News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Ayah Of The Day

Started by TAJ, May 18, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

progressive1993

This is not from the Quran, but I like it a lot:

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him." (Pslams 62:1)
10:41 If they deny you, say: "My works are for me, and your works are for you. You are innocent of what I do, and I am innocent of what you do."

TAJ

Quote from: progressive1993 on August 19, 2009, 01:40:07 PM
This is not from the Quran, but I like it a lot:

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him." (Pslams 62:1)

I would think that the equivalent to that in the Quran would be in the last part of this ayah:
[11:88]
قَالَ يَـٰقَوۡمِ أَرَءَيۡتُمۡ إِن كُنتُ عَلَىٰ بَيِّنَةٍ۬ مِّن رَّبِّى وَرَزَقَنِى مِنۡهُ رِزۡقًا حَسَنً۬ا‌ۚ وَمَآ أُرِيدُ أَنۡ أُخَالِفَكُمۡ إِلَىٰ مَآ أَنۡهَٮٰڪُمۡ عَنۡهُ‌ۚ إِنۡ أُرِيدُ إِلَّا ٱلۡإِصۡلَـٰحَ مَا ٱسۡتَطَعۡتُ‌ۚ
وَمَا تَوۡفِيقِىٓ إِلَّا بِٱللَّهِ‌ۚ عَلَيۡهِ تَوَكَّلۡتُ وَإِلَيۡهِ أُنِيبُ

He said, "O my people, have you considered: if I am upon clear evidence from my Lord and He has provided me with a good provision from Him?? And I do not intend to differ from you in that which I have forbidden you; I only intend reform as much as I am able. And my success is not but through Allāh. Upon him I have relied, and to Him I return.

:peace:

jaythikay99

Is one who walks while slumped over on his face better guided, or one who walks straight on the right path?

Meteora

Quote from: Anonymous (Free Minds)Ignorance is of course the most prized possession of any cult.
Quote from: Anonymous (Submission)Quran alone is too much for those who had too many years of corrupted Islam.
Quote from: Edip Yuksel on December 23, 2007, 04:20:01 PM

jaythikay99

Do you not see that We have sent the Shaitans upon the unbelievers, inciting them by incitement?

Meteora

Quote from: Anonymous (Free Minds)Ignorance is of course the most prized possession of any cult.
Quote from: Anonymous (Submission)Quran alone is too much for those who had too many years of corrupted Islam.

jaythikay99

The day will come when the transgressor will bite his hands (in anguish) and say, "Alas, I wish I had followed the path with the messenger.

Meteora

^that actually was used by sunni's to advocate the following of hadith. How they fail though.

MUNZIR ALI

Quote from: Meteora on August 29, 2009, 07:37:50 PM
^that actually was used by sunni's to advocate the following of hadith. How they fail though.
:rotfl: They are really angry because the quranist movement is rising these days!

progod

Peace,

Be on the lookout for Shias, they are just as hadeeth oriented and dependent as the Sunnis. They use the same arguments to support following the hadeeth. Don't let the name fool you.

Godbless,
Anwar
The Quranists Must Rise!

[url="http://www.quranists.com"]http://www.quranists.com[/url]