Author Topic: hajj / feast / debate  (Read 44542 times)

Bender

• Wise One / Burnout
Re: hajj / feast / debate
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2012, 12:13:05 PM »
salaam brother ayman

i would like to get your attention on this thread http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9604235.0 that derived from his initial subject

if quran was revealed one shot and not gradually, then the first verses in sourate al rum seems to indicate that the year of revelation is 614 since the battle is well known in history.
Notice that there was a full moon in 23 septembre 614 at exactly 18:25  ;)

Peace

Salaam,

Not true  :nope:

23+614+18+25 is not divisible by 19
2+3+6+1+4+1+8+2+5 is not divisible by 19
23+614+1825  is not divisible by 19
Alhamdu lillahi rabbi al-alameen

RidaKhan

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #161 on: March 19, 2013, 10:33:52 PM »

From PRL:

= Haa-Jiim-Jiim = to intend to a certain target, aim at, repair, undertake, repaired/betook himself to or towards a person / place / object of veneration/respect/honour, went/visit frequently/repeatedly, pilgrimage.
Overcome another by/in argument/evidences/proofs/testimonies, plead, contend/argue/dispute.
Refrain/abstain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
undertaking
Noun

I would translate "hajj" as "undertaking/venture/enterprise".

22:27 And call out to the people with the undertaking/venture/enterprise, they will come to you walking and on every transport, they will come from every deep enclosure.

Perfecto!... This person is spot on regarding the concept of Hajj. It is supposed to be a "conference" where Muslims from all over the globe can come and discuss how to maintain the Islamic economy, politics, social + other issues concerning our society/ planet. For futher reading, I had recommend Ghulam Ahmed Parwez's website Tolu-e-Islam, and look into his perspective about hajj as well.

I personally do not mind the rituals associated with Hajj- but the running and sacrificing a goat seems harsh. Nevertheless, I could talk while we jog lol! :D

Ashraf

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2013, 05:46:41 PM »
Quote from: truthseeker11
From PRL:

= Haa-Jiim-Jiim = to intend to a certain target, aim at, repair, undertake, repaired/betook himself to or towards a person / place / object of veneration/respect/honour, went/visit frequently/repeatedly, pilgrimage.
Overcome another by/in argument/evidences/proofs/testimonies, plead, contend/argue/dispute.
Refrain/abstain.

I would rather choose "Hajj" = "Overcome Another by" due to the fact that hajj season provide alternative meat supply during the restricted 4 full moon period for hunting wild life, promoted by Prophet Ibrahim (p) inside & surrounding Beit al-haram.

The business, conference, meeting - resulting from the hajj season - are the spillover effect of this divine instruction.

In short, Prophet Ibrahim hajj (overcame/circumvent/bypass) the hunting restriction.

Peace & Regards

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2015, 01:15:04 AM »
I almost forgot about this thread. Here is the updated article:
http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/meaning-hajj-Quran.html
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

NewFrenzy

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2017, 03:22:01 AM »
 Do we need to fast first 10 days of Dhu al-Hijjah  ???

And fulfil the HaJJ and the visit for God. So if you are prevented/restrained then (give) what is easy of the offering/gift and do not relieve/unburden your chiefs/representatives (of this duty) until the offering reaches its permitted/lawful place* so whoever from among you was sick or with him harm/annoyance of/from his chief/representative then redeem/ransom from abstinence/fast or charity or sacrifice/observance.
So when you are safe/secure (i.e. in the designated vicinty) then whoever benefited/enjoyed with the visit to the HaJJ then (give) what is easy of the offering/gift, so whoever couldn't find then an abstinence/fast three days during the HaJJ and seven when you returned, this is ten complete.
That is for one whose people are not present (at) the inviolable time of acknowledgement (al masjid al haram) and be conscious of God and know that God is severe in punishment.

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2017, 02:25:25 PM »
Do we need to fast first 10 days of Dhu al-Hijjah  ???

I don't know where you got that from.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

TellMeTheTruth

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #166 on: January 01, 2018, 08:42:16 AM »
I don't know where you got that from.
(سورة البقرة, Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #196)
[Arberry] Fulfil the Pilgrimage and the Visitation unto God; but if you are prevented, then such offering as may be feasible. And shave not your heads, till the offering reaches its place of sacrifice. If any of you is sick, or injured in his head, then redemption by fast, or freewill offering, or ritual sacrifice. When you are secure, then whosoever enjoys the Visitation until the Pilgrimage, let his offering be such as may be feasible; or if he finds none, then a fast of three days in the Pilgrimage, and of seven when you return, that is ten completely; that is for him whose family are not present at the Holy Mosque. And fear God, and know that God is terrible in retribution.

Peace!

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2018, 04:59:15 PM »
Yes, I'm aware of 2:196 and have an article on it:
http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/Quran-2196-critical-thinking.html

But it doesn't state "to fast first 10 days of Dhu al-Hijjah".

www.studyQuran.org

jkhan

• Apprentice
« Reply #168 on: March 31, 2018, 07:56:55 AM »
Since the topic is haj here.. I think I better put these few verses of Quran to ponder.. No idea whether u all thought of it,  but better remind..
In verse 8:32 Mohamed's people were asking to bring the destruction to them with STONE rain.. It made me think why these people if they were living in Makka far far from the place where people of Lot lived was asking the same medicine of how Lot people were destroyed.. Unless they knew how there neiboring ancestors were destroyed in that manner.. And they are well aware of it and a familiar  thing and sight..
Verse 37:133-138 talks about Lot and in the last it says they were walking or passing it by morning and night.. Is really meaning makkan people who pass it daily.. Was it really possible.. And further saying don't u ponder when u pass.. Where is Makka and where is Sodom..?
In verse 95:1-3
95:1 It says " I call to witness by figs and olives.. - do u really get olives and figs in the barren hills of makka, these two fruits.. Or is it some other place? Well know fruits in Sinai or surrounded?
95:2 it's says.. By the Mount Sinai..  Is mount Sinai in Makka.. That all sects believe not in Makka and well known to most where Sinai is.. It's not far from where Lot lived right? Where they can go morning n return night..
Then 95:3 and by THIS secure city.. After pointing figs and olive and Mount Sinai,  and then says THlS secure city... How come jumped from Sinai to Makka? Unless it is a city very close proximity  to mount Sinai.. And mentioned THIS city.. Audience well known..
Still do u think Mohamed lived in Makka?  Or somewhere what Quran points at..
In this Sinai and surrounded area there are many towns and cities well known.. So when Quran calls Mother of cities or settlement.. Does Makka fit or somewhere else.. Does Makka have any famous cities surrounded to it.. Even makkan was not known then.. How surrounded places.. 😧

HP_TECH

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #169 on: March 31, 2018, 09:40:18 PM »
I thank Allah for allowing you to make me think further
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful