Author Topic: Tonights Eclipse  (Read 948 times)

Ayisha

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
Tonights Eclipse
« on: June 15, 2011, 12:22:30 AM »
Salam all

Been ages since I've been in here but when I read this today I had to come and see if I could find where I read this before, can't find it though, HELP!

"The beginning of the eclipse is barely perceptible, but minute by minute, more and more of the moon's disk darkens until the onset of totality. When the moon is completely within the shadow, it often has a rusty/red/orange/brown glow to it. That's the glow of a world's worth of sunsets ? or if you want to put it less poetically, the reddish wavelengths of sunlight that are refracted around Earth's disk by the atmosphere. This archived story explains the "red moon" effect in depth."

It was one of the long threads I think around the Ramadan theme that I read this, and can't remember the writer but he knew his stuff (sorry age and memory thing) It will come to me if I search longer but inshaAllah the poster himself might be able to find it sooner than me.

Anyway, hope you're all good and not fighting too much  ;D

Sorry mods, didn't know where to put this so move it if you need to.  :peace:
In the name of God, The Compassionate, The Merciful.
Praise be to God, Lord of the Universe,
The Compassionate, The Merciful,
Sovereign of the Day of Judgement!
You alone we worship, and to You alone we turn for help.
Guide us to the straight path,
The path of those You have favoured,
Not of those who have incurred Your wrath,
Nor of those who have gone astray.

Layth

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +17/-5
Re: Tonights Eclipse
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 03:38:20 AM »
Salam,

You are refering to the post by Ayman on Ramadhan being associated with the summer.

The red moon is a phenomenan that occurs rarely and is incorrect to link it to Ramadhan (like the eclipse).

Ramadhan is in the winter month (December).

Regards,
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)