News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Muslim scholar argues that 653 hadiths in Sahih Bukhari and Sahih are false

Started by jibbo, January 05, 2009, 06:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibbo

i think so too but it's not so good idea.
for those who don't reject hadith it's much better to exclude those that are against qur'an then just throwing them all i gues.
even though i don't accept any hadith. they are just unnecessary.

salam
63:10 Give from what We have provided to
you, before death comes to one of you,
then he says: "My Lord, if only You
could delay this for a short while, I
would then be charitable and join the
righteous!"

Hope

Quote from: Ahmad Bilal on February 08, 2009, 07:52:26 PM

If they're disregarding all of these, what's the point of keeping any of them?! With a basis like this, especially in considering hadith and sunna writings alongside the Reading, if they're going to reject these components of the books, they may as well just throw the books away altogether, since they'll have absolutely no value in relation to Islamic doctrine and practice...

Peace

There is no THEY here, the post is talking about one person Gamal El bana, who is not a scholar, but rather an indpendent researcher in islamic issues, and he is very much rejecting and disregarding the Hadiths, and has been harshely attacked by religious men of  the so called islamic institutes like the Azher, who are a faithfull guardians to  Bukhari and his mates.

Bigmo

Quote from: Hope on February 09, 2009, 08:58:14 AM
Peace

There is no THEY here, the post is talking about one person Gamal El bana, who is not a scholar, but rather an indpendent researcher in islamic issues, and he is very much rejecting and disregarding the Hadiths, and has been harshely attacked by religious men of  the so called islamic institutes like the Azher, who are a faithfull guardians to  Bukhari and his mates.

In a country like Egypt to have just one post 80 year old man taking on the entire Sunni etsblishment is a shame. But actually Ahl Al-Quran group led by Ahmad Subhi Mansour are also making an impact. They have quite an active forum and have also caught the attention of the religous authorities. Egypt is showing signs of religious dissent but the governemnt of Egypt is siding with the Sunni establishment. Gamal should be supported because he has a reputable name in religious circles being the younger brother of the founder of the Muslim brotherhood.
88:21 22; And so, exhort them your task is only to exhort; you cannot compel them to believe

Kadeen

"For each congregation, we have decreed rituals that they must uphold. Therefore, they should not dispute with you. You shall continue to invite everyone to your Lord. Most assuredly, you are on the right path." 22:67.

"This (Quran) is a message for you and your people which you shall all be accountable to"  43:44
"Then We revealed to you this scripture, truthfully, confirming previous scriptures, and superseding them. You shall rule among them in accordance with God's revelations, and do not follow their wishes if they differ from the truth that came to you. For each of you, we have decreed different laws and rites. Had God willed, He could have made you one congregation. But He thus puts you to the test through the revelations He has given each of you. You shall compete in righteousness. To God is your final destiny-all of you-then He will inform you of everything you had disputed."  5:48

Samia

Only 653?!

I really do not care even if he says 3000 hadiths are false, as long as he does not attack those hadiths at the basis of shari3a law, such as inheritence law, divorce, right of children custody.... where verses are mis-interpreted and bias is evident.

jibbo

63:10 Give from what We have provided to
you, before death comes to one of you,
then he says: "My Lord, if only You
could delay this for a short while, I
would then be charitable and join the
righteous!"

Hope

Quote from: Samia on February 11, 2009, 06:13:22 AM
Only 653?!

I really do not care even if he says 3000 hadiths are false, as long as he does not attack those hadiths at the basis of shari3a law, such as inheritence law, divorce, right of children custody.... where verses are mis-interpreted and bias is evident.

Peace

He does attack those hadiths at the basis of the Quran, in fact most if not all  who attack hadiths use the quran as  reference, but unfortuntely they are usually attacked as being ignornat  :elektro:

Samia

Quote from: Hope on February 11, 2009, 06:33:41 AM
Peace

He does attack those hadiths at the basis of the Quran, in fact most if not all  who attack hadiths use the quran as  reference, but unfortuntely they are usually attacked as being ignornat  :elektro:

So what's the the ultimate aim: to attack hadiths, or to put the message back into prespective? Many, very false hadiths, have the qur'an as reference and that's by misinterpreting verses or givnig words different meanings such as laws regarding inheritance, child custody, divorce or as far as rituals are concerned such as hajj; salaat, zakaat..etc.
I did not accuse anybody of ignorance.

Bigmo

Quote from: Samia on February 11, 2009, 11:33:13 AM
So what's the the ultimate aim: to attack hadiths, or to put the message back into prespective? Many, very false hadiths, have the qur'an as reference and that's by misinterpreting verses or givnig words different meanings such as laws regarding inheritance, child custody, divorce or as far as rituals are concerned such as hajj; salaat, zakaat..etc.

I don't understand the term "law" of inheritance or "law" of whatever. What does it mean to say law? Is everthing the Koran tells the prophet and the people of medina to do divine law? If you Samia believe that the Koran did not give us a specific sets of religious rituals we are to follow what makes you believe that the Koran then gives us a specific "law" to govern a community of believers? I have come up with a thread about Hukm in the Koran where I showed how the Koran uses the term hukm very differently from the way we do. Anyways its not the job of the prophecy to create a legal framework for societies to follow and it is impossible for anyone to do so anyways. The Koran doesn't tell us how to secure our borders and run our economies or how to establish ministries etc.
88:21 22; And so, exhort them your task is only to exhort; you cannot compel them to believe

Hope

So what's the the ultimate aim: to attack hadiths, or to put the message back into prespective?

They aim at put the message back to presepective.

I didn't mention you at all, i meant they are always attacked and accused by the religious men in power as being ignornat.