News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

what is the nature of God?

Started by nerspi, June 30, 2009, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rafiqul

Quote from: Rev.John on August 16, 2009, 11:25:34 AM
I too am a scientist as well as a minister, Astrophysics is my subject. I agree with you to a certain extent, but when you look up at the stars at night, how can there not be a belief in God?

Star-gazing is something I have enjoyed since my childhood, lying supine on a wooden bench.... and drawing Mom's occasional scoffs for letting the gene fly over my bare chest.... :) And surely I have wondered at God's marvels up in the canopy. So when I read Sura Mulk (The Kingdom), the joy doubles when I find that God too invites us to watch His perfect creations in the celestial sphere.....Astrophysics lured me too, but remained as a hobby only, Petroleum Engineering becoming the means for bread and butter. BTW, is it not interesting that while you specialize in the 'outer' space, I do in the 'inner' space--as far as earth's crust, looking for petroleum, and coming across so many wonderful things that lie within earth!! :angel:

Meanwhile, I am reading your book at your website. Wonderful, indeed. How come I didn't come across truth-seekers like you (and many others on free-minds.com)? ???

I live in Lubbock. If I ever happen to pass by Galvestone, I will meet with you for a warm discussion. Be my guest if you happen to pass by Lubbock. God bless you! :angel:
-----***Rafiqul's Theorems on REVEALED Divine Guidance***--------
*Allah's GUIDANCE for Mankind on PLANET EARTH complements Allah-given INTELLECT against Satanic provocations.
*Allah's LATER Guidance filters out corrupted texts/practices in EARLIER Guidance, and the Earlier Guidance furnishes DETAILS on topics BRIEFLY alluded to in the Later Guidance.
*A TRUE Seeker of Truth picks the BEST Guidance that she/he comprehends, and continues the journey, hoping/praying Allah will enlighten her/him on topics not comprehended.
*The FATIHA (Qur'an), the LORD'S PRAYER (Bible), the GAYATRI MANTRA (Rik-Veda).... have common denominators: PRAISING the Supreme God ALONE, and SEEKING KNOWLEDGE from Him!

Rev.John

Quote from: rafiqul on August 16, 2009, 05:56:35 PM
Star-gazing is something I have enjoyed since my childhood, lying supine on a wooden bench.... and drawing Mom's occasional scoffs for letting the gene fly over my bare chest.... :) And surely I have wondered at God's marvels up in the canopy. So when I read Sura Mulk (The Kingdom), the joy doubles when I find that God too invites us to watch His perfect creations in the celestial sphere.....Astrophysics lured me too, but remained as a hobby only, Petroleum Engineering becoming the means for bread and butter. BTW, is it not interesting that while you specialize in the 'outer' space, I do in the 'inner' space--as far as earth's crust, looking for petroleum, and coming across so many wonderful things that lie within earth!! :angel:

Meanwhile, I am reading your book at your website. Wonderful, indeed. How come I didn't come across truth-seekers like you (and many others on free-minds.com)? ???

I live in Lubbock. If I ever happen to pass by Galvestone, I will meet with you for a warm discussion. Be my guest if you happen to pass by Lubbock. God bless you! :angel:

I wanted to be a geologist to begin with, but seemed to have more of a talent for astrophysics (the other way around from you). The Earth and it's formation, history and future fascinates me.

It would be great to meet you, I rarely get up Lubbock way, but if you ever come to Galveston, you would always be welcome.
[url="http://www.christianchurchofreality.com"]http://www.christianchurchofreality.com[/url]
Only God has the answer and only God knows the truth
www.islandminister.com

Just so you know, I am a God-alone Christian and a Church Minister