Author Topic: # Allah in Quran  (Read 26312 times)

navidfa

• Apprentice
Re: # Allah in Quran
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2013, 08:19:26 PM »
Peace, what you stated is false since the word God in Arabic occurs 2704 times.
Exclude 5 allahuma & 112 chapter titles to “fix” statistically insignificant multiple.

3:26 قل say اللهم allahuma/the God ours
5:114 قال said عيسى Isa/Jesus ابن son مريم Maryam/Mary اللهم allahuma/the God ours
8:32 واذ and when قالوا said they اللهم allahuma/the God ours
10:10 دعواهم invocation theirs فيها therein سبحانك glory to you اللهم allahuma/the God ours...
39:46 قل say اللهم allahuma/the God ours...

Read article by brother Ayman on the word: http://www.quran4peace.org/documents/Quran4peace-English-part1.pdf

None of those verses are God with a capital G. They are just saying "Our god", as in the idol. Lower case god.

Even free-minds has translated this correctly:  39:46 Say: "Our god, Initiator of the heavens and the Earth, Knower of the unseen and the seen, You will judge between Your servants regarding what they disputed in."

So that eliminates those 5 verses, and yes verse 0s are not included in the God count. So 112 unnumbered verses are also not included in this count.

Noon waalqalami

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2013, 02:24:14 PM »
None of those verses are God with a capital G. They are just saying "Our god", as in the idol. Lower case god.

Even free-minds has translated this correctly:  39:46 Say: "Our god, Initiator of the heavens and the Earth, Knower of the unseen and the seen, You will judge between Your servants regarding what they disputed in."

So that eliminates those 5 verses, and yes verse 0s are not included in the God count. So 112 unnumbered verses are also not included in this count.

Peace,

Of course 112 verses, verse "0" is excluded except when needed to "fix" a multiple as in the case of total verses or when counting initials, etc. In the Arabic there is no capitalization and allah means “the god” in English, not name of an Arab god and allahuma translates correctly as "the god ours" (our god). In all verses it’s same as in first or any verse.

1:1 بسم in name الله the god الرحمن the powerful الرحيم the merciful
6:3 وهو and he الله the god في in السماوات the heavens وفي and in الارض the earth

3:26 قل say اللهم the god ours مالك owner الملك the kingship ...
5:114 قال said عيسى Isa/Jesus ابن son مريم Maryam/Mary اللهم the god ours ربنا lord ours ...
8:32 واذ and when قالوا said they اللهم the god ours ...
10:10 دعواهم invocation theirs فيها therein سبحانك glory to you اللهم the god ours ...
39:46 قل say اللهم the god ours فاطر originator السماوات the heavens والارض and the earth ...

navidfa

• Apprentice
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2013, 04:21:22 PM »
Peace,

Of course 112 verses, verse "0" is excluded except when needed to "fix" a multiple as in the case of total verses or when counting initials, etc. In the Arabic there is no capitalization and allah means “the god” in English, not name of an Arab god and allahuma translates correctly as "the god ours" (our god). In all verses it’s same as in first or any verse.

1:1 بسم in name الله the god الرحمن the powerful الرحيم the merciful
6:3 وهو and he الله the god في in السماوات the heavens وفي and in الارض the earth

3:26 قل say اللهم the god ours مالك owner الملك the kingship ...
5:114 قال said عيسى Isa/Jesus ابن son مريم Maryam/Mary اللهم the god ours ربنا lord ours ...
8:32 واذ and when قالوا said they اللهم the god ours ...
10:10 دعواهم invocation theirs فيها therein سبحانك glory to you اللهم the god ours ...
39:46 قل say اللهم the god ours فاطر originator السماوات the heavens والارض and the earth ...

I understand there is no capital in arabic. That wasn't my point. You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. Please read carefully. Those ayas are not talking about ALLAH, they are talking about ILAH, which MEANS "god" not God.

Looks can be deceiving, however upon closer examination, it isn't using the word God.

[10:10] Their prayer therein is: "Be You glorified, our god," their greeting therein is, "Peace," and their ultimate prayer is: "Praise be to GOD, Lord of the universe."
[5:114] Said Jesus, the son of Mary, "Our god, our Lord, send down to us a feast from the sky. Let it bring plenty for each and every one of us, and a sign from You. Provide for us; You are the best Provider."

This is NOT the word allah, as it GOD, nor does it mean it in the verse.

This is god, as in "My god, My god, why have you forsaken me?"

Noon waalqalami

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2013, 11:58:10 PM »
I understand there is no capital in arabic. That wasn't my point. You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. Please read carefully. Those ayas are not talking about ALLAH, they are talking about ILAH, which MEANS "god" not God.

Looks can be deceiving, however upon closer examination, it isn't using the word God.

[10:10] Their prayer therein is: "Be You glorified, our god," their greeting therein is, "Peace," and their ultimate prayer is: "Praise be to GOD, Lord of the universe."
[5:114] Said Jesus, the son of Mary, "Our god, our Lord, send down to us a feast from the sky. Let it bring plenty for each and every one of us, and a sign from You. Provide for us; You are the best Provider."

This is NOT the word allah, as it GOD, nor does it mean it in the verse.

This is god, as in "My god, My god, why have you forsaken me?"

Peace,

In Arabic these are all same as الله-م the god ours referring to the creator (i.e. the god)...

2141   الله the god
240      والله and the god
139      بالله with the god
130      لله to god
27      ولله and to god
8      تالله by the god
6      فلله so god
6      فالله so the god
5      اللهم the god ours
1      وتالله and by the god
1      ابالله surely with the god

2704      total

Again, suggest reading the article posted earlier and part 2 as well:
http://www.quran4peace.org/documents/Quran4peace-English-part1.pdf
http://www.quran4peace.org/documents/Quran4peace-English-part2.pdf

navidfa

• Apprentice
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2013, 05:30:15 PM »
Peace,

In Arabic these are all same as الله-م the god ours referring to the creator (i.e. the god)...

2141   الله the god
240      والله and the god
139      بالله with the god
130      لله to god
27      ولله and to god
8      تالله by the god
6      فلله so god
6      فالله so the god
5      اللهم the god ours
1      وتالله and by the god
1      ابالله surely with the god

2704      total

Again, suggest reading the article posted earlier and part 2 as well:

You are still confused. Yes it is referring to GOD, but the word used is "god". No god but God.

You don't seem to understand. I can't help you sorry.

I can say many things and refer to God.

My lord, my god, my savior.

Noon waalqalami

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2013, 08:30:28 PM »
You are still confused. Yes it is referring to GOD, but the word used is "god". No god but God.

You don't seem to understand. I can't help you sorry.

I can say many things and refer to God.

My lord, my god, my savior.

Peace, it’s you who is confused obsessed with numerology; obvious by what you write.

In English there are expressions as:

By God!
Our God!

In Arabic there is no capitalization and there are similar expressions:

8 occurrences    ت-الله By God!
26:97 By God! Indeed we are surely in misguidance clear.”

5 occurrences    الله-م Our God!
5:114 said Jesus son of Mary – “Our God! Our Lord...”

Thus numerologists exclude/include letters, words, verses, play with capitalization, etc., to “fix” multiples to impress extremely naive, devoid of simple logic and basic math concepts.

navidfa

• Apprentice
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2013, 12:03:24 AM »
Peace, it’s you who is confused obsessed with numerology; obvious by what you write.

In English there are expressions as:

By God!
Our God!

In Arabic there is no capitalization and there are similar expressions:

8 occurrences    ت-الله By God!
26:97 By God! Indeed we are surely in misguidance clear.”

5 occurrences    الله-م Our God!
5:114 said Jesus son of Mary – “Our God! Our Lord...”

Thus numerologists exclude/include letters, words, verses, play with capitalization, etc., to “fix” multiples to impress extremely naive, devoid of simple logic and basic math concepts.

OK i suggest you study the grammer of english more before you claim that there is such as thing as "Our God".

"God" here is "The God" a being like a name, while "god" is a description and just means deity in general.

You cannot say, "Our "THE GOD". The correct meaning in 5:114 is [5:114] Said Jesus, the son of Mary, "Our god, our Lord.

This is the same as saying "Our deity, our Lord."
This is NOT the same as saying "Our THE GOD, our Lord."
That is an INCORRECT claim, both grammatically and in meaning.

THIS IS WHY even FREE MINDS translated those 5 verses correctly as "Our god" which means "Our deity", not "Our The God". That is why they don't count for Allah! The correct count without these 5 incorrect counts and the false verse 9:129 give us 2698 or 19x142

Noon waalqalami

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2013, 01:20:30 AM »
OK i suggest you study the grammer of english more before you claim that there is such as thing as "Our God".

"God" here is "The God" a being like a name, while "god" is a description and just means deity in general.

I suggest you study the Arabic. Not like a name "always" a description or deity in general i.e.  الله the god

READ THE ARTICLES:

This whole counting things and looking for multiples is absurd nonsense.

Peace be upon you.

navidfa

• Apprentice
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2013, 02:12:22 AM »
I suggest you study the Arabic. Not like a name "always" a description or deity in general i.e.  الله the god

READ THE ARTICLES:

This whole counting things and looking for multiples is absurd nonsense.

Peace be upon you.

Even in arabic, you cannot say "Our God". ALLAH means "THE GOD".
In ANY language you cannot say "Our THE GOD"  FINISHED!

[17:46] We place shields around their minds, to prevent them from understanding it, and deafness in their ears.

You are a perfect example of this verse right now. You cannot understand no matter what I say.

[18:57] Who are more evil than those who are reminded of their Lord's proofs, then disregard them, without realizing what they are doing. Consequently, we place shields on their hearts to prevent them from understanding it (the Quran), and deafness in their ears. Thus, no matter what you do to guide them, they can never ever be guided.

Noon waalqalami

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2013, 02:51:39 AM »
Even in arabic, you cannot say "Our God". ALLAH means "THE GOD".
In ANY language you cannot say "Our THE GOD"  FINISHED!

No in Arabic it's  الله-م allahuma/the god/deity ours and no difference between these…

12:95 قالوا saying ت-الله by the god انك indeed you لفي surely in ضلالك misguidance yours القديم the old
39:46 قل say الله-م the god ours فاطر originator السماوات the heavens والارض and the earth 

In all languages there are similar phrases...

Latin languages (French, Spanish, Italian, etc.) notre dieu
Slavic languages (Russian, Polish, Balkans, etc.) naš bog

Lastly ...

9:128 لقد truly جاءكم came to you رسول messenger من from انفسكم yourselves عزيز mighty عليه on to him ما what عنتم you suffer حريص concerned عليكم upon you بالمومنين to the believers رءوف kind رحيم merciful
9:129 فان so if تولوا turn away فقل say حسبي sufficient for me الله the god لا not اله deity الا except هو he عليه on to him توكلت I put my trust وهو and he رب lord العرش the throne العظيم the great