News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Ramadhan Winter Timing

Started by savage_carrot, November 30, 2009, 02:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakas

peace Bro Ayman, all,

I only found out about the 2 daily timed salat in traditional sources recently. I first read it in Ibn Kathir's tafsir. Apparently, bro Anwar and it seems yourself were unaware of this too. This just goes to show what a good job has been done covering this up! In fact, I just did a quick google search and couldn't find anything on it.

Unfortunately, trying to conceal information in the information age is almost impossible. There is only one way this is going to go.  ;D

So, those who follow Quran based islam and have deduced salat is timed twice per day actually practice it according to early "Muslim" practice.

I wonder what we will discover next...
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

siki

some years ago when i carried out  a critical study on numbers of salat, from quran, the verse below finally tilted the balance in favour of 2 time salat,

24-58 O you who believe, let those who are your dependants and have not yet attained puberty request your permission regarding three times: Before the Dawn assembly, and during the noon-time when you put-off your outer garments, and after the Evening assembly. These are three private times for you. Other than these times, it is not wrong for you or them to invite or visit others. God thus clarifies the revelations for you. And God is Knowledgeable, Wise.

Roshan

Quote from: savage_carrot on November 30, 2009, 02:24:29 PM
Salam,

For those who follow the winter timing of the calendar, please note that the month of Ramadhan will begin with the full moon on December 2nd of this year 2009.

The fast will be for 10 days during this month.

For more details on how this calendar and timing were devised, please refer to chapter 13 of "The Natural Republic" (http://free-minds.org/sites/default/files/TNR.pdf)

Regards,

Layth

Note: Layth has some issues posting, thus I'm posting for him in case there is any confusion.

Peace:

But this would not cover the winter solstice (December 20/21)!

Roshan

The Sufi

Sighting of the full moon of Chislev (9th month) is the start of the 10 day fast (Kalenda) which precedes the 8 days of burning (Hanukkah) before the end of the month.

Have a Holy Ramadaan Layth!
BiSmillahalrahmanalrahim WaKalimatullah WaAhmed. Alhamdulilahi Rab ilalameen.

TAJ

Last time I checked here, Ramadan was supposed to be during the scorching heat of Summer (of Northern hemisphere)!!?? If I recall correctly, sometime/somewhere in July!

The Sufi

The month of Burning fires ordained by Adam has always been the 9th month of the religious calendar. This is why Hanukkah is in the 9th month and why Ramadaan is in the 9th month, neither is it an accident that the 9th month of the tax year used to be (and in several cases still is) December when people used to burn yule fires. All these things are the memory of Adam's announcement concerning the fast of Kalenda. 

The calendar had slipped 2 whole months by the time Omar created the Hijri system in 638. Why do the traditions say 2 months (60 days)? Why not any other number? Use retro-calculation software to discover where Ramadaan fell in the last year of Muhammad's life (632) while the calendar was still in tact. Let me know what you discover.

TAJ

Quote from: The Sufi on November 29, 2010, 06:36:47 AM
The month of Burning fires ordained by Adam has always been the 9th month of the religious calendar. This is why Hanukkah is in the 9th month and why Ramadaan is in the 9th month, neither is it an accident that the 9th month of the tax year used to be (and in several cases still is) December when people used to burn yule fires. All these things are the memory of Adam's announcement concerning the fast of Kalenda. 

The calendar had slipped 2 whole months by the time Omar created the Hijri system in 638. Why do the traditions say 2 months (60 days)? Why not any other number? Use retro-calculation software to discover where Ramadaan fell in the last year of Muhammad's life (632) while the calendar was still in tact. Let me know what you discover.

What is this burning fires ordained by Adam!? Will you point it out from the Quran, please! Thank you

The Sufi

Sorry I have a free-mind. I am not a "Quran Aloner". Are you?

nsws1988

Quote from: The Sufi on November 29, 2010, 02:18:29 PM
Sorry I have a free-mind. I am not a "Quran Aloner". Are you?

Then where did you get this Adam and fire burning thing from?

The Sufi

It is in the Sevel Ha Yerushah of the Hawariyun and Masonic tradition, but is also implied as the ultimate origin of Hanukkah in the Jewish Talmud. All religions in the world come from The Deen of Adam and Noah, so it is not surprising to find elements of the story preserved in many traditions around the world.