Author Topic: I just Got Fired for Telling the Truth.........  (Read 3198 times)

G.Omar

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: I just Got Fired for Telling the Truth.........
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 08:23:38 AM »
Peace to all,

I am going through a difficult time right now, please say a prayer for me and my family. I can tell the details if you want, but I was actually fired because I told the truth and wouldnt change my story,  I kept thinking of the Quran and how it tells us to always speak the truth even if it is against our family,  so I kept sticking to it even though it made my job difficult and involved the F.B.I., but I lost in the end and now im fired and we have no income to raise my family,  sometimes I think im so stupid to try to be so honest, but now it has directly affected my families wellbeing,,,why should I do this,,,whats the point of truth if it destroys what is good?  why should my innocent wife and children now suffer  for my honesty,  my wife is so upset and really thinks im crazy cause I kept telling her I have to tell the truth at all costs,,,  so now my family is falling apart,,, please pray for me and my family,  I know it will work out in the end but how do I get there when everything Ive worked on and built in my community is destroyed cause now im accused of being the liar,,

Kurt

Salaam Aleikum Kurt,

May God be with you and protect you always from fear and temptation. Shaitaan will instill in you fear of loss and insecurity, but God promises you His
great rewards for your righteousness. I believe this is a trial from God to test the strength of your faith and resolution. However when we are persecuted, for being Muslim and for doing what is right, we are permitted to dissimulate as God will not burden us with more than we can bear and He is indeed the Great Forgiver Who knows what is in your heart and takes pity on our human weakness. Do what you feel you must do, and pray for God to open a way for you brother. My prayers are with you and your family. :yes
"Do not utter the lies your tongues make up, 'this is halal and this is haram' in order to impute lies to God, for they who impute lies to God will never prosper." (Al-Nahl 16:116)

tryingisnotdoing

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 11:28:17 AM »
Peace to all,

I am going through a difficult time right now, please say a prayer for me and my family. I can tell the details if you want, but I was actually fired because I told the truth and wouldnt change my story,  I kept thinking of the Quran and how it tells us to always speak the truth even if it is against our family,  so I kept sticking to it even though it made my job difficult and involved the F.B.I., but I lost in the end and now im fired and we have no income to raise my family,  sometimes I think im so stupid to try to be so honest, but now it has directly affected my families wellbeing,,,why should I do this,,,whats the point of truth if it destroys what is good?  why should my innocent wife and children now suffer  for my honesty,  my wife is so upset and really thinks im crazy cause I kept telling her I have to tell the truth at all costs,,,  so now my family is falling apart,,, please pray for me and my family,  I know it will work out in the end but how do I get there when everything Ive worked on and built in my community is destroyed cause now im accused of being the liar,,

Kurt

Salaam,

I really wish I could say "been there, done that" and have that be my reason for advising you to stay strong; but unfortunately, I've been there (on more than one occassion in two different countries...suprisingly enough it didn't happen when we were in the GCC) and in many respects I'm still going through it.

But with respect to putting food on your table and keeping a roof over your family's head, isa you will be rewarded as I have been.

I still go through tests, as we all do; but they haven't been work-related, and considering what I do for a living, I don't see a way that I'd be tested or have someone try to grab me by the b*lls in the same way.

Stay strong and keep speaking the truth however you can. Insha'allah, the repercussions for standing tall will one day be in the past so we can all say "been there, done that" and mean it.

Ma'salaama,
T.
When people show you who they are, believe them."
- Maya Angelou

Lobster

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-10
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 09:16:06 PM »
I don't know if it is that clear cut if what you did was truly the right thing in the circumstances. If it was just you suffering then there would be no doubt but this involved your family as well. I guess you could've gone along with the lie long enough to make sure your family wouldn't suffer.
The wrong thing isn't always wrong if it's done for the right reason. Was the truth in this case really more important than your family having food to eat?

That's my opinion and I might be wrong. I don't know the details of the situation anyway.

I think what you should do now is stay positive. not waste your energy in negative thinking but use it to set things straight again. Good luck, man!

`What lies before us and what lies behind us is nothing compared to what lies within us.` - Emerson

'Phoenix! You are in Hot water, maybe you should change your name to Lobster.' - Khalil

Lobster

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +16/-10
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 09:26:27 PM »
I guess your Allah deceived you or as per Muslims, it's a TEST, LOL!!!! :rotfl:

Of course it's a test. It takes A LOT of courage to do what you believe is right rather than what is easy. Doing the right thing sometimes can be very harmful to us in the short term, but it always pays off in the long term.

Whenever someone faces tough times, you can judge their character by how they react to it. Many people just abandon their principles because they don't have any faith or belief in anything (even though they probably claim they do). Obviously Kurt isn't one of them.

And whatever you think of peoples' beliefs, Prissy, you shouldn't be laughing at someone's misfortune.
`What lies before us and what lies behind us is nothing compared to what lies within us.` - Emerson

'Phoenix! You are in Hot water, maybe you should change your name to Lobster.' - Khalil

mhsultan

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 03:16:27 AM »
Peace be with you brother, He will guide you to the best path.

progod

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +6/-2
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 11:06:55 AM »
Peace,

Ironsky, pray sincerely to God to guide you, to forgive you for any sins or wrongs you may have committed and ask him to provide for you. God looks out for his servants. So the best you can do is humble your heart, try to learn a lesson from all this and believe, count on and have faith in God. Despite what the unfaithful say.

May God bestow his guidance and blessings on you,
Anwar
The Quranists Must Rise!

http://www.quranists.com

progod

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +6/-2
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 11:14:36 AM »
The Quranists Must Rise!

http://www.quranists.com