News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Yahya Emerick?

Started by Indelwyn, June 14, 2011, 04:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indelwyn

Salam everyone,

Before I go any further I wanted to say I find this place very refreshing and I love reading the various opinions of others and respect each one.

I am looking to add to my Qur'an collection. I have heard some people speaking of Yahya Emerick and was wondering if any of you have come across this version and your opinion. I also plan on getting Asad, which I thought I had but after looking I do not.

I am more and more falling into a "Qur'an alone" believer. My husband is sunni... for now ;) I am hoping I can help open his eyes  :muscle: one way or another..lol

I plan on getting a "root" book. I do know the arabic alphabet and when my husband is talking to his family in Cairo, I noticed I understand what he is saying. Although I am not counting on Egyptian dilect, I know this is not standard Arabic and different than Qur'an. Just giving a background of what I know.

Any other suggestions to get me started on my journey would be great. Thank you all.

Peace and blessings,
Christine
"Victory is changing the hearts of your opponents by gentleness and kindness."- Saladin

Wakas

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Indelwyn

Thank you Wakas, I found the free books using the search option, I appreciate your response.
"Victory is changing the hearts of your opponents by gentleness and kindness."- Saladin