws /authority and GOD is our sole provider of our life , earth and everything on it.

I have no problem with food  bought from shops and supermarkets including all types of meat from farm animals -except pork-I am responsible for making my food "halal" not others. I say "thank you GOD for providing our food" and enjoy.
That responsibility rests with me  as individual  only and not others . They cannot make what I eat haram or halal
.Only GOD has that role and authority.
I do not need my food blessed or authorised by others.
GOD bless you.
Peace.

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/[/url]

jkhan

Yes I understand your common answer... I appreciate it coz that's your choice and life.  But in General it is a very intricate subject that every individual has to apply some sense into it deeply...
Just to remind one of my friends from this forum he told me that he doesn't eat when his non believing neighbours or Friends provide any type of food made on special religious days since he knows they are dedicated to gods other than one God. Other cultural or traditional type of food he eats whrn they give... So in general to decide we have to deduce about others and what their belief their faith and and rituals so that we can avoid foods dedicated to deities other than God.. So Point to note here is, it is left to every individual to perceive what to eat when it comes to one of the four forbidden foods.. We can't be blind and eat.. So it requires application of common sense and understanding from where the food comes from... Then only we are to decide whether these foods are one of the four forbidden food or not.. Just coz Quran has mentioned it won't work out.. Every individual believer has a responsibility to judge with knowledge.. Similarly other three forbidden foods.. It's not easy like the first example.. But we have to be aware and alert what we consume.. For example if we are in a party we should choose the food that we have to eat or look at what is written on the name board.. If not sure we have to leave.. Just coz everyone is eating we can't eat pork without knowledge though it looks similar to other meat.. Yes God has forbidden but we are responsible while consuming... In some parties pork beaf and chicken all mixed as devil and no name board.. Just everyone in line and we can't just choose and eat.. Yes we are puting ourself little stress but no choice we have to obey God..
When it comes to blood I don't know.. But some people even use the blood for cooking.. They not throw the blood washed from animals but they add to the meat.. Anyway.. In that case we don't know.. Otherwise eat only what is cooked at home.. But we have to be aware what we eat..
And the fourth one is dead animals... Very tricky for me.. Yes.. Most say.. Let's trust seller.. No other option.. But are we that much compelled.. We can buy from fresh sellers.. Yes tough but like the previous three forbidden food we have to put some effort to know what exactly they sell.. If we are used to buy from one brand,  then better get a rough idea about the company etc.. That's about cattle and poultry..
But what about fish and water living creatures... I would like to ask like an actual incident.. A big whale or shark on its own reached to shore on and not going back to sea and slowly it died.. So people using machines cut into pieces and share with everyone.. Literally it was alive and died on its own in the shore.. Is that whale allowed to eat?  How a fish die?  Crazy question..
Look brothers and sisters.. I am not talking here extreme points.. When any creature is dead it has no life...  So when a cow is dead a second ago it has no life and there must be a strong reason why God should forbid a dead animal from consumption. No need to die on its own.. Death can be in any mode...  What is in fact real slaughter an animal? Remove its head or rather slaughter from neck  so it falls on his sides.. I don't know.. But God doesn't need to elaborate what is practiced rightly in the anceint society..
Well when I see how all cows are slaughtered in an Indian beaf industry.. It seems they shoot or drill at its forehead and instantly it does then slaughter ... whatever.. But it looks horrible so the animal dies.. Is it slaughtering.. ?
Why God says slaughter the animal what they hunted before it dies.. So death has a barrier to eat.. But at the same time slaughter allowes it..
Not only naturally died but God has more conditions in 5:3 ..one of those is strangled to death.. So it clearly indicates slaughter is not equal to strangle an animal to death.. Many conditions in 5:3..
Modern way of slaughtering looks horrible in many places... The animal get strangled even before slaughtering is unknown...  Demand is more so the way of doing is little bizarre... Just watch all latest ways of slaughter in many countries...
God prefers slaughter and only way of proper slaughter was in practice from ancient time.. Suffocating to death is not slaughter...
There is a valid and serious reason for God to say not eat dead animals / creatures.. Even one minute old or one day old.. Dead is lifeless due to various reasons... But slaughtered one is not dead animals.. God's name mentioned and life/lives is/are taken...  Big difference in the sight of God...
Anyways.. Everyone is not butcher and everyone is not fisherman... But every believer has a responsibility before eating to think two times whether what they eat is allowed in its true sense...

May Allah guide us..
Let us die with guidance

good logic

Brother jkhan, you are complicating things too much!

Health and safety of all animals are part of the laws of most countries.There are always those who profit by breaking the rules. The system must be monitored by inspectors. It is not my job to regulate what I can never manage to control.
However I check what I eat up to a point. That is why I am responsible to make my food halal before I eat especially if the process of preparation has been dodgy and slipped through the net of health and safety of the rules and my knowledge.
Or you make all your food from scratch and do not buy anything if you do not trust others to prepare and make it for you.

Or there are always fresh fruit and vegetables that are guaranteed for you to eat by just look, smell and taste.
Of course if it is a matter of life and death ,well you eat anything to survive.
Let us not complicate the matter too much.
It is so easy now to eat fresh and secure food that we know its source and can even pick it from our gardens and nearby farms ourselves.
GOD bless you.
Peace.

Fusion

Question please. Are we supposed to apply the context to Quran verses? For the fact that Quran was revealed in stages and it appeared some of the chapter or verses were some how reference to some of the real incidents that happens during prophet time by him, companions or the while tribes.

For example:
Chapter 108 and verse 2
فَصَلِّ لِرَبِّكَ وَٱنْحَرْ
So pray and sacrifice to your Lord ˹alone˺.

This command was given in the environment when not only the pagans of Quraish but the pagans of entire Arabia and the world worshipped their self-made gods and offered sacrifices at their shrines. Therefore, the intention of the command is: Contrary to the polytheistic practice, you should remain steadfast to your creed: your Prayer is only for Allah and your sacrifice is also for Him alone, as it has been said at another place: Declare, O Prophet, my salat and my sacrifice and my life and my death are all for Allah, Lord of the universe, Who has no partner with Him. This is what I have been enjoined, and I am the first to surrender to Him

Hence does the sacrifice means slaughtering animals becase this was the non believers practise to proclaim their gods names when slaughtering animals?

Best Regards,