Author Topic: Tafsir  (Read 2444 times)

SarahY

• Global Moderator
  • Wise One / Burnout
Re: Tafsir
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 06:41:17 AM »
I knew exactly what you meant, i just disliked your attitude.

what islam is and what people think it is, are two different things. I would refrain from calling or saying 'islam must suck' it's rather peoples attitudes and understandings that suck.

Everyone here pretty much agrees with the logic of adding more to Quran is wrong. why else are people on this forum?

chill and relax, we're trying to uphold the truth without the indoctrinations :)

Peace.
We all have blind spots.
Follow your heart but take your brain with you.
ambiguity is there for a reason, why do you think?
We're all different, so how can we all be equal?

MUNZIR ALI

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 09:33:36 AM »

@ Munzir...

Man I said that waaay back when. Why are people quoting such old stuff? >:(
I saw it today

Meteora

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 01:58:19 AM »
I knew exactly what you meant, i just disliked your attitude.

what islam is and what people think it is, are two different things. I would refrain from calling or saying 'islam must suck' it's rather peoples attitudes and understandings that suck.

Everyone here pretty much agrees with the logic of adding more to Quran is wrong. why else are people on this forum?

chill and relax, we're trying to uphold the truth without the indoctrinations :)

Peace.
What I meant was the religion known as "Islam" in the minds of most people, including non-muslims is terrible. Hardly anyone thinks of Islam as having only to do with the Quran. They believe in tradition instead and don't bother to study God's book with an unbiased mind.

I saw it today
Moo! >:(
Quote from: Anonymous (Free Minds)
Ignorance is of course the most prized possession of any cult.
Quote from: Anonymous (Submission)
Quran alone is too much for those who had too many years of corrupted Islam.
[quote author=Edip Yuksel link=topic=16127.msg158580#msg158580 date=1198444801

Mazhar

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 02:55:53 AM »
As salaam aleykum

Can anyone please help me understand the meaning of 'tafsir'? I know it means something like interpretation / exegesis of the Qur'an but does it matter what the purpose or subject matter of the text is? For example in an enquiry of fiqh it is necessary to examine and interpet the relevant passages of the Qur'an - would such examination / interpretation be called 'tafsir' or does the term 'fiqh' assume and include interpretation / exegesis of the Qur'an?     

Thank you,

Ju

This word has been used in the Grand Qur'aan only once, and its meanings have been made evident there.

And those/members of elite group who refused to accept/believe said/questioned to people, "Why is it so that the Qur'aan has not been sent to him [Muhammad Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam] all at once/one complete statement".

The rationale/reason is explained:

The reason for this is that We may keep with that [gradual communication] your heart and mind strengthened-persistently in state of calm and tranquility.
[Advice to Messenger to follow same pattern-73:04]
And We have/got it-Grand Qur'aan recited distinctly [making every syllable, vowel, pause prominent], in the manner of excellently arranged flow of thread structuring the most beautiful compact web. [25:32]

And [gradual revelation for people helps keep your tranquility maintained] they will not come to you with a preposition/example/question except that We would have already brought to you, the Messenger [Muhammad Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam] the factual information

and the best breaking news about that. [25:33]

AlFurqan

Its Root is Fa Seen Ra and the basic perception infolded is to unveil the secreted or infolded thing/matter to open it up for others. And when anything is unveiled for someone for the first time we call it "breaking news". And Qur'aan gives "News" of the past and the future. 

MUNZIR ALI

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 07:58:15 AM »
What I meant was the religion known as "Islam" in the minds of most people, including non-muslims is terrible. Hardly anyone thinks of Islam as having only to do with the Quran. They believe in tradition instead and don't bother to study God's book with an unbiased mind.
Moo! >:(
:group: you are back. Why so angry?  ;)

seattletruth

• Apprentice
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 05:02:11 PM »
Anyone who tries to further explain a book that calls itself fully explained is a retard for obvious reasons.

You mean like Rashad Khalifa, with his tafseer that filled the bottom of almost every page in his translation, and were sometimes even included in the text?

You should know by now, that the Quran Alone movement only accepts the tafsir of Rashad... All others are wrong. But even though its shirk to uphold anything else other than SIMPLY THE QURAN, the extra-Quranic explanations and hadith fabricated by Rashad are perfectly acceptable.

Andya Primanda

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 06:21:56 PM »
You should know by now, that the Quran Alone movement only accepts the tafsir of Rashad... All others are wrong. But even though its shirk to uphold anything else other than SIMPLY THE QURAN, the extra-Quranic explanations and hadith fabricated by Rashad are perfectly acceptable.

Actually, that's not correct.  Some of us might accept the tafsir of Rashad, but not all.  I think there's more of us that prefers to study by ourselves and develop our own tafsir.
29:20
Say: 'Travel through the earth and see how Allah initiate creation!'

seattletruth

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 06:33:39 PM »
Actually, that's not correct.  Some of us might accept the tafsir of Rashad, but not all.  I think there's more of us that prefers to study by ourselves and develop our own tafsir.

I was being sarcastic.

zulu12

• Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 05:05:41 AM »
Develop own tafsir without understanding the language in the first instance.

This is the problem is it not.

Peace

Meteora

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 09:18:50 AM »
You mean like Rashad Khalifa, with his tafseer that filled the bottom of almost every page in his translation, and were sometimes even included in the text?

As if I said I accept "the tafsir of Rashad" and I didn't even know he had a tafsir. I just know he used code 19 as an excuse for many of the things he claimed.

The best tafsir is your logic and common sense, I would say.
Quote from: Anonymous (Free Minds)
Ignorance is of course the most prized possession of any cult.
Quote from: Anonymous (Submission)
Quran alone is too much for those who had too many years of corrupted Islam.
[quote author=Edip Yuksel link=topic=16127.msg158580#msg158580 date=1198444801